The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

LETSLA Short Shifter Linkage

139K views 610 replies 128 participants last post by  dipan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. I am introducing the LETSLA. Lotus Elise/Exige Transmission Shifter Linkage Assembly. After months of design and redesign I have the final version in my own car and it works great. It makes the car feel and shift the way it always should have. It will be available to ship in about two-four weeks, but if you want to purchase now to get on the list of one of the first ones to get it you can. I am just waiting on the final batch of a single production part to be run and shipped to me. The pictures do not do it justice as I do not have a high end camera that can take close up pictures. When you see it you will see how it looks like a work for art made for the Lotus.
Trueleo LETSLA

Here is the basic information from the site.
When I first drove the Elise I could not believe how amazing the car was and felt, yet there was one portion that just did not fit in a car of this caliber, the shifting. The stock shifter has so much play and such long throws it feels like we are driving a truck and I found this to be totally unacceptable. I have driven many mid engine cars in the past and the stock Elise has the worst shifter feel and throw by far. We have redesigned the entire linkage assembly in Solidworks at the transmission side. This will replace the linkage assembly at the transmission with an adjustable assembly with 4 sealed cartridge bearings and 4 rod end bearings instead of bushings. It will also have adjustments so the end user can pick how much throw they would desire. This will allow for a much shorter and faster shifting throw with less play for more accurate and direct shifting. The linkage assembly also weights about 1lb and the stock unit is about 3-4lbs. Installation instructions here.

Note- I have the final production model in my own car and the shifting and feel is so much better than I could have even hoped for when designing the assembly. It transforms the driving experience from fumbling with the long throws and bad shifting to a precise and crisp action that just feels perfect in a car of this caliber. We will have detailed installation instructions up soon, but the initial installation was very simple and no special tools are required. Installation should only take about an hour if you are taking your time. Contact us if you have any further questions Troy@Trueleo.com

See less See more
#151 ·
I will be shipping out tomorrow.

#154 ·
After looking at this mod it sure looks like TroyLotus is delivering a quality kit with all the bases covered.

#155 ·
All shipped out this morning sent via USPS priority. International orders I did the 5-10 day shipping so it should be 1-2 weeks if that long. Each box only weighted in at like 3lbs so not being oversized it should not take long. To all that will install I just ask one thing and that is please read the directions in full, especially the part about adjusting the cable ends at the shifter side when you have it all done. If you have any questions just email me.
Troy

#158 ·
The original Elan, the shifter was about 9" long and went directly into the gearbox from the top, a very sweet setup. Damn I miss my Elan s1 RHD.:wallbang:

#159 ·
many cars have that configuration. Its one of the advantages of front engine and RWD.... My mustang has a tight shifter. but its pretty stiff and clunky.
Is the Elan gear box THAT good? or does it have a close ratio+short thow? Or does it have some kind of fancy syncro design?

Sorry for the OT Troy....

#161 ·
Okay, after an incredibly spirited drive this weekend I'm interested in this mod.

So...are they in stock? or is there a wait?

#163 ·
They are in stock now.
HTML:
So...are they in stock? or is there a wait?

#164 ·
Got mine today.

Whilst prepping for the install I have noticed the following which might be helpful.

If you go to the install directions (Trueleo LMP kit car)
Then right click on any of the lower install pictures ( the ones where there is no hand url linkage) and select 'Print Picture...', the picture is much larger and hence more useful to the mechanically challenged. Me :panic:

#165 ·
The site still says: It will be available to ship in about two-four weeks as we are waiting on one final hardware production piece to come in.

So if we order tonight it will ship tomorrow??

#168 ·
Good questions. On the bellcrank lever you can use any hole and the #1 on that is shortest throw. On the crossgate you can use the hole #2 on your picture. Also, can I use those pics on my site to explain it better?

HTML:
O.K., I would like the shortest shift (without binding) possible. 

What hole # should I be using for the crossgate? And what hole # should I be using for the bellcrank?
I forgot to update that and I will fix that. Yes, I have a few in stock right now and I am getting my next batch here this week so all is good.
HTML:
The site still says: It will be available to ship in about two-four weeks as we are waiting on one final hardware production piece to come in.

So if we order tonight it will ship tomorrow??

#171 ·
I'm in the middle of the install and came across a problem: the plastic sheath on one of the stock cables has broken in half (I haven't checked the second cable yet).

Do I need to replace the entire cable before continuing with the install, or can I simply leave the broken half of the plastic sheath on the cable (as some form of protection) and install the aluminum sheath over top of it??

#173 ·
I placed an order...you can set it to stock throw right? I don't want shorter, I want stock throw (wouldn't even mind longer actually) - just the stock parts are garbage would love better feel. Will post feedback once it's on. I baby the tranny, shift with fingers, double clutch down into second usually...the whole stock assembly just feels like mash potatoes.

#174 ·
Correct...Go to the head of the class.

#178 ·
+1

Got mine in the mail last week......very very nice.........trully a master piece:bow:...thank you for your hard work on this upgrade....no words could describe nor picture do it justice ........

#179 ·
darkSol- Thanks for the weight info as I do not have a scale like that. When you take off the stock parts can you weight them also to compare? I know they are much heavier by a couple of pounds I would guess, but how much I am not exact.

I am also updating the directions a bit with some new pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.