The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Got Vanity Plate?

529K views 2K replies 832 participants last post by  StressCraxx 
#1 ·
Okay, time to be honest....

Who's already ordered a Vanity License Plate for your new Elise?

Come on... tell us... What does it say???

Kiyoshi :)

#2 ·
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and almost started a thread on the subject:). Does anyone know of a site that will let me check availability in Florida? I'm curious about what others come up with as well.

-Eric

#3 ·
Haven't ordered one, but I might like to see:

LOWTUSH

Seems appropriate.

#5 ·
transio said:
I'm gonna get this one for Florida:

US ELISE

Since I don't plan on getting it until I get my car, PLEASE no one else take it.

Thanks !!
Well, in Maryland, you get 7 spaces for your tag. You used 8. In Maryland, your tag would read:

USELISE

Some might think you "Use Lise" (Lice)

Others may agree that your impractical little sportscar is:

USELESS

#9 ·
I have a plate in mind that has nothing to do with Lotus or Elise, but I haven't ordered it yet because I don't want to pay to have the plate for 6 months or more until the car shows up. And I don't want to put it on my current car and then go through a hassle to change it over.

In California, some plates have 6 characters (e.g., the Arts plate that I want, with a palm tree and sun, very Kalifornia-like) and some have 7, giving you some flexibility (and of course, you can have fewer characters on the vanity plates, if you wish). And you can check your prospective combos on-line. I played around with Elise and Lotus themed plates and found some that were ok and available, but nothing that blew me away. Who knows, though, I seem to have several months to change my mind.

#10 ·
In California you can order a plate ($50) and just pay the annual fee ($25) and it doesn't have to be on a car. So, 6 months is really only $12.50 and knowing how things go in CA most of the "good" combos will be gone VERY quickly.

In my mind, if you're in CA and thinking about getting a plate then to me it would be worth the $$$s to get what you want.

Kiyoshi

#11 ·
I never understood why people get plates with the name of the car/manufacturer on it. Does it not already have that info already on the car? Plus, that's not origional. Maybe it's just be, but I never understood it. You'd see a guy driving a Trans Am, and he'd have Trans Am on his plate. Why?:confused: Hope I don't offend anyone, maybe I'm missing the point of plates like that.

As for my plate, I'll use the one I have on my S2K. It says Tidal on it. My screen name on the boards I got to.

As for Florida and being able to check plates, they don't have it online. You have to got to the DMV and check.

#1,624 ·
100000% agree. I am thinking they want to make sure we know what it is... saw a 911 with the plate that says, "911", right below the factory 911 emblems... you know, just in case we missed it.

Here's my latest idea... because around these parts, when you drive something flashy, people pull up next to you and assume you are one of the Hollywood elite... when you are not... or they ask if you are in so and so show... so hopefully this ends the questions:

Attachments

#19 ·
khamai said:
In California you can order a plate ($50) and just pay the annual fee ($25) and it doesn't have to be on a car. So, 6 months is really only $12.50 and knowing how things go in CA most of the "good" combos will be gone VERY quickly.

In my mind, if you're in CA and thinking about getting a plate then to me it would be worth the $$$s to get what you want.

Kiyoshi
Thanks, Kiyoshi. Good info. I may have to go for it.

#20 ·
FilthyJason said:
The one I'm thinking of is "I XLR8"

Of course now someone else is going to run out and get it in AZ.

~FJ
I've seen that XLR8 plate before. It's not original.

Why not go with MSTRB8 instead?

One of my favorites is FIATX19 .... on the back of a Ferrari 246 Dino!

I was going to get:

SMALL D

on my plate. Everyone is going to be thinking I'm just compensating for one anyway. Might as well meet them halfway.

#22 ·
Oh yeah, I betcha can't guess what mine is:p
<---Hint, Hint

I don't know if I would keep it for the Liz though. If all goes as planned I will keep my car 328 so I will have to come up with something new anyway. I would like to do something that's boasting its cornering ability. Like...

ONRAILS (ala Pretty Woman) already taken in AZ, doh!

KNDODGR- Is this one decipherable?

GOTAPEX

LVTWSTT

HYSTRNG

#26 ·
transio said:
I'm gonna get this one for Florida:

US ELISE

Since I don't plan on getting it until I get my car, PLEASE no one else take it.

Thanks !!
stating the obvious...
very good in educating the public on what you are driving :D , just like those who wears designer clothes with big bold letters of Tommy or Versace or whatever printed so that no one will mistaken as to what you are wearing or driving.

i never liked these sort of plates with just their model name... at least the owners can try to be more original. some play with their names and works okay.. "S4Play"... etc etc...

(the worse one i have seen just reads "BMW" .. and this was on a 318i :rolleyes: )

Fortunately, i think that there are enough girls who are actually named Elise who have taken up their very own vanity plate already, so that this unnecessary public education on car models does not happen to this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.