The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

F1 in Austin -- who is going ?

9K views 68 replies 33 participants last post by  spf4000 
#1 ·
F1 is coming to Austin on November 16-18th! Who from the Texas group is coming to the race and where will you guys be sitting? I plan on going with a few folks but we can't figure out what turn we plan to sit at. Either way hope to see some of you folks there and hopefully we can have a mini lotus meet-up prior to the race.

#3 ·
All set with my buddy. Don't wait to book a room, they are expensive and going fast.

#5 ·
I ended up going with General Admission for the first race so i could roam a little

Jeff

#15 ·
Man.. Been trying to get GA tickets sense mid morning, but the website just spins.. attempted to call, and after 30 mins on hold listening to god awful noise (music) I got a recording.. Please call back later... Guess I'll try late tonight or tomorrow.. Did get a hotel.. Seguin.. The only thing I could find.

#17 ·
I'm taking my Dad and we'll be there for the entire weekend. Hotels in or near Austin? HA! Good luck. Even over a month ago when I bought our tickets (Grandstand 7), the hotels were either sold out or exorbitantly priced.

I ended up getting a good deal on a hotel and rental car in San Antonio. You guys might want to consider doing the same if you're still looking. It's not that far of a drive and it'll save you a ton of $.

What does everyone think of setting up a lunch or dinner for all of us at some point in that weekend. It'd be great to put some faces with usernames. Perhaps one of you that are local can recommend a place or we can meet at the track?

#20 ·
"Sadly"? You're not a fan of F1 so you can't be too sad. On the other hand, as a local you'd be the perfect guy to help in organizing a Loti get-together at a local restaurant! Is there a PapaSittos close to the track?

#22 ·
I just got wind of this and dropped by the board to check it out for details. I have a list / group of 400 Exotics and High End cars here in Austin and there are a few Lotus owners there that don't get on this board. Someone shoot me the details and I'll try to get the word out if you guys are planning on meeting or having a "gathering" or something. Sounds too cool for me not to try to get the word out!!! :)

#63 ·
They did an AWESOME JOB with crowd control. I was at the inaugural TMS weekend which was TOTAL HELL 6+hrs to get out.
Compared to that COTA was a dream. I had the free parking at the Travis Expo center.. turn 11E is I think the furthest walk from the front gate. We split as soon as the race ended, within <1.5hrs of standing up we were in our car and out on the road back to Dallas.
Friends that sat next to us had the $150 (I think) extra parking had zero lines and they were 1hr ahead of us.
Another friend had the $30 airport parking and he was about 20-30mins ahead of me (but he was also in turn 1, a LOT closer to the exit)...
Anyway... what an awesome track, awesome race, and awesome weekend!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.