The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

My Garage is now complete

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  ramtin1000 
#1 ·
Evora Got a new brother:

After selling my 2006 Elise and purchasing the Evora I always regretted selling the Elise. No car can ever give you the same feel and the drive Elise gives you. I finally pulled the trigger and got a beautiful 2010 Elise with only 1600 Miles on it. It also has the performance package which will give you anytime you want to have in this car. Thought I share this with all the fans.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Very nice! :clap: Love the grey and red alcantara seats and contrast stitching in that model, especially with that exterior.

Out of curiosity, did you get the new Elise from a LT member in Michigan? I was looking at one with the same colors, same year and performance value package, and nearly the same miles. He was trying to sell before winter and I couldn't fit it in my timeframe with funding. Was going to reach back out if it was still available after winter if I could.

How do you find the PVP vs. the touring and sport in your old Elise (if you had them)? Was looking at '10s because of this package but it's hard to find info / opinions on it.

#10 ·
I thought I saw your Evora listed for sale by a dealership.

#13 ·
Congratulations, someday hope to add an Evora to my collection,for now my Elise Will have to share my garage with a Porsche.

On a Side note, before I bought my Elise I was invited to the premiere of the new Evora at auto Europe in Birmingham MI. Love the Evora but when I sat in the Elise I knew it was the sports car that I had always been looking for so I can totally understand why he needed to buy another Elise. I'm sure you'll enjoy both cars.:)

#15 · (Edited)
Evora Got a new brother:

After selling my 2006 Elise and purchasing the Evora I always regretted selling the Elise. No car can ever give you the same feel and the drive Elise gives you. I finally pulled the trigger and got a beautiful 2010 Elise with only 1600 Miles on it. It also has the performance package which will give you anytime you want to have in this car. Thought I share this with all the fans.

I'm with you, brother!

I sold my '99 Birkin (Lotus Seven clone) a few years ago and got an Evora. My wife and I had just adopted a little girl, and that seemed like a reasonable change. We could all comfortably fit in the Evora. It drives like a Lotus should. I Love it! BUT

It lacks the sense of adventure, the sheer madness, and lightness of a Seven.

I regretted selling the Birkin. One of my rules of life is no regrets so, a few weeks ago, I made room in the garage for a classic Series 2 Super Seven 1500 Cosworth, originally titled in 1966.

You and I are perhaps the luckiest men alive. :coolnana:

Tony
Indianapolis

#16 ·
Tony : I hope one day I can have one of those in my garage as well. I'm hoping one day I can have the full line up :)

ItsThaMonsta : I was thinking about selling it but I have changed my mind. We will be keeping both. Can't let it go after all the upgrades and making it look so good.

cmrodman: You're correct about the car. I saw David's listing on eBay. The car looked very clean and price was reasonable. Called him up and talked about he car a bit. Decided to move forward and buy it on ebay. I sent him the deposit and then booked a flight to go see the car in person. Once I saw it I was totally in love. I did a wire transfer , took delivery and shipped it back home.
I can tell you that this performance pack is the best package they offer in the elise. Just the seats itself pays for the extra money. Overall I think that $3500 package is money well spent. It is so much nicer than my 06 elise, even after all the upgrades I had on it.

#20 ·
You're correct about the car. I saw David's listing on eBay. The car looked very clean and price was reasonable. Called him up and talked about he car a bit. Decided to move forward and buy it on ebay. I sent him the deposit and then booked a flight to go see the car in person. Once I saw it I was totally in love. I did a wire transfer , took delivery and shipped it back home.
I can tell you that this performance pack is the best package they offer in the elise. Just the seats itself pays for the extra money. Overall I think that $3500 package is money well spent. It is so much nicer than my 06 elise, even after all the upgrades I had on it.
I'm very happy for you and a bit sad for myself;)! I really liked that set-up and agree that the price was reasonable. But, I wasn't fully sold and I wasn't able to pull the trigger at this time, so all I can do is send my congratulations and hope a similar one comes up around the time I'm more serious about buying.

Thanks for the information (I've been leaning towards a newer model but most users have questioned my decision, so the info on the PVP is really helpful) and the comparison. Most of all, enjoy the he** out of that garage :shift:!

Cheers!

#23 ·
You need to smaten up the guy that just sold his Elise and now wants us to help him with a car purchase. Can you say Evora!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.