The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Contest: guess the weight, win an RLS Phone Mount

5K views 96 replies 65 participants last post by  Stale_Hotdog 
#1 ·
Peer into the Bucket 'o Shame. You will see broken end mills, shattered drill bits, sawed-in-two drill chucks, fragmented carbide tooling and split high speed steel bits. These tools gave their lives in the pursuit of making stuff for Lotuses.

Each piece has its own story (and a string of cuss-words, in many cases.)

Be the first to guess the weight correctly, and win an RLS Phone Mount*. One guess per person, please.

* http://www.reallylightstuff.com/?page_id=657

Hint: the weight is X.XX lbs.

I won't be saying "yes" or "no", but as soon as the correct answer appears I will jump in.

What could be more fun? :)

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
6.88 lbs. That is some heavy, and expensive stuff.

#11 · (Edited)
2nd sentence is correct :eek:

When people start to think that prices are too high, they might consider the hidden costs of doing business. Rent. Heat. Internet. Phone. Consumables: drills, endmills, saw blades, titanium scissors (CF), machine maintenance, garbage disposal, prototyping, defective (unsalable) parts, stock (thousands of dollars sitting on shelves instead of making any return), paper, printing fees, boxes, tape, bubble wrap, taxes, etc. x 1,000.

I think that many shops in this niche are lucky if they can carve out a 10% profit after all is said and done. Seriously.

That's why most of us are subsidizing these endeavors with a ton of passion.

#10 ·
7.22 :D

#12 ·

#17 ·
Batimovil: "Container is a Similac (or equivalent brand) baby formula."

You have correctly identified the container. I suspect you are a fellow parent? :D

#24 ·
6.97 lbs

#25 ·
7.01 lbs

#26 ·
6.41 lbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.