The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Which aftermarket Elise exhaust passes at Laguna Seca?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lobuzz311 
#1 ·
So I'm itching to get back to Laguna Seca, now that I've got my Elise. The only thing that is keeping me from doing so is the sound restriction.

From what I can tell, pretty much anything other than the stock exhaust will get you black flagged for sound. I currently have a 2bular 6x24, which is fairly loud, though not obnoxiously so. It's a through the diffuser exit with stubby tips that don't actually go past the diffuser. As such, fabbing up a "Laguna Seca pipe" isn't really an option. My car didn't come with the stock exhaust, so swapping it back isn't an option either.

For those of you who have run MRLS with aftermarket exhaust, how did it go?

Appreciate the input.

#4 ·
I've run the BOE / BWR "ST-5" exhaust at Laguna twice. Once with a 90dB day and once with a 92 dB day. I have a stock catalytic converter and stock header. I also replaced the included shallow exit bend with a 90 degree mandrel bend to direct the exit towards the rear instead of to the right side of the car (pointing at the sound meter). I haven't done a "sound check" but I also haven't been flagged for sound.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input.
I'm taking the car to Trackspec for brakes and alignment before a trackday at Thunderhill, so I'll see what Jon thinks.
I've still got the stock header and cat, so maybe there's a chance. The snorkel is gone, though... If that makes a difference like Vantage proposed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.