The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

AiM Solo DL + Lotus Sport ECU

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  srwhitman 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if / how the LSECU differs from stock? I purchased an AiM SOLO DL recently and the config software has a preset for Lotus Elise, but it's not pulling any data. The unit fires up when I start the car so I'm pretty sure it's plugged in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
there's two ways of getting data into the aim, OBD and CAN.
OBD is too slow, so go the CAN route.
You also need to select the correct pins from the OBD connector that match the bus interface you've selected in the AIM.
Which aim ECU driver are you using?

#4 ·
Clusters is the CAN interface, the one you want to use.
Of all the places to get to the lotus can bus, the OBD connector is the easiest.
From looking at the Solo manual, it appears that the supplied OBD connector only interfaces with the OBD buss, and that they have supplied another cable with a binder and bare labeled wires on the other end. So it looks like to use CAN you would have terminate the other end of the bare cable to the CAN port pins that are exposed via the OBD connector in our cars, those pins are show in that PDF you referenced.

You could probably find a bare OBD connector on line vs splicing into the CAN wires on the back of the port, if you're more comfortable doing that.

I've got the EVO4, so I don't know what's in the SOLO box.

#9 ·
I am having trouble with my smartycam HD and solo DL. When I first got it, I did everything right and got the data overlaid on video beautifully. However, after I did a firmware update, I must have mucked around with some settings and now I get data and video but the data does not overlay onto the video. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.