The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Any Cool Online Place to Buy Car Numbers?

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  lotus69f2 
#1 ·
The next HPDE I'm attending requires that we adorn our own car numbers. In lieu of simply creating mickey-mouseed numbers from track tape, might there be removeable decal numbers that I can buy online?

Or maybe some larger retro-style numbers in a circle?

TIA!

#2 · (Edited)
I'll do whatever you want. Let me know the color, size, Heck even if you have a font preference- just send me a pic. Want a white circle too? no problem- done a ton of them that way. Just drop me an e-mail. Look at Signature.

Get specific with it. Want black? I have flat black, gloss black, metallic black, ultra metallic black, reflective black, Holographic black, simulated carbon fiber, etc etc.

Shoot me a simple paypal, and if it's a color I have in stock, it's in the mail the next day.

Plus I'm one of your own, at least I should be when the car gets through the port here. Supposed to arrive here the end of next month! Chrome Orange
Baby!

#3 ·
There are also these guys located in Roseville, CA:http://www.palmersigns.com/
They make very nice static stickers that are easy to apply and remove and stay put at high speed (120+mph). I use them and so does Chococar.

#4 ·
SweetDaddyD said:
Just drop me an e-mail. Look at Signature.
Got a web page or some pictures or something? I too am tired of taping on the cheapo paper numbers..

If you have some samples pictured somewhere, it would be great if I could just say "Yeah, like that one there.. only with my number"

I'm not picky: just regular autocross numbers.. three digits, two small letters for class, blue on white oval, two copies..

How much to paypal?

#5 ·
Unfortunately I don't have a website. I do graphics on the side, make them at Midnight after working a 12 hour day at my other business-:) I have about 4000 fonts in my computer but most of the time use ANTOL-NI for race #'s. Bold, easily legible, and a typical "race # style font" Just did a VW R32 for a car and driver race and that's what he choose. Ditto for a Buell that has set 2 land speed world records for his class, it's a pretty popular style. Or if you see a sample of a # style you like, just e-mail me a pic and I'll match it. I'll do the whole job, both white circles the #'s, and letters for $25 shipped, payable by paypal to the address below. If you want to do it, include the size of the circle, and size of the letters with your payment.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. All good leads...

#10 ·
If $52 is "very resonable", than surely my price of $25 shipped to a fellow member is VERY resonable. I assure you, it is. If a Joe Schmo approaches me my price quote would be much higher. I pretty much now just stick to jobs I like to do and give good prices out, coupled with outstanding materials. I use 5 year vinyl at a minimum, and often use 8-9 year film, and more often than not still at a more resonable price than some using a 6 month calandared vinyl made for temporary yard signs. Leave that crap on too long and you are left with shrinking cracked graphics, and worse yet- damaged paint. Quality material makes a difference, in durability, application, and clean easy removal (very important, often overlooked). We pulled lettering off the back of my uncles boat that had been on for 10 years and it came off clean. If someone would of saved a couple bucks by using a cheap material, after that period of time we would of been re-finishing the back of the boat.

#13 ·
Wow! There have been some old thread bumps lately but I think this one takes the cake!
10 1/2 years later...

#15 ·
Every town every place I know of has a vinyl graphics place! Even the Podunk place I live has 2. Figure out what you want , take it to them, get them made. Printed vinyl lasts less longer then solid color. Remember your doors are aluminum so magnetics wont work. One of the joys of being a Loti owner. Super old bump so I figured I would add to it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.