The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

ECU reflash, performance map

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  evansp60 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new member here, does anybody have experience with ECU remapping (B132E0008F) or ECU replacement on Lotus Elise? I'm looking for a performance ECU map for track use on a 1.6 Toyota 1ZR engine , but I haven't find any yet. Does anybody have any idea or experience in case? Thanks for the help in advance.

#3 ·
I think Evans read that too quickly...

We don't have a flash for the 1.6L motors and no ETA to create one either, as those motors are not in the states at this time...

Thanks- Phil

#5 ·
For a bit more a complete answer to help the OP out...

Just to be clear, I think Robert is saying that with the use of forced induction (Komo-tec is this case), you may be to get that motor to 220hp (at the crank).

It's a 120hp in NA form with only dual VVT (no L) and is very limited in what can be done with a flash to improve the horsepower. The 2ZZ has its issues but it was the last "HO" motor toyota ever made with VVT and VVL! These new motors are low revving with no VVL, and no soul... :( I digress...

I'm sure with full cam control, etc it would be possible to improve the power curve a bit but there's no ECU editor on the market that can fully manipulate the T6 ECU cam curves for that motor other than what Lotus has in house. Our fastworks editor can manipulate the T6 ECU adequately on the V6, but I have no basis for tuning that little 1.6L motor since the car doesn't exist here...

-Phil

#8 ·
Hk-

Live Tuning is what you're referring to. We've been doing that with the Lotus through the OBD2 port for better than a couple years now. Opening up the ECU is going way back to like 5 years. So welcome to the 2015, my friend...

That said, I'd gather you're mistaken on the 1.6L cars. Last I checked, and I could be wrong, the 1.6L cars use a T6 ECU. Short of some early development T6 ECUs, they don't have BDM ports. None of the Fed T6s have BDM ports. They have places for BDM, but you would need to do some micro soldering on the board to add the pins... So unless the 1.6L cars have something other than T6s or unless you're micro soldering on the board to add BDM pins, you're not opening them to tune them--- as it pertains to the T6 equipped cars...

Regarding mapping in general on the T6s, I've worked directly with Kold-fire for years and they do the mapping for Komo-tec. I can say for sure that the the editor for the T6 ECUs Komo-tec uses leaves a lot to be desired, so make sure you do your homework before doing mods to the 1.6L motor that would need significant remapping, as significant and remapping doesn't currently exist for the T6....

-Phil

#9 ·
Hk-

Live Tuning is what you're referring to. We've been doing that with the Lotus through the OBD2 port for better than a couple years now. Opening up the ECU is going way back to like 5 years. So welcome to the 2015, my friend...

-Phil
I knew my friend. :D

But your black dash version is still pending. :scratchhead:

And Kold Fire cable is around the same price. So owners don't want to wait. And this way, can custom re-map to fit owner's need. :p

By the way, I am not try to sell the re-map service. :no:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.