The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise with aftermarket SC ok for track use?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Boovett 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am currently shopping for a Lotus Elise, and I'm coming from a Corvette. I've done about 10 track days in my Vette and would like to do 1-2 track days a year in the Lotus. The Elise isn't quite as fast as my Vette, but that got me thinking about a supercharged one. I just don't want to have serious heat soak issues during a 30 minute session. So I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has any experience or knowledge about the subject. I'd also like to know what kind of acceleration times an Elise has with 225-250rwhp. Any and all advice is appreciated!

#4 ·
+1

#3 ·
Coming out of a Corvette, I would doubt that you would be satisfied with an Elise without a supercharger on track. The 45 - 55 bump in rwhp and torque of an aftermarket Katana supercharger makes the car so much more powerful. I had a Katana 2 installed a few years ago and it is a huge improvement.

#5 ·
Not sure what Vette you have but to say an Elise (NA) isn't as quick is an understatement.

I have a C6 making 401/400 rwhp/rwtq on a very stingy dyno. I have an Exige S making 281rwhp on a Dynojet with the stock SC. They're both fast but I think over 50-60 the Vette pulls away with superior torque and aerodynamics.

I don't have any heat issues but I ditched the stock oil coolers and went with a Laminova oil cooler setup. First mod I did.

San

#7 ·
The Lotus I'm looking at has a Katana blower, but I would also consider others. My vette was a C5 that would do 109 thru a quarter mile. As long as I'm pretty close to that kind of acceleration I'm sure I'd be happy. Thanks for all the input so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.