The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Favorite GoPro mount placements?

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Doge 
#1 ·
What are people's favorite spots for mounting the GoPro on a Lotus for trackdays?

Inside? Outside? High? Low?

I have started to switch to the actual stick-on mounts because they're so much more solid and the footage is more stable than with the suction cup (which has a long arm and is a bit "wobbly" at speed.)

I've tried the front center air intake (below the bumper) but it's too low and too forward. The sense of speed is fun, but it looks like you're missing apexes due to the distortion.

I've also tried the top of the windshield, which is pretty good but obviously doesn't capture the driver activity.

Inside the car is OK, but I feel you don't see the track that well through the windshield.

What are your favorite spots? Post a video example if you have one.

#2 ·
I usually have mine above the rear wheel. Either on top of the "fender" or out on the side like this:

I have another video of it up on top of this spot, I'll post it when I upload it. In the upper spot, you can see me and the steering wheel a little better.

#4 ·
As a kid who grew up playing racing sims, I used to prefer the 'bumper' camera. But ever since I got my driver's license, I switched to the in car-between the seats view.

Now that I've begun transitioning to VR, I now like the helmet mount.

I'm a fan of the idea of art-imitating-life-imititating-art where reality and art converge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.