The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

8K views 56 replies 4 participants last post by  AutoTrackDay 
#1 ·
My wife and I are both track day drivers and we have started a free online magazine catering exclusively to the track day driver enthusiast. We welcome you to visit our website at autotrackdaymonthly.com - Welcome to the Frontpage!

Check out just some of our original articles:

Track designer Alan Wilson is interviewed
A review of smart phone data and video logging apps and interview with the developer of Track Attack
An interview with the developer of RaceRender video editing software and the smart phone app, TrackAddictHD
An interview with Daniel McCoey who is a time trial driver and a track prep shop owner in Australia on track modifications
Reviews of race track facilities NCCAR in North Carolina (designed by Lotus) and The FIRM in Starke Florida
Two articles on efforts to reduce street racing by youths

and How To articles on our How To and Getting Started tabs

There is a Lotus video on our Video Archive tab and press releases from Lotus on our Press Release tab.

Please check the 13 articles on our home page. By clicking 'Read More" or the title, you can go right to the original material.

Thanks,
Michael and Ziva

See less See more
#54 ·
The BMW Performance Center to Contest the 2015 One Lap Of America with New BMW X6 M

We asked Mike Renner to comment on the BMW April 28 One Lap of America press release.

“It is truly phenomenal. It goes fast and if it happens to rain, we would hope that it rains every day as it is all wheel drive and I am very comfortable with that kind of condition."

Read further comments by Mike Renner as he prepares to contest another One Lap of America for BMW:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackQ&A

If you like what you see, please consider liking us on Facebook. It helps build our audience of track day enthusiasts:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

#55 ·
Palatov Motorsport: Cars Designed for Trackday Drivers

"What I wanted to do was create new solutions, break away from the tried and true. In racing there are very few opportunities to do that. Also, racing requires huge budgets relative to simply doing trackdays. But most importantly, I’m a trackday driver and not a racer. I wanted to design cars that I myself would want to own and drive."

Read the article here:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCars

Get your free trackday manuals and driver log here:

Downloads

#56 ·
New Jersey Motorsports Park

"Nothing beats repetition and seat time. This is not a sport that requires “book learning” skills. This sport requires hours behind the wheel until your awareness becomes acute. Nobody stops learning in this sport.”

We interviewed COO and General Manager, Brad Scott, and Chief Instructor Pete Tremper of New Jersey Motorsports Park. Click here to read the article:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

If you like what you see share it with your colleagues on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday/timeline

#57 ·
Henry Gilbert: Race Team, Schools and Track Days

"Universal Pictures hired me in 2001 to be the driving instructor for the cast of 2 Fast 2 Furious which was filmed in Miami and that is when I opened up my driving school - Sports Car Driving Experience. I got to work with the entire cast and had a great time with all the actors, including the late Paul Walker."

Read our latest article and do not miss that track video of Henry lapping the field at Sebring in a Corvette. It is some crazy capable driving.

autotrackdaymonthly.com - YourTrack

If you like us do the same on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/autotrackday?ref=hl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.