The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Pirelli Trofeo R on 15/16

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jds62f 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these tires on a smaller car? It looks like they must have just started selling these sizes, but you can get 225 front and 245 rear in a 15/16 setup now and they are only $660 a set.

I can't find a ton of info beside one guy saying that they are 90% as good as R6's which is a pretty good review?

Can I get any feedback on a 15/16 setup in general? The fastest Exige at my local track is running that setup with RA-1's which is what I was looking for when I saw these tires listed. They don't show up on the list of sizes but they come up if you search.

#2 ·
Have not seen these used before but looking at Tirerack these are basically the same tire they use on the Exige Cup cars so it can't be that bad.

Seems like a good tire to try but looks like they come in 225/50 on the front instead of the 225/45 on the RA-1. Don't know how much difference that might make.

The RA-1 on 15/16 seem to be the preferred setup and work really well.

#4 ·
think carefully if you go 15/16 and get the volks. If you have a problem with one, as I did, you're going to have a hell of a time finding a replacement wheel without buying a whole nother set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.