The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Rear dances & feels unsettled

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  forkmeupscotty 
#1 ·
I started tracking w/a Cayman & it was always very steady & instilled confidence braking from high speed.

However, I've never felt the same w/the Exige. When braking on the main straights the rear just feels quite unsettled & dances around.

I'm running DS2500's front & rear right now, but it also did it w/the OEM pads, so what would be the normal cause and remedy?

#3 ·
For me, that happened only when I set the front dampers soft as that cause me to hit the front bump stops and losing grip
OR too stiff of a rebound at the rear.
OR it could be the tire pressure.

Not much else can be said since no other relevant info was given like the type of suspension, alignment, tire pressure, type of tire, etc etc etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.