The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Ridge ap/helmet cam - 1:55.27 Elise NA

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cemaykan1 
#1 ·
First track day of the season at Ridge. It was a cold day, took me a while to get the tires upto temp.

Beat my previous best time(from last year) by 1.2 seconds with a 1:55.27 . We did have another exige 240s which was running 1:58's.

Car is 05 stock (except for front BBK and suspension)

#6 ·
You planning on going back soon? Have not been on that track for a couple of years...love to get back there!

#7 ·
First track day of the season at Ridge. It was a cold day, took me a while to get the tires upto temp.

Beat my previous best time(from last year) by 1.2 seconds with a 1:55.27 . We did have another exige 240s which was running 1:58's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkLFsHm9GM

Car is 05 stock (except for front BBK and suspension)
Do you find it faster to hit the inside of the carousel so quickly off the approach?

#10 ·
Yes, it is faster. I've tried both lines in many occasions.
The reason is, if you aim the car to the inside line on entry of the carousal, you can brake extremely late with trail braking and get some of the turning in out of the way.

In addition at the mid-point of the carousel, the camber is actually better then the rest of the surface.

Also, i've noticed that there is more rubber buildup on the inside line. This is proabbly due to many of the regional races (with ++slick tires) cars take this line as-well, which overtime makes it great for a dry day :)

It does feel a bit hairy, especially if you don't get the trail brake + heel'n'toe downshift right though...

Give it a try next time and let me know how it feels.

#9 ·
I was up at the Ridge yesterday, an Elise 240S ran a 1:53.8...I could not hang with him but had a great time anyway. Fun track and a 1:55 is damn fast on street tires, great job!

#12 ·
240S was running Yoko slicks, soft compound I think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.