The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

So Cal Track Event

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lobuzz311 
#1 ·
If you’re an experienced track junkie, all you need to know is: 3+ hours of track time, free lunch, low price.

If you’re new to the track, this event is going to be perfect for you. Just bring your car and a helmet (helmet rental will be available for $15 if you don’t have one).

You’ll get to experience what your car can really do in a safe and controlled environment. After we go through a short classroom session we’ll hit the skid pad for some braking and cornering exercises, then jump on the track for a day of instruction and lapping. You’ll have an instructor with you for as long as you want. They won’t let you out on your own until you are both comfortable with it, don’t worry. Just leave your ego at home, because your first day on the track will be humbling. It doesn’t matter how great of a driver you are on the street, or how many times you’ve stormed the canyons, you’ll be amazed at how capable your car really is.

The price of $195 includes lunch and a $15 credit to the race shop. You can grab some souvenirs, or if the track bug bites, you can put that credit towards gloves, a helmet or other racing gear.

If you’re nervous about your first time on the track, please feel free to email the club. We’re here to help and to make you more comfortable with the experience.

Sign up below and Pay via Paypal to secure your spot. Once we get confirmation of your registration and your payment, your registration status will change from “pending” and you’ll get an email about it too.

Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic - Lotus Club of Southern California

See less See more
#3 ·
The event is actually put on by the track management themselves and they are providing instructors. There are also a couple experienced instructor who are club members and I know at least one of them is attending.

#4 ·
Sounds like a great event. Having an instructor in the car is very helpful. Haven't had a chance in the Elise yet, but I had tracked my Golf R a fair bit. My very first session ever at Laguna Seca was awesome thanks to the instructor's knowledge and direction. Highly recommended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.