The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Track Spin compilation

15K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  EricH 
#1 ·
I spun twice at Pocono Friday.

added those two to my lime rock one a while back

needless to say, I need to work on my wet driving.

First one the second came kicked in mid corner to throw me out
Second I got light over a small crest and lifted too much which turned me around
Third was literally minutes after the second and I was just mentally out of it and really should have taken the rest of the session off

#35 ·
R888 + standing water

#37 ·
kfennell - turn 6 isn't the bad one because it is not common to lose it there, in her own words she simply was not paying attention and went off. Turn 7 however is something to worry about. Go too far off course and you start running into old refrigerators and stuff.

#39 ·
Late in the day, losing the light, probably a little tired and a change in road surface.

I just let the car detailing folks take care of removing the dirt I took home from the desert inside the car.

Cheers.

#41 · (Edited)
This is a compare/review video I made, but I used spin and offs to try to make it more interesting. ;) See the video's description on YouTube for more information.
AiM Smartycam - Original and HD v2.1 Compare/Review/Test - w/hopefully interesting example video ;)

#44 ·
Noticed that some links I posted were now broken. I can't edit my posts so I am re-linking the videos here -

From Post #41 https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/track-spin-compilation.365585/post-5344457

From Post#42 https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/track-spin-compilation.365585/post-5653633

This is a compare/review video I made, but I used spin and offs to try to make it more interesting. ;) See the video's description on YouTube for more information.
I thought it would be fun to compile all of the in-car video of track spins or saves that my friends and I have been a part of or witnessed from 2016-2017 (mostly from my '08 Lotus Exige-S 240). See below for the newest installment, ISpinUwin#3.

ISpinUWin #1 and #2 were posted previously in this thread.

#42 · (Edited)
I thought it would be fun to compile all of the in-car video of track spins or saves that my friends and I have been a part of or witnessed from 2016-2017 (mostly from my '08 Lotus Exige-S 240). See below for the newest installment, ISpinUwin#3.

ISpinUWin #1 and #2 were posted previously in this thread.

#49 ·
3:29 captured by Friss watch the rearview mirror for pucker factor.

#52 · (Edited)
More spin videos! I had a lot of 1st world problems getting to the track these years... Read description for more information

00:00 Intro
00:13 HiRes pictures from 2022-2023 - Lotus Exige S240, Porsche GT3RS, BAC Mono R, Track pics.
00:41 Jan'23 - passing challenges with Subaru BRZ or Toyota G86
01:38 Let the spins begin
01:56 Trying to chase a 2020 Revolution A-One
02:36 Misc and spins of BRZ, BMW M2
03:15 Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car loses a headlight
03:25 Chasing a Ford Mustang Stock Car - with exhaust flames
04:08 Chasing Porsche GT3RS 991.2 until they lose it. Then passing challenges.
04:43 BMW E92 M3 loses oil line... or more (fire)
04:57 Chasing Porsche Cayman 718 GT4. Having clutch problems. Then out having fun with friend with BAC Mono R. Also a good tank slapper whoopsie spin.
06:06 Misc fun then Porsche 944, Nissan 350z, BMW offs. Cold day Spec Cayman and Cayman Type S offs
07:53 Jan'24 - passing challenges with Subaru BRZ or Toyota G86 and Chevy Camaro ZL1
08:47 Dallara Stradale delivery, Corvette Z06 C6 off, high speed spin, Misc fun, Camaro off, spin when chasing BMW E46 M3.
10:23 Oh hail no! (pause video to read text)
12:44 Misc fun, Mustang GT spin, chasing a Radical, Porsche 991 GT3 laying down rubber.
14:09 Oh hail no update (pause video to read text)
14:21 Romain Grosjean told me PERSONALLY that...
15:17 Outro