The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What's the ideal rim/tire setup for SoCal Tracks?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  apk919 
#1 ·
I have a bone stock Elise that I just got on Tuesday. It has the sport package.

I go to Big Willow, Streets, Buttonwillow, Chuckwalla.

Is it 17/16, 16/15, 15/15?

Been tracking a Miata for 3 years. About 50 days under my belt.

Thanks!

#2 ·
First, I'm guessing you know that there aren't many wheels that fit the Elise/Exige/2-Eleven outside the OEM choices and a handful of aftermarket choices.

That said, LSS wheels are fine... Lotus Cup wheels are heavier but stronger, and RAC Monolites are probably the top choice for 16f/17r wheels. Volks are probably the top choice for 15f/16r fitment.

When it comes to tires... if you're going 16f/17r, for R-comps it's Yokohama or Toyo (the R888 is probably the most popular R-comp). For slicks it's Yokohama A005-S01 soft compound for absolutely maximum grip.

Just my $0.02 worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.