Lotus Exige CupR Revealed - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lotus Exige CupR Revealed

Quote:
Lotus Racing just announced a series of first public debuts during the 2013 Autosport International Show in Birmingham, U.K.

Group Lotus’ racing arm will bring two new race cars linked directly to the Evora S which will be “track day” cars capable of driving on the road, but built with a racing focus. There will also be a “pure race bred” Exige V6 CupR on display during the show.

The cars are meant to attract potential entrants to the newly-announced SRO GT4 European Trophy, but there are other reasons to visit the booth should you find yourself in Birmingham between tomorrow and Sunday. Visitors will also have the chance to win a free driving experience day from the Lotus Driving Academy.
See more Lotus Exige CupR Photos at AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post

See more Lotus Exige CupR Photos at AutoGuide.com
GT4 is fine and all for Europeans, but what you got to offer to US pro racers? ALMS GT2 ... Alex Job Racing already tried that one. No takers on the Evora GT4, track day yes, pro racing none.

Not really waiting for Lotus Motorsports to homologate anything for the US pro racing serie, as I prefer to do my own as I put together something more appropriate for US pro racing, i.e., cheaper given reality of road racing sponsorship opportunities in the US. Offered very reasonable homologation for Exige I4 and Evora for World Challenge GT (top class) and GTS (middle class). Response was a maybe for Exige V6 for World Challenge GT.

Tom_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Front Page News