WTB: Elise/Exige in Canada, 2008+ - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

WTB: Elise/Exige in Canada, 2008+

Hi guys,

Lurking on the forum for a long time, it's time to find the right car. I'm looking for any 2008+ Elise/Exige available in Canada, and will consider any option/colour. I prefer non-sc (gonna go with a tvs sc later), but send anything my way.

Posted in the Cars Wanted section already, but the Canada region will likely have more views. I'm in the Edmonton region but will travel if required. I know the market prices for these cars (not comparable to USDM vehicles).

Thanks!
rp_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

John Scotti in Montreal has a brand new 09 yellow Elise in stock. Yes, you read that correctly, it's brand new. I'm sure it's the last new Elise available in the country, probably in N. America. If you call, ask for Bernard and tell him Sergio sent you.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
John Scotti in Montreal has a brand new 09 yellow Elise in stock. Yes, you read that correctly, it's brand new. I'm sure it's the last new Elise available in the country, probably in N. America. If you call, ask for Bernard and tell him Sergio sent you.
I've seen that and I don't think it's an 09, much less an 08. It has the old style white face gauges (one of the reasons I want an 08+)
Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sent you PM.
cj323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp_guy View Post
I've seen that and I don't think it's an 09, much less an 08. It has the old style white face gauges (one of the reasons I want an 08+)
No, it is an 09. I know what you mean but it's because the photos are not of the actual car- they get photos off the Internet of other cars. It's lame, but the dealership is not. They are a certified dealer of Lotus and other exotics.

So they're legit and the posting text is accurate. I bought mine from there.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

The ones in Montreal are the real deal as described above. The pics in their Auto-trader listing confused me as well. Best to phone to get details.

The Scotti sales rep (Bernard) emailed me several pics of the SC red one. I really wanted to buy it, but the wife preferred a 2000 Esprit that came up locally, so we bought that instead.

Bernard seemed like a terrific guy on the phone, and said he can fully arrange things for pick-up with no provincial taxation issues, etc. They are Canadian models and he figured you would not even need an Out of Province to get registered here. Not saying that's the case, just that the dealer didn't see it as a big issue.

The deal with the two Elise's; both virtually no miles (~200 km's), but the warranty period had to be started when they purchased them from Lotus NA a few years ago. From memory I think the remaining factory warranty period is about one year. Basically he ordered a bunch and got caught in the downturn, and these two are left.

The Canyon Red SC is a conventional used car. Bernard said the owner traded it in on a new Evora for ease of entry, and it's in good shape with no issues.

Have you seen this one in Calgary? It's a very nice car. Again, no spousal approval here, so I passed.

Used 2009 Lotus Exige S260 | Calgary, AB | Aston Martin Calgary

I had left my name with a Weissach sales rep when I was down in Vancouver before Christmas. He thought he might have one coming up for sale by about now. Can't recall the sales rep's name, but might be a good idea to call. He said they often sell used Elise's without being listed.

Good luck in your search.

HTH
'00 Esprit V8
'87 BMW M6 & '84 BMW R100RT

Last edited by stugilmour; 02-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

those scotti cars just don't appeal to be because of the colours. anyway, i like the s260 at distinctive collection although the price is out of my range at this point. i'll probably go to calgary in a few weeks and see what they can do though.

if you have some free time, do you mind taking a quick look at it for me?

weissach has been sending me some cars as well, but again, not the right colour/years.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
The Scotti sales rep (Bernard) emailed me several pics of the SC red one. I really wanted to buy it, but the wife preferred a 2000 Esprit that came up locally, so we bought that instead.
Can you thank your wife for me please? Because I just bought the Ardent Red SC from Bernard. It was everything I was looking for, Red outside, black inside, SC, and brand new to boot. The stock pictures on the website threw me off too, I'm not sure why they do that. Now I just need this snow to melt so I can go pick it up. I can't tell you how excited I am.

Chris
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
Can you thank your wife for me please? Because I just bought the Ardent Red SC from Bernard. It was everything I was looking for, Red outside, black inside, SC, and brand new to boot. The stock pictures on the website threw me off too, I'm not sure why they do that. Now I just need this snow to melt so I can go pick it up. I can't tell you how excited I am.

Chris
where are you from? congrats and post pics when you get it.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm from Toronto (well, Brampton) so I'm planning to fly to Montreal on Porter and drive it back when the weather clears up.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Chris, that's fantastic! Sure you will really enjoy the car. I couldn't see these two cars lasting until spring. I really liked the colour combo of the SC car as well, and understand it is worth it to get the SC.

rp, I looked at the Calgary Exige a few weeks ago, and saw nothing out of place. It's such a low mileage example it appears as essentially a new car. I am not that familiar with the Elise or Exige, so can't really add anything beyond their description and photo's. Well worth checking out if you like it. I didn't sense they are worried about being able to sell it though.

Here are a few pics of Chris's car that Bernard sent me.
Attached Images

'00 Esprit V8
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Chris, just saw your location. Is this your first Lotus? I see you just joined the forum so welcome aboard.

Did you see that LOG will be at Watkins Glen this year? Unfortunately I can't make it out from Calgary due to a prior commitment. Highly recommend joining Lotus Ltd and going.

Here is a pic of the Esprit V8 I got.

Cheers!
Attached Images

'00 Esprit V8

Last edited by stugilmour; 02-24-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugilmour View Post
rp, I looked at the Calgary Exige a few weeks ago, and saw nothing out of place. It's such a low mileage example it appears as essentially a new car. I am not that familiar with the Elise or Exige, so can't really add anything beyond their description and photo's. Well worth checking out if you like it. I didn't sense they are worried about being able to sell it though.
i did a fair bit of research into this car and it seems like it didn't sell for a while, or was brought back to the dealer 2-3 times (to sell) in the past 2 years.

i really don't expect it to sell right away as it's probably too hardcore of a vehicle for a lot of people (no rear windshield). hopefully they are able to move on the price though.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Worth a shot for sure rp. Perhaps loosing our track down here is partial reason for selling? I don't know the cars well enough, but assume it is the Track Pack with the seats and stuff.
'00 Esprit V8
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

I am in Edmonton also. I will be selling my '07 Exige this year.
I know you are looking for '08+, but if you are just interested in having a look or driving one (once the snow/ice/sand is gone), feel free to contact me.
Kev
Kevin Menshik: 07 Exige S Storm Titanium. Larini de-cat, exhaust. Braille B2015 Battery, cut-off switch. Green filter, CF splitter, side scoops, shifter console & Access panels. Black wheel and horn badges. (SOLD)
61 White Elite S2. As stock as I can get it.
12 Evora GP Edition. Stock.
Kevin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
DJS

I know the S260 currently available in Calgary quite well. Looked at it in Feb 2011, have a carfax from that time and also know the most recent owner. There are less than 30 of these 2009 S260's in N America with very few in Canada - maybe just 1 or 2.
This link was the best source I found for this particular edition.

The comprehensive Exige 260 Registry

Colour may not be to everyones taste but with all the carbon it looks spectacular IMO! Looks way better in person - pictures do not do it justice.

pm me if you want any more info.
DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Chris, just saw your location. Is this your first Lotus? I see you just joined the forum so welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, this is my first Lotus. I drove a Miata for a long time, and I'm really looking forward to getting the Elise. Come on snow, get lost.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

i ended up buying the Sport 260 in Calgary (1/1 for 2009, 1/3 total in Canada)

Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
DJS

Congrats - it is an awesome looking Lotus.
Wasn't the best weekend for a test drive!
DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Congrats.. That looks awesome!
'69 Elan : QED Head, 420 Cams , CV Joints, Spax, Panasports
'12 Audi S4: My DD
'05 XC70: The kart trailer hauler
MattSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Canada