The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Silicon Valley Lunch Meet

112K views 1K replies 83 participants last post by  Crisandres 
#1 · (Edited)
The next lunch meet will be on Friday 9/13 at 12:00pm. We will meet at Star Cafe (2001 Gateway Pl Ste 151 E, San Jose, CA 95110). Personally I liked the Star Cafe from last week's meetup, but you guys want to try something different, let me know...always open.

Had lunch last Friday and the parking was quite free. Hopefully this is the case for every Friday.

Our first lunch meet was today at 12:00pm. Thank you all for attending:

sleekgt
t955152
xvdarkyvx +1 (friend) :)
IamBatman
JonS

Pics from 8/9/13 meet:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Would it be too short of a notice if I created a lunch meet for this Friday 8/16. Who would go? Rush is between 12-1pm..so either 11:30am or 12:45pm..different place: Pho Nam in Milpitas (don't have any clue how crowded it gets at this location. Either way I can stay later.
Address: 41 Serra Way, Milpitas, CA 95035

It be nice with some company. I might be out of town next week (its still in consideration). Let me know who can make it. Thanks. Yes I know..really short notice. Be spontaneous.

Also I thought about your ideas of having an after work get together..and with the summer days being longer..sounds like a great idea. Thinking of a weeknight (maybe a Thursday or a Wednesday) around 6:30pm-7:00pm. Since most of you are coming from San Jose..maybe McCarthy Ranch or Ranch 99 or the Great Mall? Suggestions? Santana Row sounds good too (for midpoint between Sunnyvale and San Jose).

#10 ·
It looks like maybe this spontaneous meet tomorrow isn't happening, but I'd love to crash next time you guys have a lunch.

I'm just starting my search for an Elise, so it'd be really cool to get to know some local Lotus guys (figuring it might be a while before I find the right car, since I'm buying used).

#11 ·
So anyway, since I know most of you aren't going and one person didn't respond to my pm's yet..or may not..that's ok. I'll still go. Spontaneous lunch meet for 1 ..haha..all good. I'll be at that Pho Nam at 12:45pm to avoid the rush.

Just heard late last night, that the "out of town" trip next week has been cancelled. So I'm thinking would you guys be free next Friday then. I don't know a place yet, but let's make it at 12:00pm. Personally, I like Thursday's more then Fridays..just because Fridays ..people tend to take off and go on a 3-day weekend trip somewhere..but Thursdays, people can be more free.

So next lunch meet: either Thursday or Friday 8/22 or 8/23 at 12:00pm. Place: TBD.

#13 ·
So the next lunch will be on Thursday 8/22 at Star Cafe: 2001 Gateway Pl Ste 151 E, San Jose, CA 95110
at 12:00pm. Once again I can stay later for some of you who might come later.

Please respond with yes or no's..so I know whose going.

Last week Pho for 1..was yummy. :p.

I'll edit the first post to add in this lunch meet.

#14 ·
>I also thought and this might be cheesy..that since we are so close to the airport, maybe after lunch we can do a small drive through the airport and let people gawk at our cars as we pass through the departure terminals..then maybe stop at some parking lot to the side and take a group picture. I remember there is a parking lot that allows cars to stop for 30min for free right next to the baggage claim area of Southwest's airlines (I believe its Terminal B).

I like cheese! And I like to video record it too :p

Will check my calendar; pretty sure I can make it.

However, are you thinking of the old cell phone waiting area? That no longer exists near Terminal B (it was relocated to Airport Blvd across from the eBay building). I can do a drive by and confirm since it's nearby my work.

#16 ·
There is a parking lot next to the Southwest baggage claim that cost money, but the first 30min is free. Whenever my wife picked me up from the airport, that's where she would park. So hopefully as long as we go in and get out within 30minutes we should be fine.

#24 ·
It has come to my attention that some thought the lunch is suppose to be this Friday. Although we had our lunch today, I will go to lunch again tomorrow at the same time. I'll edit the 1st post to reflect tomorrow's date. Same place. Parking was ok today, hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

#26 · (Edited)
Next meetup will be on 9/13 Friday at 12:00pm. Do not know where yet. Personally I liked the atmosphere at Star Cafe..and we still haven't tried taking pictures at the San Jose Airport...something I'm still interested in trying. Just need at least 3 cars.
Would like an approximate head count by the end of the week and if not the Star Cafe..recommendations..Eddie gave a several good ones..but parking might be tight.

During the Thursday meet, the parking was pretty tight, but Friday was like everyone on vacation day and parking was quite open and generous. So its a hit or miss with Star Cafe.