Lotus club of Portland? Portland owners? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lotus club of Portland? Portland owners?

So is there a Lotus club for Portland? I'm relocating at the first of the next year to vancouver. Was wondering if you guys meet up etc..Also plan on going to PIR.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
So is there a Lotus club for Portland? I'm relocating at the first of the next year to vancouver. Was wondering if you guys meet up etc..Also plan on going to PIR.
yes, and it's a very active club even, with a solid core of members! start here:

Club Lotus Northwest | Serving Southwest Washington and Oregon

.. although it's not quite up to date right now. be sure to sign up for the email list, since that's the primary method of communication (aside from the meetings).

we meet every couple weeks on tuesday, at various brewpubs in the area (last one was at lucky labrador in NW portland), and usually a special event every quarter. a couple PIR track days, too.
boardkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardkat View Post
yes, and it's a very active club even, with a solid core of members! start here:

Club Lotus Northwest | Serving Southwest Washington and Oregon

.. although it's not quite up to date right now. be sure to sign up for the email list, since that's the primary method of communication (aside from the meetings).

we meet every couple weeks on tuesday, at various brewpubs in the area (last one was at lucky labrador in NW portland), and usually a special event every quarter. a couple PIR track days, too.
Thanks, applied for emails.
Do you guys have a cars and coffee meet you attend? I was a member of exotics at rtc but it's to far of a drive to Redmond from Vancouver now for it to be an every sunny day weekend thing. I'll make two trips or three up there next year and stay at a friends.
Btw I'm moving January next year.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have not been very active but I am also a CLNW member. There are two cars and coffees in the area, both on Saturday. One meets in Tigard behind starbucks off Carmen drive and the other meets at the mall by the airport called cascade station.

The cars and coffee in Tigard is more high end exotics but a smaller meet, the one at the mall is much larger but mostly tuner cars both domestic(mustangs Cameros etc) and foreign(Honda Acura etc)

I am Travis, hopefully I will see you at an upcoming CLNW meeting, most active members have older lotus cars, we need more Elige cars.
2014 Ram 1500 Limited - Tow Vehicle
Korntera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korntera View Post
I have not been very active but I am also a CLNW member. There are two cars and coffees in the area, both on Saturday. One meets in Tigard behind starbucks off Carmen drive and the other meets at the mall by the airport called cascade station.

The cars and coffee in Tigard is more high end exotics but a smaller meet, the one at the mall is much larger but mostly tuner cars both domestic(mustangs Cameros etc) and foreign(Honda Acura etc)

I am Travis, hopefully I will see you at an upcoming CLNW meeting, most active members have older lotus cars, we need more Elige cars.
Thanks for the info. Does the lotus club show up at Tigard or the mall one?

How many members in the club?

I'm relocating torwards end of January, looking for place to live in Vancouver right now.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Signed up for the lotus club and never got any emails....is the club dead.

Do we have active lotus owners in Vancouver?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Abe
Elise Guru

I'm a fan of any Lotus club whether competition or not and Lotus of Portland is a good Club to join
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Signed up for the lotus club and never got any emails....is the club dead.

Do we have active lotus owners in Vancouver?
You're more than welcome to just show up to the membership meeting on 8 January, 630PM at the Horse Brass pub. You can harass them about their emailing skills there!

Horse Brass Pub: If it were any more authentic, you'd need a passport!
Exigenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah sorry about the e-mails our club is not very technology forward, hence why I am the only member that shows up to most meetings on here and even I don't post a lot. I am dying to see your 260, maybe you can take me for a ride sometime when the weather is nicer? There are a few lotus owners in vancouver, one 2-11 owner shows up pretty regularly.
As posted our next meeting is at the horsebrass pub this tuesday at 6:30 not only is it a great place for food and beer, but its very british. It might just take a while for them to OK you on the e-mail list before you start receiving them.

If you don't come down til end of january i will try and remember to post up the events list for january and february when i get back to the office and can look at the e-mail again.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigenesis View Post
You're more than welcome to just show up to the membership meeting on 8 January, 630PM at the Horse Brass pub. You can harass them about their emailing skills there!

Have i met you at the meetings before? I don't remember any 240's showing up.

-Travis Laser Blue Elise and Porsche Cayenne S
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just a little bump, I hope to see some new faces tonight 6:30PM at the Horse Brass pub on 45th and belmont.

And Snake Eyes since you posted about the cars and coffee... nobody from the Club Lotus Northwest shows up, except ttime4four, but he just sold his and I occasionaly show up.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

I won't be at lotus club tonight. I don't move to Vancouver until end of this month. I want to make the next meeting in feb for sure.

Rides in the s260 sure! .

Also would like to travel to cars and coffee with other lotus drivers.

Last edited by Snake Eyes; 01-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

It was nice to meet you and I am glad you were able to come out, hopefully we will see you at more of these things and maybe a track day or two.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Have i met you at the meetings before? I don't remember any 240's showing up.

-Travis Laser Blue Elise and Porsche Cayenne S
I don't think so, I only went to one meeting a couple years ago (a barbecue at Skyline Tavern) when I had my Elise. I'll make attending more meetings part of this year's resolution!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Just a little bump, I hope to see some new faces tonight 6:30PM at the Horse Brass pub on 45th and belmont.

And Snake Eyes since you posted about the cars and coffee... nobody from the Club Lotus Northwest shows up, except ttime4four, but he just sold his and I occasionaly show up.
I infrequently attend the C&C, but would probably go more often if more Lotus owners showed up... Snake Eyes, your 260 would be a great addition to the group! I look forward to crossing paths someday.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

One of my few days Im not working..........

Unfortinately lotus week events conflict with my work schedule..

I will be taking my lotus to TIGARD cars and coffee tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join.

Cascade cars and coffee seems to be more japanese imports and old domestics.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Lotus club of Portland? Portland owners?

I'm going to be relocating to Portland in early May. I'm coming from North Carolina, and I drive a 2005 LRG Elise SC. I look forward to looking you guys up when I get there!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
MCdougieFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
One of my few days Im not working..........

Unfortinately lotus week events conflict with my work schedule..

I will be taking my lotus to TIGARD cars and coffee tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join.

Cascade cars and coffee seems to be more japanese imports and old domestics.
After 3 months of sitting in the garage with a dead battery I drove my Elise again today, I was just debating about going to Tigard C&C tomorrow, I guess this means I should try and show up... Setting the alarm now, I will try and be there by 9 since I hate waking up early and I think it starts at 8.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think so, I only went to one meeting a couple years ago (a barbecue at Skyline Tavern) when I had my Elise. I'll make attending more meetings part of this year's resolution!
Oops, it was another new face then that had an Exige and lived in Beaverton and said he came because of this thread lol. Say hi if you see me, I am Travis, the only one under 40 taht shows up but I have had some medical issues recently and have not been going to most meetings like I normally do.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Travis thanks for coming out in your lotus. Gorgeous day at tigard!! I'm going to keep going every Saturday it's warm and sunny. I will be showing up much earlier next weekend.

I will be gone from 27th march until April 7th though so just taking that into account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region