Lotus Oil Line Recall Lotus of Bellevue (PPL) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lotus Oil Line Recall Lotus of Bellevue (PPL)

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101...recall-107511/

Has anybody worked with Park Place Ltd (Lotus of Bellevue) to get their oil line recall setup/installed? I was just wondering how responsive they have been.

Since I just bought my car I was not on the mailing list for the recall, but I emailed Ron and he just told me to wait a week to let Lotus get all the parts out and then work with my local dealer.
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLGTNS View Post
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101...recall-107511/

Has anybody worked with Park Place Ltd (Lotus of Bellevue) to get their oil line recall setup/installed? I was just wondering how responsive they have been.

Since I just bought my car I was not on the mailing list for the recall, but I emailed Ron and he just told me to wait a week to let Lotus get all the parts out and then work with my local dealer.
Waiting for my letter. Can't do anything until then.
Life Lesson #1: If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Life Lesson #2: It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow.

Last edited by me73; 01-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
me73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yea just wondering if they are set up for this recall? And has anybody done this recall using park place LTD (was about to start a thread but ya beat me to it!). Just wondering how long pp will keep the car to complete it.

06 AW Exige with sc kit
2012 Fuji white Range Rover Evoque
2013 Audi A7 3.0t prestige daytona pearl gray
s2kjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Looks like Lotus only is quoting 4 hours for the Oil Line Recall labor and like 15-30 min for the ECU re-flash (VIN number update for emissions).

I would bet that they would shove this work to the back of the queue.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLGTNS View Post
Looks like Lotus only is quoting 4 hours for the Oil Line Recall labor and like 15-30 min for the ECU re-flash (VIN number update for emissions).

I would bet that they would shove this work to the back of the queue.
just wondering about that flash. I got an ecu flash that came with my sc kit just wondering if i have to do that vin recall also?!?! Dont want it to effect performance of my sc kit. If they can delete the vin info doing a re-flash this doesnt really give me confidence in another flash that would make me potentially lose performance. I have already done my first emissions testing and did fine!

06 AW Exige with sc kit
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Less is Better

I got my letters and called in. It sounds like PP can handle one recall job a day. I scheduled out in March since the car won't be coming out of the garage until then.
Life Lesson #1: If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Life Lesson #2: It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow.
me73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

recall

Since Lotus of Durham is no longer called Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, NC. A Mr Scott was to call me back and has not as of this date. Will try again next week.
I also have an updated Supercharged car and had the ECU flash for the Supercharger and will advise them of this so car performance is not messed with whenever I can reach Mr Scott who is handling this recall.
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WITH YOUR ECU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutdr View Post
Since Lotus of Durham is no longer called Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, NC. A Mr Scott was to call me back and has not as of this date. Will try again next week.
I also have an updated Supercharged car and had the ECU flash for the Supercharger and will advise them of this so car performance is not messed with whenever I can reach Mr Scott who is handling this recall.
I can't stress this enough: not only do you need to speak to the service manager, but you need to talk directly to any tech that might touch your car. You know how communication gets dropped, especially in a busy garage. If they reflash your ECU, there is no way your tune for your supercharger will still be there. I bought a yellow piece of plastic on ebay that I plugged into my ODB-II port under the dash that clearly says "Don't Reflash--I have a tune" or something like that. Better yet, get a huge piece of paper that says "Don't reflash" and duct tape it to the port making it obvious that you don't want the reflash for the recall. I already foresee someone's Katana or VF supercharger flash getting erased because of this recall.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have already smog tested via ecu 2 years ago and it passed. Does this mean that my exige hasnt been efffected. When they plugged it in i saw on the compuer that it was a lotus exige and has been acknowledged as a lotus. Really dont want to get the reflsh since i will keep the car and really dont plan on selling it.

06 AW Exige with sc kit
Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Elisein2005 how do you like ur bmw 1 m. Love that car been trying to find one but its hard.

06 AW Exige with sc kit
Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kjoe View Post
Elisein2005 how do you like ur bmw 1 m. Love that car been trying to find one but its hard.
I love the car. I sold my E46 M3 for it, and couldn't be happier. Tons of torque with the turbos make daily driving a lot of fun.

Here's one coming up for sale soon:
BMW 1M available at Freehold BMW in NJ - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Hang out at the 1addicts site and you will eventually find one. Just watch out for the 8 cars that just got released from the Performance Driving Center. Driven hard and put away wet.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisein2005 View Post
I love the car. I sold my E46 M3 for it, and couldn't be happier. Tons of torque with the turbos make daily driving a lot of fun.

Here's one coming up for sale soon:
BMW 1M available at Freehold BMW in NJ - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Hang out at the 1addicts site and you will eventually find one. Just watch out for the 8 cars that just got released from the Performance Driving Center. Driven hard and put away wet.
Nice, ideally i want a white one. Just wondering when you are gonna to do the oil cooler lines if you havent already done so.

06 AW Exige with sc kit
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Unhappy Oil line blew tonight, Park Place is repairing in March

So my oil cooler line blew on my 2005 Lotus Elise tonight

I was the 3rd car in line at a red light and started accelerating, once I got out into the intersection the car started to burn out and lose traction. I have read quite a few oil line failure threads on here and instantly I knew it was a blown line, I saw my oil light blink on right when I killed the ignition.
I coasted into a nearby parking lot and called a tow and Park Place. The service manager said they would be able to get my car in on March 6th in the morning and I could pick up my car that night. Im very anxious to have this fixed because the Lotus is my daily driver.
I have my fingers crossed that I shut the engine off in time to avoid damage. I honestly dont think I could have shut it off any quicker though, hopefully my quick reaction saved the engine.

I have pictures in the parking lot with the puddle underneath the front clam and a picture my Elise on the tow truck. I will be inspecting the front end later tonight and can post pictures of the damage if you guys are interested.

Right now my Elise is covered in oil and needs to be cleaned
EliseRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Carbon Fiber

Lotus Oil Line Recall Lotus of Bellevue (PPL)

Engine should be fine'

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
FistHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hoping so, I have read a few stories on here that involved engine failure but they might have not been aware for a while that there was a leak. I am pretty sure I shut it down within a second of the leak happening.
I have inspected the upper hose that is visible inside my fender well after removing the driver side front wheel. This hose and fitting appear to be OK. The leak seems to be coming from the lower side of my oil cooler...I can see the leak if I look through my lower grill.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Park Place finished mine last week and turned it around the same day. No problems at all, and my ECU appears to be untouched, per instructions. Apparently, a good portion of the fittings are seized into the oil coolers, so those cars are getting new ones as well.
MotoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Same here, had mine done about a week ago. In and out in under 5 hours. They have a nice waiting area (ie eye candy with a lot of nice cars to look at), but there are also several little eateries within walking distance.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

I keep seeing threads about the lines failing. Does not inspire confidence in me driving my car before I get it fixed.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Glad to hear it was an easy fix for those of you that have already been to Park Place for the recall service. I have been to Park Place a few times to look at several vehicles. This will be my first time using their service department but they seemed very friendly over the phone.

I will most likely just hang around while they fix my Lotus since Corvus13 said it was only a 5 hour job. They told me it would be in and out in the same day but I assumed it would take longer than 5 hours. Thats faster than I expected

I have my recall letter so all expenses should be covered correct? Is there anything you guys recommend having done while getting these recalls serviced? Are there any other expenses that Lotus doesn't cover with the recall like the price of replacement oil?

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

From what I have read Lotus covers the small amount of oil that is lost. I have even read threads of local Lotus dealers providing a rental car free of charge.

Since the front clam needs to come off some people are upgrading the radiator. While I struggled to find if this is a common failure it seams the radiator replacement and fan relocation takes much more time.

Others that have failed resistor packs are fixing those, but again it takes longer to to get to the pack so expect more hourly wage if you need that.

I am scheduled for the 20th and agree that over the phone they seam very nice. It took all of about 30 seconds to schedule my service. I could have gotten it in sooner if I was willing to wait a few days while it is in the shop, but if I wanted an in-and-out service I needed to push it a few weeks. Since I got the car in January and have done little service of my own to it so I am hoping I can see how the front clam comes off by the pros.
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region