End of the year run (November) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Preferred day
Friday 11/9 2 33.33%
Saturday 11/10 2 33.33%
Either works 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

End of the year run (November)

I figured I'd try my hand at event planning and volunteered to put together the last NEMOLL drive. This will be for Lotus Limited members only.

I'm working out a route, but this will more than likely be a northern run, I just like the roads up north too much. I'm proposing this for the weekend of the 10th of november, however in the past we've had some successful friday events. I'm all for another, but let me know if friday or saturday works best and we'll pick whichever can accommodate most people.

Once i have a route and final details I'll post them here.
Cegan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ok, so October is over and I have small amounts of free time back, so lets bump this again.

Since there has been little (no) interest shown, Dad and I decided on friday. If you want to join us feel free. I'll get the route ironed out by tomorrow night, but we'll probably be meeting early in the morning and planning to be back by dinner at the latest.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Can't make it. Damn!
'05 Elise #557, CO, Touring & Sport pack, both tops, B&M short shift, itg Maxogen intake, Racing harness bar, RTD2 brace, Fire Extinguisher, CF console, Battery extender, Lidbone, Bootie
'61 Land Rover Series II 109 3 door--sold
'66 TR-4A IRS--sold
'71 Porsche 914/4--sold
Noelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Friday

Chris,

I am going to try and make this drive. Will you be including Hurricane Mountain Road in the route this year?

Dave
06' STi Elise, LSS, LSD-TC, Touring, Hard Top, Star Shield, Katana SC, HIDs and Manly's motor mounts, Newman's Climate Controls, BHL Raptor Ehaust. No More Larini SE w/Euro grills = No More P0171 Codes.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Possibly. I need to spend an hour finishing routes tonight. I'm torn between a white mountains area drive, or a VT drive. I like both areas. Either way we'll have a route posted tonight.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Brakes are starting to die down. Won't be getting new ones till next spring/summer. Have fun though!

"I am going to finish what I have started"
"I don't want revenge, I want justice."
"You kill innocent people. Sometimes murder is justice."
LotusSG2057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
KCZ

Weather looks iffy. It snowed here (Upper Valley area) this morning, and the forecast is snow, sleet, and freezing rain for Thursday night. You may want to rethink the route.
2011 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
KCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Weather looks iffy. It snowed here (Upper Valley area) this morning, and the forecast is snow, sleet, and freezing rain for Thursday night. You may want to rethink the route.
Already on it. I'm making two. One for up that way in case the weather plays nice. One down this way if it doesn't. Should have them up tonight.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Vermont, too, as far south as Manchester.

I'm planning on going at this point if work doesn't get in the way.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

OK, so based on the weather it's not looking like north is wise. The forecast is much less friendly looking that it was earlier.

So, I have two routes along the same lines. Really depends on how far south the weather reaches. Mt Greylock is unfortunately closed, otherwise i'd have included that.
"Northern"

"Southern"

I figure Ayer is a decent place to start, there is a dunkin donuts we can meet at. Meet early, and have late lunch in the Worcester area at the end. I am more than open to suggestions for route improvements, I'm not overly familiar with the western MA roads.

Restaurant suggestions welcome from the food experts for lunch.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Chris,

I am up for either route. Is it a definite we will go on Friday providing there is not snow/salt on the roads? What time of the morning do you plan on meeting in Ayer?

Dave
06' STi Elise, LSS, LSD-TC, Touring, Hard Top, Star Shield, Katana SC, HIDs and Manly's motor mounts, Newman's Climate Controls, BHL Raptor Ehaust. No More Larini SE w/Euro grills = No More P0171 Codes.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

Purrsia will be going as well, she's just having some trouble getting online.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm going to keep watching what the weather does. If it looks like western mass will be salting i'll try and change the route accordingly.

I was thinking meet around 7? Does that work with everyone?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

I cannot go because I've put my car away for the winter and I am no longer a member of Lotus Ltd.

I will help by letting you know what the weather is out here in the Berkshires. Tomorrow they are forecasting a mix of snow/sleet & rain, chances are they will salt the roads in high elevation areas.

Last edited by Type82; 11-07-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Type82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

It's snowing here in the Berkshires, about 3 inches already and coming down steady. I'm sure the plow trucks will be out soon if this stuff keeps up.
They are calling for snow tomorrow as well.
Type82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

SNOW!

3+ inches of wet heavy snow in my drive way at 5:00AM this morning. I am east of 93 in southern NH and it is still coming down. The roads have also been salted. Unless it turns to rain today and magically washes everything away, I am going to have to back out on tomorrow's run. Chris, you live over in the route 3 area right? How is it looking over your way?

Dave
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

We had less than an inch of snow then rain. raining pretty good right now.

I will keep watching things and we'll get a final plan tonight after i'm home from work.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Alright, so here's what i'm thinking. The weather is supposed to blow out tonight and make tomorrow a decent day, but that isn't a ton of time to let everything dry and clear up. Sunday is supposed to be decent.

Dad and I are a little not right in the head, and we're fine with going tomorrow. Wouldn't be the first season ender drive we've done where we found snow and freshly salted roads.

We can't do saturday, but sunday is an option. So, would people like to just move forward with going tomorrow and i'll try and find a route that avoids out west but still provides some fun roads? Or would more people be ok with sunday?

I am out tonight from around 7-10:30, so i'll check in then to see what everyone is thinking. For right now lets assume we're still on for tomorrow unless the overwhelming responce is wait. Meeting time is 7am in Ayer at the dunkin donuts.
16 Park Street
Ayer, MA 01432
Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Can't do tomorrow regardless of weather.

Sunday is a possibility.
Pengineer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

I am still in. It is raining here in Maynard, and it looks like they didn't salt this area last night. See you at 0700.
purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northeast Region