2013 will be the first full year with NEMOLL as an official chapter of Lotus Limited. I'm expecting it to be a busy year for both members and non-members as we integrate a number of activities.
For those of you who don't know, NEMOLL represents New England Members of Lotus Ltd. I started to think more about what area we really cover. Apart from the obvious membership details noted on the NEMOLL site, NEMOLL does not actually cover all of New England. I thought back to the many trips we've taken over the last 8 years and was surprised at just how much ground we do cover between metro-NYC and northern New England.
The following link highlight's a route that roughly encompasses the NEMOLL range. I can easily name a couple dozen places near the perimeter of this route that have been stops on past outings. I expect we'll be near the edges of this envelope several times in 2013.
Larz Anderson Park to Richardson's Ice Cream - Google Maps
The web site is a work in progress but nonetheless online at https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/home
The calendar will be kept current at https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/events
Our next meet will be a "pining for our Lotus" gathering in February to plan for the 2013 season. Please send me as much input as you can beforehand.
Plans for next season include:
* Updating the calendar with all relevant events for 2013 in New England, including car shows and cars/coffee meets that are popular with owners.
* Establishing a regular, local NEMOLL pit stop in the Boston metro-west area. (Probably monthly.)
1) Bass Pro
2) YR C&C
3) AMNE C&C
* Monthly (at least 6) drives in rural parts of New England.
1) Hurricane Mountain Road (e.g. Coast to Conway -- Kittery to Moat Mountain or Bray's)
2) Caravan to British by the Sea (e.g., annual Worcester area breakfast and drive)
3) Vermont Run (e.g. Polly's loop)
4) Berkshire Run (e.g. Chris Egan's loop)
5) RI/CT Run (e.g. Glastonbury and Point Judith runs)
6) LOG33: NEMOLL Planning 2013
* 2 or 3 "tech" sessions or local events.
1) Window tinting day in the spring.
2) Dyno, fiberglass repairs, common problems inspections, etc. may also be in the works.
3) Factory Five
* Owner participation
1) Getting members more involved with event planning. This is already off to a great start.
2) Finding ways to include owners further away from metro Boston, especially RI/CT, western MA, VT, northern NH, and ME.
* Overnight trips?
1) Snow Village Inn, Dixville, etc.