NEMOLL Planning 2013 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

NEMOLL Planning 2013

2013 will be the first full year with NEMOLL as an official chapter of Lotus Limited. I'm expecting it to be a busy year for both members and non-members as we integrate a number of activities.

For those of you who don't know, NEMOLL represents New England Members of Lotus Ltd. I started to think more about what area we really cover. Apart from the obvious membership details noted on the NEMOLL site, NEMOLL does not actually cover all of New England. I thought back to the many trips we've taken over the last 8 years and was surprised at just how much ground we do cover between metro-NYC and northern New England.

The following link highlight's a route that roughly encompasses the NEMOLL range. I can easily name a couple dozen places near the perimeter of this route that have been stops on past outings. I expect we'll be near the edges of this envelope several times in 2013.

Larz Anderson Park to Richardson's Ice Cream - Google Maps

The web site is a work in progress but nonetheless online at https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/home

The calendar will be kept current at https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/events
Our next meet will be a "pining for our Lotus" gathering in February to plan for the 2013 season. Please send me as much input as you can beforehand.

Plans for next season include:
* Updating the calendar with all relevant events for 2013 in New England, including car shows and cars/coffee meets that are popular with owners.

* Establishing a regular, local NEMOLL pit stop in the Boston metro-west area. (Probably monthly.)
1) Bass Pro
2) YR C&C
3) AMNE C&C

* Monthly (at least 6) drives in rural parts of New England.
1) Hurricane Mountain Road (e.g. Coast to Conway -- Kittery to Moat Mountain or Bray's)
2) Caravan to British by the Sea (e.g., annual Worcester area breakfast and drive)
3) Vermont Run (e.g. Polly's loop)
4) Berkshire Run (e.g. Chris Egan's loop)
5) RI/CT Run (e.g. Glastonbury and Point Judith runs)
6) LOG33: NEMOLL Planning 2013

* 2 or 3 "tech" sessions or local events.
1) Window tinting day in the spring.
2) Dyno, fiberglass repairs, common problems inspections, etc. may also be in the works.
3) Factory Five

* Owner participation
1) Getting members more involved with event planning. This is already off to a great start.
2) Finding ways to include owners further away from metro Boston, especially RI/CT, western MA, VT, northern NH, and ME.

* Overnight trips?
1) Snow Village Inn, Dixville, etc.
2) Montreal?

Last edited by Keeper; 02-16-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds great. Looking forward to signing up for 2013! I know that you had previously had a tentatively scheduled trip to Factory Five. If you didn't make it down, I'd vote for that in the spring and we could easily draw owners from Ct. and RI.

Summer trip to Kittery, Maine? Park at the Kittery trading post and grab some delicious seafood at Bob's ClamHut, http://www.bobsclamhut.com/home.htmthen stroll around the outlets.

Trip to North Conway/Mt. Washington? Komiko where are you? Lol.
I've stayed at a very nice Inn on several occasions that is just a couple of miles from the Kancamagus Highway. Beautiful views of the Presidential Range. http://www.snowvillageinn.com/

Trip to South Deerfield to the Yankee Candle Factory? Beautiful ride with amazing views.

Possible trip to Montreal? That would include NH, Me., Vt., Ma. , Ct., RI, and NY.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Wrangler Sahara. 3" suspension lift, 1" body lift, 33" tires. 6 pt. harness child seats with head and neck protection. Fun in the mud
LotusCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Shawn,

Looking forward to next season's events.

I've got a couple of little loop trips mapped in the RI/CT border area that I'll hopefully get to scout before next spring. Also a drive to Newport with a visit to a mansion might be cool.

Maybe next year's Larz day we can have a dedicated Lotus area like some other marques have. We've got a member who will volunteer a folding canopy so we can stay out of the sun. (just need a way to get it there).

Please advise on the planning meetings. I'd love to participate.

Noel
'05 Elise #557, CO, Touring & Sport pack, both tops, B&M short shift, itg Maxogen intake, Racing harness bar, RTD2 brace, Fire Extinguisher, CF console, Battery extender, Lidbone, Bootie
'61 Land Rover Series II 109 3 door--sold
'66 TR-4A IRS--sold
'71 Porsche 914/4--sold
Noelsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shawn,
In the begining of the post you mentioned members and 'non-members'. Do you have to be a member of Lotus LTD. to attend a NEMOLL event?
Are you going to plan a lunch event in the spring as last year? Perhaps the date could be set late April early May and I could drive my car.

Cheers,
Robert
Type82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type82 View Post
Shawn,
In the begining of the post you mentioned members and 'non-members'. Do you have to be a member of Lotus LTD. to attend a NEMOLL event?
Are you going to plan a lunch event in the spring as last year? Perhaps the date could be set late April early May and I could drive my car.

Cheers,
Robert
I'm all for getting everyone together at the end of April. Since you suggested it, how does the Worcester area work for you?

As long as we're meeting at a restaurant and not planning a group drive, then I'll send the invite to non-members as well.

Our next meeting in February will be near or at BBC Westford and will be open to everyone as well.

The calendar has been updated with Bass Pro car shows which are open to the public and I expect will continue to be popular with Lotus owners.

https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/events
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Happily, I'm gonna be in LA in Feb but unhappily, will miss the meeting.

Noel
'05 Elise #557, CO, Touring & Sport pack, both tops, B&M short shift, itg Maxogen intake, Racing harness bar, RTD2 brace, Fire Extinguisher, CF console, Battery extender, Lidbone, Bootie
'66 TR-4A IRS--sold
'71 Porsche 914/4--sold
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'll do my best to be at the planning meeting, whenever that is scheduled. Looking forward to this year.

I do need to renew my memberships. Lotus Ltd ended at the start of winter.
Cegan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

You may have missed the first NEMOLL article to appear in ReMarque.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

damn. Guess i'll just have to steal dads and read it.
Cegan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
You may have missed the first NEMOLL article to appear in ReMarque.
Do you have the ReMarque with that article?
Jeff Torrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

I do.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

That means I have to renew my membership
Jeff Torrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

I know it's early but any plans for log33 at Watkins Glen? I just read about this in my Lotus mag. Group run out there? I'm hoping that we can make it.

thanks,

e
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Got my hotel rez already!

I'm in. Spoken to a few local Elise peeps and they are interested in going. It's a long trip but I'm sure we can work out some kind of drive plan.

Noel
'66 TR-4A IRS--sold
'71 Porsche 914/4--sold
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

I updated the first post with feedback. We have plenty to work with for this year. If there's anything on the list you'd be willing to coordinate, let me know.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

hotel set for log33

I'm in.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

You probably all know or have seen my thread about CnC this upcoming Saturday. I thought i should mention it here too to see if this will help at all. Also, my friend reminded me of the first Bass Pro Car Show of this season at Foxboro (off of Route 1) next Thursday. I would have forgotten if he didn't remind me lol. I don't think I will make it next Thursday, but I will see if i can.

Lotus still won't be out in time. I first need to find out how busy AMNE is for the recalls on my Elise.

"I am going to finish what I have started"
"I don't want revenge, I want justice."
"You kill innocent people. Sometimes murder is justice."
LotusSG2057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Probably Lurking

They are both in the calendar. I'm planning on sending an email for April events to the mailing list tonight but have a number of things to do first.
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northeast Region