The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

2014 Holy Hill drive - Rescheduled for October 19th

13K views 173 replies 26 participants last post by  eclipse19 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

We're going to do the Holy Hill drive this year on Sunday September 21st. We'll follow a similar route to past years, but this year we're going to start at the new Cars 'n Coffee in Waukesha. CnC runs from 7:30-10:30, so we'll plan on meeting there and leaving at 10:30. The route runs through the Holy Hill and Kettle Morraine areas ending in downtown Elkhart Lake for a late lunch.

Post here if you'll be able to make it so that we can keep in touch with everyone. We can form some caravans up to the CnC start point based on where everyone is coming from.

Note that your non-Lotus friends are welcomed to join us as long as you trust them not to run into the back of one us in a braking zone. We are starting from a public car show, but we don't want this to turn into a free for all mess.

Also, we had a bit of trouble keeping the group together last year. This was mainly because not everyone came to the informal driver's meeting before we headed out. The most important point is to be sure to get in the initial lineup as we leave and remember that everyone is responsible for making sure that the guy behind them sees each turn. That way the group never gets disconnected. We'll find a good way to get the group into line as we head out.

Everyone pray for nice weather and we'll see you there!

:shift:

See less See more
#5 ·
- JWA (Josh, Exige)
- tesprit (Dan, ?)
- Thomasio (Thomas, 914)
- ShadowWulf369 (Mike, Evora)
- driftwood (Mat, Elise)
- afex (Kris, Elise)

#7 ·
did you tell them it's a combination CnC *AND* a drive after?! surely they can move the date...

#10 ·
- JWA (Josh, Exige)

- tesprit (Dan, ?)

- Thomasio (Thomas, 914)

- driftwood (Mat, Elise)

- afex (Kris, Elise)

- notuchngrl (Kim, Elise)

- Swinglo (Jeff, Elise)

Kim - we can caravan up there.

Gang - should we line up that aerial drone photography? Might be really cool for it. Let me know of the best spot for them to film (twisties, etc).

#19 ·
- JWA (Josh, Exige)
- tesprit (Dan, ?)
- Thomasio (Thomas, 914)
- driftwood (Mat, Elise)
- afex (Kris, Elise)
- notuchngrl (Kim, Elise)
- Swinglo (Jeff, Elise)
- mbrunner (Mark, Exige)
- ishur (Irwin, Elise)
- lil lotus (Josh & Em, Elise)

#23 ·
I DON'T mean to be a negative Nancy, but the extended forecast shows a good chance for rain at this point. Hopefully me saying that will change it to absolutely no chance of rain...

Anyway, does anyone have the exact address of where the cars and coffee is happening that's going on before the drive, as well as when that usually starts? Are all of us Lotus guys and gals meeting up before so we can park together for better Lotus packed photos? Thanks!

#25 ·
The Cars N Coffee is at:

Black Canyon Coffee
300 E Summit Ave
Wales, Wisconsin 53183

It runs from 7:30-10:30. I assume that we'll have people for the drive coming in throughout that time frame so we'll likely be split up, but we could get some groups formed before.

#31 · (Edited)
If the weather holds out, I'm barnstorming in from detroit on Saturday night for the drive. Saturday looks like I'll have to drive through the rain now, so I'm on the fence.

So. I'm requesting dinner recommendations for Saturday night. Local spot between Milwaukee and Chicago. Unique, fantastic food is preferred and could be Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins type or something less casual.

Thanks all and hope to meet everyone.

EDIT: Milwaukee weather is not great on Saturday, BUT Chicago weather is fine. So if I time the drive right, I should be good. I'm going to say I'm about 85% committed unless the weather drastically changes....

#32 ·
I'm hoping to be able to attend, but it is still unlikely. There is still a chance that the wedding is such a flop that I could maybe get back from Madison in time... But it's unlikely.

Why do you guys always choose such terrible dates?

If the weather holds out, I'm barnstorming in from detroit on Saturday night for the drive. Saturday looks like I'll have to drive through the rain now, so I'm on the fence.

So. I'm requesting dinner recommendations for Saturday night. Local spot between Milwaukee and Chicago. Unique, fantastic food is preferred and could be Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins type or something less casual.

Thanks all and hope to meet everyone.
You could try "Oh Dennis!". They are in Racine and have great ribs! The only issue is that it is probably 15-25 min off the interstate and I don't remember what their parking is like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.