New Exige owner. Northwest burbs - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeispower View Post
Hey all, just took delivery of a 2006 exige. Purchased from a hell of a guy down in Texas.
Thanks Casey. I was missing her today. It was sunny and 70 and not enough time to get to the track to take the Atom out...

Looks like you are already finding out what a great community LT is!

2011 QS Evora
2011 Ariel Spec Racer Atom
2006 SB Exige - Sold
2005 AS Elise - Sold
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 3.5" AEV Lift and 34s - Daily Driver
5qf3764b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
Join us for our upcoming autoX competition this season! Guaranteed to be filled with constant laughter and fast cars. You can witness my epic skills of plowing cones like there is no tomorrow.
And my uncanny ability to over drive and power slide with great vengence while going about 5mph in forward speed

Last edited by cashxdr; 02-10-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
cashxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooter View Post
Join us for our upcoming autoX competition this season! Guaranteed to be filled with constant laughter and fast cars. You can witness my epic skills of plowing cones like there is no tomorrow.
when you say "our autox competition"....do you mean a lotus specific competition, or just the upcoming 2013 auto x season? if specific to lotus, any details??? If general auto-x - then you will see me there often
Knowledgeispower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5qf3764b View Post
Thanks Casey. I was missing her today. It was sunny and 70 and not enough time to get to the track to take the Atom out...

Thanks Jeff - the LT community has been great! although, I must admit I am not used to the slow forum activity compared to other forums I frequent. However, it is understandable given the absolute number of people who can contribute based on low production numbers....

Whenever you're in town give me a call and you can take her for a spin!

BTW... my goal over the next 2 weeks is to hardwire the V1, wideband, oil temp, oil pressure gauges (i see there is a fuse box right in the passenger footwell!!!). Monkey wrench gauge pod is en route..... i am hoping i can follow the wideband wiring up to the cockpit, I just haven't gotten under the car yet.

I may do a detailed writeup on everything, seeing as how I didn't find anything on the forum when searching.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #25 (permalink)

Not Lotus specific autox's, just general autox. Different clubs have one every weekend it seems
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeispower View Post
Thanks Jeff - the LT community has been great! although, I must admit I am not used to the slow forum activity compared to other forums I frequent. However, it is understandable given the absolute number of people who can contribute based on low production numbers....

Whenever you're in town give me a call and you can take her for a spin!

BTW... my goal over the next 2 weeks is to hardwire the V1, wideband, oil temp, oil pressure gauges (i see there is a fuse box right in the passenger footwell!!!). Monkey wrench gauge pod is en route..... i am hoping i can follow the wideband wiring up to the cockpit, I just haven't gotten under the car yet.

I may do a detailed writeup on everything, seeing as how I didn't find anything on the forum when searching.
Yeah, I think it's just that there just aren't that many of these cars out there.

But it's also winter - things get a lot busier when the cars come out of hibernation.
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5qf3764b View Post

Missing her when you have an Atom!?!!?
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

New Exige owner. Northwest burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
Missing her when you have an Atom!?!!?
Having been in both vehicles on the the track, that atom is insane- but the exige puts a smile on your face. And you can drive it home!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Orange

Supposed to be 42 and sunny tomorrow. Just got my car back from FVMC doing the oil line recall.

Gonna drive it tomorrow before I put it back in storage end of day!

All that rain on Sunday washed away the salt and most of the snow.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Nice! I should plan on taking a drive too. Haven't driven here in IL yet!

Do you happen to know what number you were on the FVMC list? I think when I called I was like 22 on the list. I am interested in their progress.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Took the maiden voyage tonight. Amazing. Have some clanking from front end. Odd. Will have to see if I can get it up on jackstands this weekend

Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #32 (permalink)

Started ripping everything apart.

Will be hardwiring existing wideband and V1. Along with installing oil pressure, oil temp gauges, footwell LEDs, and changing speaker grills from silver to black. Waiting on some parts and new soldering iron. No crimping for me. Everything will be done once and perfect.

Also ran 12 extra wires from the front to the rear of the car for any future needs.

Progress:
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361883236.180000.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  101.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361883255.787821.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  90.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361883290.399427.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  84.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1361883310.205343.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  118.9 KB

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #33 (permalink)

FWIW, when making connections in automobiles crimping is preferred. Soldered joints don't handle the vibrations of a vehicle as nice as a crimp.

I'll follow that up with saying that I have soldered connections before and I don't believe I've had problems, but these days I crimp everything going into a car unless its on a circuit board.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #34 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply- my experience has been the opposite. Any problems I have encountered on my vehicles or others have always been associated to crimping.

I do agree if you properly crimp and wrap you shouldn't have any issues, but it seems that crimping leaves more for user error.

At any rate, I will probably still solder and heat wrap and call it a day.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #35 (permalink)
One corner at a time

So nice to see a new owner just jump in and start ripping their car apart - there is just no other car like this is there? Had mine on the track 3 days after taking delivery and had the seats/interior out weeks later.
2006 Exige | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillet B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: Audi RS 4 | Legacy Spec.B | Volvo S60R | 350Z
rosscarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #36 (permalink)

Ross at the very least the car is much different than my past vehicles. I do like the lack of assisting parts which make the vehicle very simple.

The aero does make for some extra time And energy needed to get to the engine , but that's not a big deal.

Luckily I had the gauges laying around and knew I wanted to hardwire the other stuff, so the sooner I can get it all done the sooner I can get out there driving. After all, it's just nuts and bolts and can be put back together without to much headaches.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

Ross at the very least the car is much different than my past vehicles. I do like the lack of assisting parts which make the vehicle very simple.

The aero does make for some extra time And energy needed to get to the engine , but that's not a big deal.

Luckily I had the gauges laying around and knew I wanted to hardwire the other stuff, so the sooner I can get it all done the sooner I can get out there driving. After all, it's just nuts and bolts and can be put back together without to much headaches (I hope)

Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

I spent a couple hours wiring everything up.

Wideband
V1
Oil temp
Oil pressure
LED footwell lights & 15 sec delay relay.
USB phone charger

It all went pretty smooth. I had to extend the harnesses for the oil temp and pressure gauges, and figure out the best way to tie in the existing V1 and widenand, but it all worked out nicely.

I am waiting on my greddy sandwich adapter and bwr gauge pod to finish everything up. Then it should just be some serious cleanup and contortion to put everything back together.

Knock on wood the parts arrive between today and tomorrow so I can finish everything up this weekend.

On a side note- once the sandwich plate is installed I will be figuring out if I can still fit the 6.25" canton Mecca aluminun oil filter. If not I am still tempted to go with the 4.25" CM filter, but I don't know how the 15gpm flow rate compares to that of stock filter.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #39 (permalink)

While it is winter you might want to install the Radium clam removal kit. Then you just pulling the seats and such once. I will say that it it is incredibly handy.

But with that said, with it being a Exige you will have one less step since your hatch and out engine covers are different. I would probably call Radium and see what they say since you will just need a partial kit.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #40 (permalink)

i just looked up the clam removal kit. wow - it seems like a bargain compared to the BOE clam hinge set up. do you happen to have the removal kit? how long does it take to remove the rear clam with it?

I do have the 1/4 turn screw setup for removing the rear diffuser which is great, and that clam removal kit could make a great addition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Midwest Region