The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

2008 Summit Point Track Day Schedule

15K views 154 replies 24 participants last post by  davecarama 
#1 · (Edited)
Track Season is HERE :shift:

The Summit Point Motorsports Park has three distinct circuits: Summit Point Main, Shenandoah and Jefferson. The purpose of this thread is to maintain a comprehensive list of track days at Summit Point for the 2008 Season.

Here's a link for the WEATHER at Summit Point.

I'll add to this master list as events are announced and/or discovered. Please post when you find something and/or have feedback on an event.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up. :up:

JANUARY
Jan 20 (Sun) DRIFT NIRVANA / SOLO - Shenandoah

MARCH
Mar 7-9 (Fri - Sun) CAR GUYS - Main
Mar 9 (Sun) DRIFT NIRVANA / SOLO - Shenandoah
Mar 15-16 (Sat - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Main
Mar 21-22 (Fri - Sat) SCHATTENBAUM PCA - Main
Mar 30 (Sun) PROMOTION - Shenandoah

APRIL
Apr 4 (Fri) FATT - Main
Apr 5-6 (Sat - Sun) DC SCCA - Main (Club Racing Driver's School, not HPDE)
Apr 7 (Mon) DC MBCA - Main
Apr 12 (Sat) DC SCCA - Shenandoah (PDX)
Apr 14-15 (Mon - Tue) NJBMWCCA
Apr 18 (Fri) FATT - Main
Apr 26-27 (Sat - Sun) RIESENTOTER PCA - Shenanadoah
Apr 26-27 (Sat - Sun) DELBMWCCA - Jefferson
Apr 28 (Mon) DELBMWCCA - Main

MAY
May 3-4 (Sat - Sun) SVTOA - Shenandoah (Reg closes Apr 20)
May 9 (Fri) MVP - Shenandoah (Novice space available)
May 10 (Sat) DC AUDI - Jefferson (Targeted at Beginner HPDE drivers) Reg opens Mar 1
May 15 (Thu) SEAT TIME - Main
May 17-18 (Sat - Sun) TRACK DAZE - Shenandoah
May 19-20 (Mon - Tue) SCHATTENBAUM PCA - Main
May 23 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
May 24 (Sat) FATT & Seat Time - Shenandoah
May 30 - Jun 1 (Fri - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Jefferson (Pre Reg opens 3/24, Reg Period is 4/7 to 4/12)

JUNE
May 30 - Jun 1 (Fri - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Jefferson (Pre Reg opens 3/24, Reg Period is 4/7 to 4/12)
Jun 6 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Jun 13 (Fri) SEAT TIME - Main
Jun 14-15 (Sat - Sun) RIESENTOTER PCA - Jefferson (Reg Opens 5/1 for mbrs and 5/8 for non, closes 5/31)
Jun 15 (Sun) DC SCCA - Main (PDX)
Jun 16 (Mon) RIESENTOTER PCA - Main (Reg Opens 5/1 for mbrs and 5/8 for non, closes 5/31)
Jun 20 (Fri) FATT - Main
Jun 21-22 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main

JULY
Jul 11 (Fri) VETTE - Main
Jul 12 (Sat) FATT & Seat Time - Shenandoah CXLD
Jul 14-15 (Mon - Tue) TRACK DAZE - Main
Jul 19-20 (Sat - Sun) CAR GUYS - Shenandoah
Jul 21-22 (Mon - Tue) FERRARI - Main (moved from one week later)
Jul 25 (Fri) FATT - Main
Jul 26-27 (Sat - Sun) DC MBCA - Shenandoah

AUGUST
Aug 1-3 (Fri - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Shenandoah (Pre Reg opens 5/26, Reg Period is 6/9 to 6/14)
Aug 15 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Aug 21-22 (Thu - Fri) RIESENTOTER PCA - Main (Reg Opens 7/1 for mbrs and 7/8 for non, closes 8/7)
Aug 23 (Fri) FATT & Seat Time - Shenandoah CXLD
Aug 23 - 24 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main

SEPTEMBER
Sep 6 (Sat) DC SCCA - Shenandoah (PDX)
Sep 12 (Fri) FATT - Main
Sep 13-14 (Sat - Sun) NJBMWCCA - Shenadoah
Sep 20-21 (Sat - Sun) DC AUDI - Shenandoah (Reg opens early June)
Sep 27 (Sat) FATT & Seat Time - Shenandoah

OCTOBER
Oct 4-5 (Sat - Sun) TRACK DAZE - Shenandoah
Oct 10 (Fri) FATT - Main
Oct 10-12 (Fri - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Shenandoah (Pre Reg opens 8/4, Reg Period is 8/18 to 8/23)
Oct 11-12 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main
Oct 17-19 (Fri - Sun) FERRARI - Main
Oct 18-19 (Sat - Sun) VETTE - Jefferson
Oct 18-19 (Sat - Sun) NNJ PCA - Shenandoah
Oct 20 (Mon) - MVP - Main
Oct 24 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Oct 25-26 (Sat - Sun) DC SCCA - Main (Club Racing Driver's School, not HPDE)

NOVEMBER
Nov 1-2 (Sat - Sun) MAZDA - Shenandoah
Nov 7 (Fri) FATT - Main
Nov 8-9 (Sat - Sun) CAR GUYS - Shenandoah
Nov 15 (Sat) PROMOTION - Shenandoah
Nov 16 (Sun) DC SCCA - Shenandoah (PDX)

CAR GUYS
MVP TRACK TIME $250 day incl. lunch.
TRACK DAZE
NJBMWCCA
DCBMWCCA entry fees TBA. Priority given to BMWCCA mbrs. Mbrshp not required.
DELBMWCCA
VETTE
DC MBCA 1day/2day - $215/$375 early registration, then $250/$410
DC AUDI requires membership in audi club na. $44/year. also 2 annual events at VIR
SCHATTENBAUM PCA
RIESENTOTER PCA
FERRARI
SEAT TIME & FATT $250/day (4) 20 minute sessions
MAZDA
NASA
PROMOTION
FRCCA
DRIFT NIRVANA $150/day
DC SCCA $450/school
MVP TRACK TIME
SVTOA $350/weekend, SVT owner's assoc, event open to Lotus.
NNJ PCA

summit point summitpoint raceway race way motor sport motorsport sports motorsports park track circuit hpde open track seat time solo event events trackday trackdays days shedule event events 2008 list listing schedule deer armco

See less See more
#3 ·
i thought about trying to manage a schedule for there too, but it's quite difficult to have anything resembling "comprehensive." groups use that facility from everywhere east of the mississippi and beyond. it's not like SP, where it's the same ole same ole list of players.

of course, i'm still working with "she who must be obeyed" on the whole concept of a nice aluminum trailer. if that comes through, then VIR is on my to-do list at least once or twice this year... it's not like i'm driving a car with porsche-like reliability. -poke-

#6 ·
Trackdaze has a school on March 3&4 at VIR. You up for it ?

I'll go if someone else will go..

how did you get the seat time days from BSR ? they aren't even posted ?

Jeff
i won't be ready that early for VIR. i'm thinking maybe after the rains are done, maybe May/June.

those couple of seat time days are listed on the drift nirvana website.

you gotta dig, my man.;)

#8 ·
Man, I hope they have a FATT in early March. I have two days of credits with them and I was hoping to hit Summit in my new car before I hit a new track like VIR. New car and new track probably won't be as fun..:(

I'm also finding that there aren't that many track rats over on the Cayman boards..oh well

Jeff

#20 ·
If the track is covered with snow they will cancel the track day. ;) I went to a December track day there that was held with snow everywhere but the track. It was raining in the early sessions and if you spun off just a little you were stuck; ask me how I know. The last sesion of the day was cancelled when the rain turned to snow showers. The average high should be about 50F in early March at Summit so unless there is a late Spring, significant snow would be rare. Although with 50-60 degree days in January a late Spring is statistically more likely. I might go on Jan. 20th if the weather is anything like it has been.

#22 ·
rumor is that mscw is trying to get some summit days this year. Last time they were at SP Main was '99 I think.

I was thinking about not doing any more track events... What with the "ice mode" virus spreading like the bird flu and all ;)

I need to get some wheels and tires soon or I won't be driving anywhere.

Would get Hoosiers, but my new priority is to get rid of the aweful AD07 tires first.

#23 ·
I was thinking about not doing any more track events... What with the "ice mode" virus spreading like the bird flu and all ;).
I probably won't be tracking the Exige this year. I am looking at going SM. For the obvious reasons the Exige is no longer a financial option for me to run into a wall. Secondly, with a new "job" and a farm time is no longer a luxury.

#24 ·
mcsw?

yesterday i went digging through my track videos to try to find a recorded instance. the only place i've ever experienced it is on Shenandoah, coming out of the Karrussel, WOT, up the hill, through the essess, over the left curb and then heavy brake into the right down the corkscrew. i can get he hard pedal if if i go hard transtion from throttle to brake there. i've run up on the curbing a couple of time on the outside of the turn.

needless to say, i could not find it on a recording. i just think the majority of the "buzz" is coming from people who are either experiencing abs or are simply concerned about the prospect of the condition. it definitely happens.

#25 ·
I was kidding about the ice thing. It happened to me on the skid pad. When you are spinning wildly out of control and the break pedal does nothing, it kinda sucks.

MSCW = mazda sportscar club of Washington ( aka mazda drivers)

#27 ·
Just with Mazda club, being an ex Miata guy (slash wanna be miata guy), I get some info from them, nowhere near the amount of info you have above, but some.

Between me and Ed H., I am sure you will know when the Mazda events are. Here is the list I got from their sight.
http://mazdadrivers.com/

2008 Mazda Drivers Track Schedule

VIR - Grand Course
-- June 14-15, 2008

VIR - Full Course
-- August 30-31, 2008

Summit Point
Shenandoah Circuit
-- November 1-2, 2008

#29 ·
Unfortunately for me...I'm probably going to be out of the country for the first Mazda event. :(

The compensation...is that I might be able to do the 'Ring while I'm there. :)
Ed, bummer re VIR Grand... but suhweeeeet re the Nordschleife!!! Are you thinking of the Ring taxi or driving it? The rent-a-racecar option for the Ring is tempting, http://www.rent-racecar.de/gb/index.html but with the dollar being where it is against the Euro, you may have to cash in your 401(k) to do it.

#32 ·
ACE10 - unless the DC region of the BMW CCA has changed their policy of excluding "convertibles" such as the Elise from their events (I have spoken to the appropriate officers of the club on multiple occasions but they decided not to allow us to participate), should we include their events in our list?

Do they think the Exige is different than an Elise in that respect? I disagree with their decision, but I wouldn't want to ruin it for you guys by bringing to their attention that there is really no difference in rollover protection between the two models assuming a hardtop is in place. At the end of the day, it is their event so they are well within their rights to take their ball and go home if they want to. :shrug:

#33 ·
hmmm, i hadn't given it a thought really. i don't plan on running with them, and my experience with NJBMWCCA indicates some sort of allowance to include my car... whether by admission, omission or error.

i agree. there is no fundamental diff b/w the elise and the exige wrt to rollover, unless one considers the presence of a HT an arm restraint of some sort. :shrug:

i'll make a note on the first post regarding this situation. feel free to debate/discuss further.

#34 ·
Because I'm considering participating in a DelValBMWCCA event, and they have an explicit rule in their registration materials excluding "open top" cars from their DE events, I asked the registrar if we could participate. His response: "the Lotuses (Loti ?) are considered "Targa" type cars and as long as the "hard" top is in place are acceptable for Driver Schools."

Bottom line is that most BMWCCA regions around here let us run in their events. However, the DC region does not. :huh:

#39 ·
i'm no closer to having a trailer now, than i was several months ago. every time i find the "right" used one it's already been sold. and in a shocking discovery, trailer dealers are even MORE flaky than auto dealers.

trailex, aluma, worthington, atc, thule...

until i find one, it's gonna be SP for me.

#41 ·
Guys.. I'm thinking about heading out for a FATT event this year. Haven't been in a couple of years since I went out in an old M3. Problem is, I lost my old helmet during a house move (think I left it in my attic at the old place) so I need to go grab a new one. I know I could just order online from UPR or someone, but I have a blocky head and like to get a feel for helmets before pulling the trigger. Can you recommend some good stores in the NoVA area? That old helmet I lost I bought years ago back in Indiana, so I don't know where the best shops are around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.