Apartments in Washington DC? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderTBC View Post
parking fees of 200/mo is actually below avg for the area for a dedicated spot.

New Orleans Po Boys is only open on M-F

Other great options in the same local area would be St Arnolds, Blue Duck Tavern, Rasika, Tabard Inn for brunch
We rode the metro into town and went to the Irish pub on the south side of Dupont Circle Friday night. I had decent lambchops.

Saturday brunch at & Afterwords. I had the Duck Scrapple. Moving chores, then off to dinner at Thai Farm in Rockville and then shopping at Ikea.

My wife and I had Sunday breakfast at the hotel in Rockville. Nothing special. Our daughter came out on the metro and we all did fast food at the first place that came to hand between Michael's (wife would not survive the trip home without more embroidery supplies) and Target: Cici's pizza buffet (I guess you could call it "food"). Back to the apartment for final setup.

Sunday night for sandwiches at Eli's.

Now we are talking about flying in for the cherry blossoms, but I realize it is difficult to predict when the will be at peak.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post
We rode the metro into town and went to the Irish pub on the south side of Dupont Circle Friday night. I had decent lambchops.

Saturday brunch at & Afterwords. I had the Duck Scrapple. Moving chores, then off to dinner at Thai Farm in Rockville and then shopping at Ikea.

My wife and I had Sunday breakfast at the hotel in Rockville. Nothing special. Our daughter came out on the metro and we all did fast food at the first place that came to hand between Michael's (wife would not survive the trip home without more embroidery supplies) and Target: Cici's pizza buffet (I guess you could call it "food"). Back to the apartment for final setup.

Sunday night for sandwiches at Eli's.

Now we are talking about flying in for the cherry blossoms, but I realize it is difficult to predict when the will be at peak.
That must have been James Hoban.. surprised you got a decent meal. I've always found them mediocre. Decent enough spot for HH and drinks for a euro game though.

If you're interested in the Cherry Blossom event.. come around 3rd or last week in March. It's a bit cold usually, but by April, a big windy event will have rolled in and blown them off. By then your daughter should have a decent gauge of the good eating spots in the area.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderTBC View Post
That must have been James Hoban.. surprised you got a decent meal. I've always found them mediocre. Decent enough spot for HH and drinks for a euro game though.

If you're interested in the Cherry Blossom event.. come around 3rd or last week in March. It's a bit cold usually, but by April, a big windy event will have rolled in and blown them off. By then your daughter should have a decent gauge of the good eating spots in the area.
My only kick on James Hoban is that it was noisy. The women sat next to each other so they could talk. I was across the table and had trouble following the conversation.

Your take on the dates for cherry blossoms seems to echo the analysis I did of previous year peaks.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post
My only kick on James Hoban is that it was noisy. The women sat next to each other so they could talk. I was across the table and had trouble following the conversation.

Your take on the dates for cherry blossoms seems to echo the analysis I did of previous year peaks.
I have 20 Yoshino cherry blossoms planted in my yard. They consistently bloom about a week after the ones in the Tidal Basin. I also have Kwanzan's that bloom a month later, so I have cherry blooms well into May.

If the Tidal Basin crowd is too much for you, head over to Dumbarton Oaks in Georgetown for a more quiet and sedate ambiance with the cherry blossoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > MidAtlantic Region