Church of the Holy Donut - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Church of the Holy Donut

I thought this was listed here somewhere but I can't seem to find it anymore, so this is just a reminder that there's a weekly car meet at the Dunkin Donuts & Baskin Robbins in Burtonsville, MD. Sunday Mornings year-round, 8:00-11:00 AM but the earlier you can get there the better. Address appears to be 15600a Columbia Pike; basically it's at the intersection of 198 and (old) 29 in a big strip mall parking lot that includes an Amish market.

Attendees are a mix of just about everything and you never know what will show up. As with most meets around here it's primarily US classics and hot rods, but both times I've been there I wasn't the only Lotus. British presence this past weekend also included Jaguar, Triumph, MG, and Austin-Healey. Some recent pictures over at F-chat.
dododge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bump

Just a reminder about this regular meet. Here's an idea of the size (there's about 190 parking spots on the show half of the lot):

Some interesting cars from the past two weeks:

Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

The "Dolphin Lamborghini" raises an interesting question, i.e. is this person an environmentalist with a 12 MPG car? I also wonder whether the sun roof on the XJSC affects the aerodynamic efficiency of the rear wing?
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

i'm thinking that the lambo is a kit car who would paint a 300K car like that, and if it is a real lambo someone should slape them and take the car from them for defacing such a beautiful machine

The Lotus isn't the only sports car in the world. There is plenty of stuff that will beat it in different aspects. But that doesn't mean they are going to look good doing it.-SweetDaddyD
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3...0c6cfa5dt2.jpg
fireball111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

http://www.lassenart.com/

those things rot in the forum. i grew up watching that one collect dust. they wanted waaaaay more than sticker for it.

just look at the artist and all will become clear.

lol
ritcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball111 View Post
it is a real lambo someone should slape them and take the car from them for defacing such a beautiful machine
Not a kit. It's a relatively rare SE30 (special edition 30th anniversary) Diablo. The purple color is from Lamborghini. The aforementioned Lassen put the dolphins on there and then supposedly tried to sell the car for years at some outrageous price. He's also done this to other Lamborghinis, at least one Ferrari, a Viper (flames and dolphins together!), etc. On the plus side, the buyer-repulsion field generated by the dolphins has kept the number of previous owners to a minimum.

There's a thread over on F-chat right now, where the new owner (who is also a Lotus guy) is not surprisingly taking a bit of ribbing over the car. He does plan to make it dolphin-free.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Christian Riese Lassen, a concerned environmentalist, founded Sea Vision in 1990. The Mission of this nonprofit organization is to protect and preserve the oceans and sea life, and animals of our planet.
http://www.lassenart.com/07172006pr.htm

obviously not TOO concerned an environmentalist another hypocritical democrat no doubt
ivan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

My sources tell me that lambo is bio diesel but I can't back it up with paper work.
11 BMW 1M
eliseowner2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliseowner2b View Post
My sources tell me that lambo is bio diesel but I can't back it up with paper work.
The dolphin Diablo? No way. I had a 15-20 minute conversation with the owner and was hanging around when other people asked him about the engine. I think that's the sort of thing that definitely would have been mentioned, either there or in one of the F-chat threads from when he bought the car last year. Those dolphins are only skin deep.

[edit: I just realized you may be talking about the Murcielago in the gallery. No idea about that one]
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
I also wonder whether the sun roof on the XJSC affects the aerodynamic efficiency of the rear wing?
Another interesting twist on that Jag, which I noticed this past weekend: it has an American V8 in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > MidAtlantic Region