I know the performance is supposed to be amazing, but....
- internet scuttlebutt says that the Hennessey guy is a bad dude and there are some very shady dealings.
- As good as it looks, it looks like a what it is - a stretched Exige. For $1M, I would expect something super fresh and super exciting.
- To me, it's 'cheating'. Sorry, but every other hypercar out there with a $1M price tag is engineered from scratch and, more importantly, has a body and interior created from scratch, not using another car and taking it the remaining 50 yards.
- $1M? Ok, so the performance is 2.5sec. Great. Jeff Schwartz at Schwartz Performance built, and can build you, an Ultima GTR with an LS6 engine that is (he claims) in the 2.1 realm/235mph top speed, for less than $100K. And it looks more exciting. Yellow99S parked next to his at a SuperCar Saturdays a few weeks ago.
- $1M - this is most likely a severely depreciating asset. Most have never heard of this car and I doubt it carries much resale value. It's not a McClaren. For $1M, you can purchase MULTIPLE collector level cars that will APPRECIATE in value. Will they have the same performance? Nope, but we are talking about a million bucks.
- $1M - do some math. You can buy a Gallardo Superleggera, a 458 Italia, an Aston Martin DBS, a great vintage car (say a '73 Ferrari Dino GTS), an Ultima GTR (with that comparably performance) AND have a some money left over for 2 or 3 2005 Elises! Think about that.
-'05 SY Elise (RIP)
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) (SOLD)
- '05 SY Elise - my third (SOLD)