Tall person appropriate? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

You can also get put in a custom seat, as several people have done. If you search on "tall person's seat" you'll find a couple of posts on my seat.

I've also modified the pedals to give me several inches more leg room.

You WILL fit if you want to.

Good luck!

--Joe
Chococar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

I planed on changing out seats anyways cause this will be my DD and from what I see in pics they seem like they wouldn't be to comfy.

I plan on going to Valenti Motors in Watertown CT, just curious if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. For my age/appearance I have had certain dealerships kinda turn their noses up, and if thats the way they will be ill just go to a different one.
glbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbv View Post
I plan on going to Valenti Motors in Watertown CT

06 Sport Elise # 23 Stage II/Micromirror/Green wire mod/S111 tow hook/BWR front plate holder/Green filter/desnorkled/HID's-Hi & Low/Stealth Bulbs.
NJdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #24 (permalink)

Nothing bad I should know about them I hope plan on going this tues. Wish me luck
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Nothing bad I should know about them I hope plan on going this tues. Wish me luck
Do a search here for Valenti.

06 Sport Elise # 23 Stage II/Micromirror/Green wire mod/S111 tow hook/BWR front plate holder/Green filter/desnorkled/HID's-Hi & Low/Stealth Bulbs.
NJdrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

All I see is that there service and some of their cars are questionable. I mainly want to just sit and check them out in person. More and more I dig into lotus info more I want one, on the other hand I learn that i may just be to big : /. The Lotus Evora seems like a much better fit just doesn't seem to have that true lotus spirit imo. O well
Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

fig beet

I'm a little over 6'2", but 35'"-36" trouser inseam, so long legged for my height. What concerns me more is my 14EEEE feet. I like to wear NB walking shoes which are kind of wide, but I could come up with a narrower shoe if I had to. Anyway, what kind of room is there in the foot/pedal box?
ferndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferndoc View Post
I'm a little over 6'2", but 35'"-36" trouser inseam, so long legged for my height. What concerns me more is my 14EEEE feet. I like to wear NB walking shoes which are kind of wide, but I could come up with a narrower shoe if I had to. Anyway, what kind of room is there in the foot/pedal box?
Yikes! Those are huge. I'm 6'4 and my feet are 11.5EE. I hope that doesn't reflect poorly on my - well, never mind

The foot/pedal box on these cars is pretty small. The first time I test drove the Exige I was wearing cross-trainers and I barely had sufficient room. The next time I wore a much narrower shoe and was fine. If I ever get my Lotus, I'll probably wear driving shoes much of the time.

You may have an issue - you'd better take a test drive with the narrowest shoe you can wear.
logan2z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll agree with Logan.. The pedal box in this car is one of the smallest I've seen. I wear a size 12, normal width & my feet will rub against one another if I wear a wide cross-trainer. When I drive the Lotus, I wear thin shoes. 14EEE? That's a stretch.

I'll also add to the large list of people in this thread that are tall. I'm 6'5" - 6'6" (6'8" if you count my 'fro ) with a 36" inseam. While it's a tight squeeze, I'm able to drive in moderate comfort... for the circumstances, at least.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #30 (permalink)

I love to drive so I have been known to make long trips out of the blue such as NY to VA and back same day. Idk if I really wanna have moderate comfort for my 14+ hour trips. Maybe a noble or something along those platforms would have a little more room. Tough to find much info on the noble cause they lack any real forum.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:

I wear size 13 and it's no problem with running shoes. The 05s allow for adjustment (laterally) of the pedals. Mine are as apart as they can be otherwise I couldn't hit the accelerator without also hitting the brake. My right foot is flush against the center divider and you can see there's only a tiny amount of clearance...but it works.

However, in order to rest my left foot I need to turn it sideways to sneak it around the clutch pedal. No big deal, as I rarely drive it where I'm not using the clutch frequently anyway.

Name:  pedal box.jpg
Views: 3712
Size:  189.4 KB
'05 Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise, Biscuit Interior, Touring, LSS. Mods: Sport ECU; Stage 2 exhaust; de-snorkel; shifter stiffener (both); lidbone (with cutout); multivex mirrors; painted center console; painted engine covers; HID lights.
m4mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

Great answers, thank you all kindly. m4mica thanks for taking the time to take a photo, and the mention of lateral adjustment. It looks like I'd best try one on for size. If I wear a skinnier NB athletic shoe I just might pull it off.
I recall driving a new Miata a few years ago and having trouble getting my foot over and under the clutch pedal (as mentioned). About three years later I drove another (new) Miata and it wasn't as bad. Don't know what the difference was, perhaps they tweaked the cabin or the seat adjustment. The first one was definitely no go.
ferndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #33 (permalink)

Puma SpeedCats seem to be the most common narrow driving shoe. I wear a 14 or 15 and they're fine, but tennis shoes are a laugh. I removed the dead pedal a long time ago, which helps a bunch.

Good luck,

Joe
Chococar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
nak

My 6'2" son with the 36" inseam fits fine. I'm 5'10" and have a 34" inseam and I scoot the seat up a few notches. Try one one and see for yourself!
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

Went to Valenti today and I was able to attempt to sit in a Lotus, and what an attempt it was When I "got in" the door wouldn't close without coming within about a inch from my shoulders so zero wiggle room. Taking 5 mins to get into my DD just to have no movement at all. Seems like that put the nail in the coffin for my lotus dreams Time to start the search again.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Went to Valenti today and I was able to attempt to sit in a Lotus, and what an attempt it was When I "got in" the door wouldn't close without coming within about a inch from my shoulders so zero wiggle room. Taking 5 mins to get into my DD just to have no movement at all. Seems like that put the nail in the coffin for my lotus dreams Time to start the search again.
So you didn't even get to bang your right knee with your fist and the shift-knob every time you shift?...boy, that was great fun...

Now go find a solid C5Z06, install a good race-seat with lowering mounts (you can get just about on the floor with those) and enjoy some room!!!

Best of luck on your search...
"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."
Μολὼν λαβέ!!
ace996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #37 (permalink)

I was originally looking at the Z06 but had the same issue was able to get in the car but only needed 2 maybe 3 inches to be actually practical. I still haven't had any luck with Googleing "Corvette seat lowering kit". If anyone has a site were I can find one, I would appreciate a link.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I was originally looking at the Z06 but had the same issue was able to get in the car but only needed 2 maybe 3 inches to be actually practical. I still haven't had any luck with Googleing "Corvette seat lowering kit". If anyone has a site were I can find one, I would appreciate a link.
osCommerce

Call them. Tell them what you want, it's all been done a thousand times. You'll need to find a race-seat, either fixed or reclining, that will lower you a bit.
Of all the sports cars I've owned/driven the C5Z has the most potential...one of the designers was 6'5" and gave it more room than most.

Go test a 2002 Z06, as the 2003 and 2004 have different headliners that will take away some headroom. If you fall in love with a 2003or2004, then you can change the headliner.

Good luck and let us know how it works.

Be good,
TomK
"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."
Μολὼν λαβέ!!
ace996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.