Any Krypton Green cars in the region? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Any Krypton Green cars in the region?

Might be a longshot but are there any Krypton Green owners or sightings in the Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky region, or just not too far away from Louisville KY?
Sector111 Lidbone || Sector111 Front towhook || Sector111 Rear Boomerang towhook || Alpine CDA-9856 & iPod || 111R Decals || Zoom Carbon Fiber Rearview Mirror || Green Filter & de-snorkel || ForcedFed Half Carbon Front Lip Spoiler || ChaseCam window mount

2001 Laguna Seca Blue BMW M3 (the replacement)
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

One fully loaded KG Exige will be here in March (Greenfield, Indiana)
LotusFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusFamily
Damn, you should have it delivered earlier (say before February), but then again thats probably not twisting your arm at all I'm really looking at picking up a used (or discounted new 05) KG Elise around early February but with no dealers and very few cars around the area (Louisville, KY) I will more than likely have to fly somewhere and drive the car back. I'm just trying to avoid the possbility of a "Woah thats ugly, it looked soooo much better online/in photos" situation by making a day trip to see the color in person.
Sector111 Lidbone || Sector111 Front towhook || Sector111 Rear Boomerang towhook || Alpine CDA-9856 & iPod || 111R Decals || Zoom Carbon Fiber Rearview Mirror || Green Filter & de-snorkel || ForcedFed Half Carbon Front Lip Spoiler || ChaseCam window mount

Old 12-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Actually to put your fears to rest, we felt that the color is better seen in person and pictures dont do it justice. I didnt really like the color in photos (hence the Graphite 05 we own) until I saw in person, wont ever go back now. Fox Valley has one on the lot in Chicago but that may be a bit far for you, there isnt another one in Indiana we know of (club or otherwise) sorry we couldnt help. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
we felt that the color is better seen in person and pictures dont do it justice.
Thats what I keep hearing. It's probably a safe bet that I'll like it. I was REALLY excited last weekend when I found this ad on Autotrader.com, Saturday night it had no photos & had the color listed as Kripton (their spelling, not mine ). Cincinnati is only about an hour & a half away from us so I was instantly like "I am SO driving up there first thing in the morning". Well, woke up the next day, got ready to go and just before walking out the door I hopped online to grab their phone number. Turns out over night they updated the ad with photos & better description (tan interior). Ugh, talk about ruining a nice quiet Sunday At least I didnt waste three hours driving up to see the wrong car.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

The silver wheels seem to look better on it too, we will be swaping out our black ones on the Exige for the Sport pack rims on our Elise, which will get RAC'c on her. Personaly think the black rims make the car look dirty and dull, just dont like em.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

KG in Northern OH

We just purchased an '05 KG (black wheels, black stripes) from HRM in New York. Until we can transport it to where we live in California, it is stored in my brother's garage outside Cleveland. If Cincinnati is 1.5hrs from you, my brother's house is about 3.5hrs further North. We are going to try to ship the car within the next 3wks, but if you are interested in seeing it, I can probably coordinate that with my brother.

Incidentally, HRM has a used '05 KG (638 miles) with sport pack, touring pack, black powder-coated wheels, and soft top only in stock. Mark Starr is the guy to talk to at Hunting Ridge Motorsports (www.lotusofgreenwich.com) .
Edit: Oops, just looked up the HRM website and saw that the used KG was just sold. Sorry about that--but you might still check with Mark Starr or use E-bay to get some leads.

If you, like us, think a sports car should wear a bright color then you probably won't be disappointed when you see KG!

Last edited by adracer; 12-02-2005 at 11:51 PM.
adracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adracer
We just purchased an '05 KG (black wheels, black stripes) from HRM in New York. Until we can transport it to where we live in California, it is stored in my brother's garage outside Cleveland. If Cincinnati is 1.5hrs from you, my brother's house is about 3.5hrs further North. We are going to try to ship the car within the next 3wks, but if you are interested in seeing it, I can probably coordinate that with my brother.

Incidentally, HRM has a used '05 KG (638 miles) with sport pack, touring pack, black powder-coated wheels, and soft top only in stock. Mark Starr is the guy to talk to at Hunting Ridge Motorsports (www.lotusofgreenwich.com) .
Edit: Oops, just looked up the HRM website and saw that the used KG was just sold. Sorry about that--but you might still check with Mark Starr or use E-bay to get some leads.

If you, like us, think a sports car should wear a bright color then you probably won't be disappointed when you see KG!
Awesome, I may just have time to make a trip to Cleveland, need to check my upcoming weekends though. I think HRM would be just too far to drive. I've considered driving down to Lotus of Atlanta since my sister lives about an hour and a half north of there in Chattanooga TN but I just dont know if I have the time with the Holidays and what looks like a busy work schedule during January.

This is probably just needless worrying though, I DEFINITELY think these cars look their best in bright colors

Old 12-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
www.theapexinn.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
This is probably just needless worrying though, I DEFINITELY think these cars look their best in bright colors
AND in the bright sun. There are some people who have some hi res photos here that come close... but Krypton and Chrome Orange are best seen in person. And while there is no bad color for any of the Elises.....KG & CO are most amazing.
Elise #2292 / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com www.apex-inn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
kestrel74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here's an attempt...

...to convey the color. Taken against the snow, it really seems the camera did justice to the color. Really, it's the closest I've ever seen in a photo, digital or film.

OK--I can't figure out how to attach a photo (it's asking for a URL). PM me or e-mail me at shackleton15@hotmail.com and I'll send a photo or two that we took last week when I first saw the car (search for "Bay Area Demo Recommendations" on this forum to see how my wife pulled one over on me).
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Oh my lord, I think these photos kill off any fear I have. I'd still love to see the color in person but I'm pretty damn sure that I won't be turned away by it when I fly out with a check.

The high-res version of the second photo just kills me. It's really gonna be a looooooong two months now I can't even imagine ordering one of these and having to wait for two years, I definitely understand why OneFastLotus was so anxious now!

Thanks for the pics, for whatever reason its hard to find good photos of this color. Anyone have similar pictures but with a standard Elise (no black details)?

Old 12-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
...just not too far away from Louisville KY?
Having been to Fort Knox for a little training in the summer a few years ago, I would postulate that you could never be too far from Louisville.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...
dfa2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa2100
Having been to Fort Knox for a little training in the summer a few years ago, I would postulate that you could never be too far from Louisville.

And having not been on a solid vacation for a couple of years I would definitely agree with you I'm REALLY looking forward to the Elise trip for this exact reason. Since the car will more than likely come from Florida I will probably fly down w/ my wife, drive the car up to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores AL where my mom has two condos, spend some time there, drive up to Lookout Mountain/Chattanooga TN where my sister lives, have some fun uphill/downhill driving & great photo ops, and then make the day trip back to Louisville.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Shaggy,
There is a KG car listed on e-bay which has the silver Sport Pack wheels, and the photos aren't too bad either.
Let us know if you are still interested in coming up to Cleveland to see the car. It sounds like you have an excellent adventure coming up!

Thanks for posting the photos. It's fun to see our car on the forum!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the pics, for whatever reason its hard to find good photos of this color. Anyone have similar pictures but with a standard Elise (no black details)?
this color is very hard to get pics of. it looks totally different depending on the light. under a bright sun it gets yellowish. there's mine..
Attached Images

vortrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

It's amazing how the green tree background (versus the white snow) makes the KG appear different--at least to our eyes. The color changes (in a good way) from the light to the shadows--sometimes more yellow, sometimes more green.

Good stuff. Look forward to hearing about the road trip, Shaggy. We're in the final throes of picking a transport company, and hope to have the car out here by Christmas, but if you still think you might find your way to Cleveland in the next couple of weeks, let us know. Sounds like you're pretty much good to go, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

So these are pretty "true to life" photos? (at least for the lighting)

http://www.norm-baker-motor-co.com/s...rc=eBay&pid=11

Anyone have any night time photos? The more I see these the more confident I feel that I'll absolutely love it in person. Ugh, I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to arrive! I'm sure though that it would feel worse to have one of these in the garage already and have snow/salt on the ground.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

from the looks of that lighting, yes those are accurate. it is a more shocking a color at night (a lot more neon greenish).
vortrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

The only night time viewing we had, the car was under two 100w bulbs in a garage (no flourescent shop lights), and we didn't take any photos in the dark. Then again, flash photography and the snow may have interfered with an accurate representation of the color against the black of night.

These photos of our car, vortrex's car, and the norm baker las vegas car are awfully accurate. The only thing I'll mention here is that I looked at the photos on a computer monitor at work today, and the color was not as good--too yellow. I'm no computer guy, but I learned today if you have an accurate monitor, you'll have an accurate image. If your monitor has faithfully recreated the color of other known objects for you, then the KG is probably pretty close, too.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
I saw one Krypton green Elise at a car show and it really...really stands out. Looked O.K. on the Elise...

However...

on the Exige - I think it will be awesome. If you liked the color enough to order it sight unseen and you had the guts - It will pay off big time.

I ordered a Chrome Orange Exige and had some second thoughts - but I actually got to see my first Exige on Sunday. I was lucky and it was chrome orange. It looked awesome! With the Exige - the bright colors look great. I think the Blues (except laser) and greens will be boring on an Exige.

This car is so awesome and you will be stunned when you see it. It's such a wild car that I think I would love it in Krypton Green too...and I can't believe I'm saying that.

You will get noticed.
Stormy320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Michigan, Ohio, Indiana Region