2014 Corvette Leaked - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #81 (permalink)
dvj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENDERMAN View Post
I also have dibs on this vent to cool my engine...So you guys sort it out!!

This Mopho has lotus written all over!!

Do you see Elisa?

Yep, it's what the new Elise should have been. I hope Lotus is paying attention

08 Elise SC, Storm Titanium
dvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #82 (permalink)

GM's goal is to increase sales by 10K units a year in part to pay for the revision to the plant in KY which is producing the chassis in house. With this sort of sales goal I would expect that any premium market adjustment will be short-lived.

FWIW, the new base model is faster than the "old" GS around a track.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #83 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

So much for exclusivity in that segment.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I highly doubt they have any intention or want in that.
Lotus F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #85 (permalink)
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENDERMAN View Post
This Emblem is bad a$$!!

As a designer (not car) this little detail drives me crazy, if you going to flow the line from the door it must match, that vent is too big.

RM, can you do this same comparison pic with full view of the side? Just curious. I want to agree with you but it seems that it could work if the lines are parallel, but without seeing the whole of the side it is hard to tell.

BTW, I've been playing with GIMP and have to tell you my respect for people that can do photoshop has increased that much more....

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Blackwatch Racing
fzust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #86 (permalink)

I read that Chevy was trying to get younger buyers interested in the Vette, which could be an explanation for the styling. Performance-wise, there is little to be disappointed with, especially for the money, but the styling... Inside and out, it just looks over-styled to me. There are some aspects that look good, such as the headlights, but there are some that just look very, very bad, such as the entire rear fascia. All the vents look cheap, too, particularly the vent after the front wheels and the vents on the rear quarter panels. Would it not have been possible to just go with a black mesh to fit in there and not have the black plastic inserts visible? The same goes for the vents on the hood. That black plastic cheapens the look of the car, in my opinion.

On the interior, the configurable screen is nice, as are the new seats (assuming they're actually good), but the overall design is goofy and over-styled. All the mismatching AC vents look weird to me, too. The whole car is just too busy, inside and out.
Dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
Crazy ugly
My gosh it is. The back end is just despicable. But, the good news is that it will no doubt have 2700hp, 3400ft lbs of torque and do 0-60 in -.06 seconds. That means I dont have to look at them for very long. Although, here in upstate NY Ill no doubt get to see about 500 a day in every color. Yawn.

Apparently they had a large stock of Camaro rear clips laying around. Also, Nissan had some GTR stuff laying around too, like ticky-tack boy-racer parts. Great. The vette wasnt always gorgeous but it was at least clean and uncluttered looking. Where have all the auto stylists gone? My goodness, where have they gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Exclusivity and Chevrolet are two words that just dont go together. They are mutually exclusive

Last edited by s2mikey; 01-16-2013 at 11:19 AM.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
I read that Chevy was trying to get younger buyers interested in the Vette, which could be an explanation for the styling. Performance-wise, there is little to be disappointed with, especially for the money, but the styling... Inside and out, it just looks over-styled to me. There are some aspects that look good, such as the headlights, but there are some that just look very, very bad, such as the entire rear fascia. All the vents look cheap, too, particularly the vent after the front wheels and the vents on the rear quarter panels. Would it not have been possible to just go with a black mesh to fit in there and not have the black plastic inserts visible? The same goes for the vents on the hood. That black plastic cheapens the look of the car, in my opinion.

On the interior, the configurable screen is nice, as are the new seats (assuming they're actually good), but the overall design is goofy and over-styled. All the mismatching AC vents look weird to me, too. The whole car is just too busy, inside and out.
That's a WHOLE lot of opinion for someone who probably never saw the car in person.

How can you speak of things looking cheap, plastic etc. etc. if you never saw it? C'mon you know you can't really make a real assessment on pictures alone. If you did see it then I digress.
Lotus F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #89 (permalink)
Premium Member

Well, at least the GTR now has a runner up for the fugly award.
GuppyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #90 (permalink)

The vents are aerodynamically functional, including those on the rear fascia. The rear lights are going to have some sort of LED effect, like the Ducati Panigale.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #91 (permalink)

Chill guys this and the '66 are the 2 best looking Vettes ever, I'm working on the rear...

Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Autodesk Maya 2014 Certified Instructor
WILL.I.AM
RENDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzust View Post
RM, can you do this same comparison pic with full view of the side? Just curious. I want to agree with you but it seems that it could work if the lines are parallel, but without seeing the whole of the side it is hard to tell.

BTW, I've been playing with GIMP and have to tell you my respect for people that can do photoshop has increased that much more....
I'm nick picking a bit but I would have done this, BTW I've wonder if a top Lotus designer jumped ship to GM?

WILL.I.AM
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
Scott Graham

I did a little rendering the other day. It needs a splitter and maybe side skirts.
I also lowered it a little and blacked out the roof and grille. looks a little more my style now.

Tons of Sector111 and RLS goodies.
Scottycali4nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #94 (permalink)

nice!! another thing I hate they took out the rear fender flare, although it may comeback on the new Z06

WILL.I.AM
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #95 (permalink)
Scott Graham

That'll look cool with the flared arches. with any luck they will also do something with that front side vent. now that you pointed it out, I can't help but to notice it..

Tons of Sector111 and RLS goodies.
Scottycali4nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus F1 View Post
That's a WHOLE lot of opinion for someone who probably never saw the car in person.

How can you speak of things looking cheap, plastic etc. etc. if you never saw it? C'mon you know you can't really make a real assessment on pictures alone. If you did see it then I digress.
No need to get upset about it, it's just one person's opinion. Don't let it stop you from liking or buying the car. Others are voicing their opinions on the design, so I have as well. I find it derivative and busy.
Dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #97 (permalink)

Now that they scrapped all 5 future models GM is to produce the next gen Evora V8 454 HP 420 LB torque poised to be lotus first super car... I love forward cab design

WILL.I.AM

Last edited by RENDERMAN; 01-17-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #98 (permalink)

The top line of the front vent runs off of the top of the tire outer diameter on the real car. The vent is larger on the real car. The modified vent is nice in that it follows the line of the rear fender. Although, the angle of the vent needs to be modified on the new rendering near the top because it appears to be too acute, which would make the vent even smaller.

I prefer vents that organically "appear," when they are blacked out they look very Japanese for lack of a better term.

I will still want one of these Vettes given the performance to dollar ratio.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #99 (permalink)

Whatever you do with the vents, the back end kills everything. So Camaro-fugly.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me! View Post
I'm not a Corvette guy either and I like it! Ok the rear is a little busy, and red looks way better than silver, but overall not bad!

What I don't like are the leaf springs...
Agreed! I think it looks great, but then again and it seems the styling was catered more for our generation (little younger than the previous audience it seems).

As for the "leaf springs" aschen is right on the money. People gripe about "leaf springs" but few truly understand the engineering behind it. Don't forget these are actually quite expensive to design and produce. And of course Chevy has a standard coil over strut on all of their other vehicles. They could certainly go with that if they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
Why? you know they are composite, transverse springs right? They share nothing in common with truck leaf springs and have alot of advantages over steel wound springs: lower cg, lower overall weight, easy ride height adjustment, integral antiroll charachtaristics
Bang On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvj View Post
News Flash:

J.C.Whitney will be offering the Corvette conversion round tail light kit in about 90 days.

From the photos, the interior looks like the same plastic treatment of a GM car. No improvement here from an ID perspective. But is it really any worse than the Evora?

For what it is, under $80K you have quite a machine. An open top model might be a real stunner.

But yah, that busy rear end.........

Keeping my Elise
I TOTALLY disagree with it comes to the interior of the new vette. Sounds like a big goal of the new model was to improve the interior and overall build quality. I find it hard to believe people are ragging on it from behind a screen without ever looking at them. I will say this. To me it looks like the C7 interior is light years ahead of a C6 (the seats alone!)... And honestly having been in a few C6s, the interior quality of the C6 is better than my Elige (although the C6 seats are utter garbage). Kind of funny to see Elige owners try to poke fun at a vette interior. We drive tin cans with hard plastic interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
Has anyone ever driven a car that shuts off some cylinders when it's not needed? How does that feel? If there any delay when you hit the gas and the other cylinders come back online?
On occasion if I am really really paying attention I will notice just a slight blip, but honestly most of the time I don't notice unless the display is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottycali4nia View Post
I did a little rendering the other day. It needs a splitter and maybe side skirts.
I also lowered it a little and blacked out the roof and grille. looks a little more my style now.

Wow! That looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven76 View Post
Whatever you do with the vents, the back end kills everything. So Camaro-fugly.
The back end is pretty bad IMHO. I don't understand why they went away from the circular tails. I mean I guess maybe it doesn't flow with the new body lines... whatever the reason that was a vette staple, and they got rid of it for that crazy camaro sexed up a gtr look!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other Cars and Comparisons