C7 Corvette Poll - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the 2014 C7 Corvette
like it 44 45.83%
not sure yet- waiting to see it on the road 27 28.13%
do not like it 13 13.54%
hate it to the point that vein on your forehead is doing that thing and/or also have rabbies 3 3.13%
camaro 9 9.38%
renderman photoshopportunity 0 0%
dis-own your father because of it 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
You are just now finding out about Lotus car owners? Look at the demographics shift for the new generation that just got in and also see how some of the self-anointed "OG" members who got the first Elise act. They are not all that different. Funny how some think they are "OG" in 04/05 for buying an Elise when there are members who have owned their Lotus since the 60's.

It's not the brand, it's the owners. Every brand has the same type of people owning it, there is no special Lotus halo around Lotus owners. Don't elevate Lotus owners just because of Lotus. It's just a car. People are people and people stink, no matter what brand of car you drive. They just think their stuff stinks differently.

Is that because of the driver? Because most crashed Corvettes on YouTube seem to have a problem even leaving a Cars and Coffee without spinning out and hitting a curb or a few parked cars.
OG?
What does Orangutan Ganja have to do with anything?

THE OBITS, YO!
KEEP CRYIN! WHAA!
REDNECK = PERSON WHO LIVES IN A DUMP BUT DRIVES AN ELISE!

I never played by the rules, and I never really cared
My nasty reputation takes me everywhere

It is admitted by all that he was much addicted to women, as well as very expensive in his intrigues with them, and that he debauched many ladies of the highest quality; among whom were Posthumia, the wife of Servius Sulpicius; and Lollia, the wife of Aulus Gabinius.
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz5gxt View Post
I wish the other C7 "2014 corvette leaked" thread to be closed. its embarrassing to us true car lovers, and making me question why I own a Lotus frankly if this is the way lotus sports car owners feel. Why do people judge a car on its past models and not the current one...

I have seen the C7 in person and can say it looks better in person then photos and the interior is finally good also.

You are questioning your ownership of a certain car because 4 or 5 other people don't care for a different car?

That makes sense.

I didn't realize that, as a Lotus owner, I was supposed to like Corvettes, GTRS and Evos.

And no, it's not snobbery. I don't pretend that my little plastic car is 'better' than a Vette.

It's entirely possible to dislike something others like and not be a 'hater'. The word hater should be banished forthwith.
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

I'm not a Lotus snob... never thought the Lotus was anything that special to allow me to be a snob to anything that actually had any real performance. Heck, the Accord and Camry sedans around here all had more power than the Elise.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
You are questioning your ownership of a certain car because 4 or 5 other people don't care for a different car?

That makes sense.

I didn't realize that, as a Lotus owner, I was supposed to like Corvettes, GTRS and Evos.

And no, it's not snobbery. I don't pretend that my little plastic car is 'better' than a Vette.

It's entirely possible to dislike something others like and not be a 'hater'. The word hater should be banished forthwith.
I think Notorious Point he's trying to make is he is surprised that some lotus owners are so narrowminded when it comes to other sports cars.
jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs986 View Post
I think Notorious Point he's trying to make is he is surprised that some lotus owners are so narrowminded when it comes to other sports cars.
Actually, it's both.

I am surprised that people can be so full of themselves when they know they bought a car that costs as much as an used Accord EX, then turn around like they are in the 6 figure exotic car club. It's like the ultimate form of faking and fronting. Also, you look at the car and its actual objective numbers... it's nothing spectacular, almost pathetic really.

On the other hand, I am not surprised, because people come in all shapes and sizes and just because they own a Lotus doesn't make them any more or less of a jerk than they were before they owned a Lotus. They are just a jerk with a Lotus. Owning a Lotus doesn't change how you feel about something, it just gives you that little push to act it out a bit (see above).

Then you got the self appointed OG's who think they are above it all and scoff at the new jacks who came late into the Lotus game and try to think because they got in early, they are more elite and hold themselves in higher regard, like all true blue blood Lotus owners should have a snifter of brandy and a cigar after supper to discuss world politics and business.

Whatever. It's a car. Enjoy it. That's all it is for and that's all it's about.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs986 View Post
I was actually referring to some the comments stating that it's 'embarrassing to true car lovers' and 'questioning why I own a Lotus'

It's a car. A Vette is a car. That's it.

It's a car. A Lotus is a car. That's it.

The point is that I didn't realized that I was supposed to think a certain way because I bought a Lotus. That I'm magically supposed to like Vettes for whatever reason.

I don't.....and that's ok. I don't dislike Vettes because I own a Lotus. I don't dislike Vettes because I like Indian food. I dislike Vettes because I don't find them particularly interesting and because they are too common for my tastes. That's all. People love and hate things for myriad reasons.

My opinion of Vettes is irrelevant of my opinion of Lotus - just as my opinion of a Prius is irrelevant of my opinion of Lotus. Because I dislike Vettes doesn't mean I think my car is a Pagani. I means I like one car, but not another. Very simple.

As I said before, I'm not all that crazy about Aston Martins and frankly the 599 GTO, which I've seen in the flesh a few times, does nothing for me. 911s don't excite me. Does that not let me be in the 'car lovers' club or, even worse the 'enthusiasts' club?

I can list a few current cars that I like - Lotus Elige, Evora, Ferrari California, Ferrari 458, Lamborghi Gallard Superformante, Aston Martin Rapide, McLaren Mp4, Jeep Wrangler Unlimted, Kia Optima, Hyundai Veloster, Morgan 3 Wheeler, Rolls Royce Phantom, Range Rover Sport, Porsche Cayman R, Porsche Boxster Spyder, Jaguar XJ, Audi A/S7, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Infiniti M37, Subaru BRZ.

I can also list cars I don't like - Corvette, Camaro, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Nissan Cube, Kia Soul, Scion Xb, Toyota Yaris, anything wearing a Chrysler badge, Mercedes R Class, BMW 5 Series GT, Ferrari FF and any Lincoln MK that smiles at me like the Cheshire Cat.

Does any of that make me NOT an enthusiast?

People are thinking WAAAAYYYY too hard about this.
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post

People are thinking WAAAAYYYY too hard about this.
...Says the most outspoken member of Lotustalk. No one said you had to like it. The fact remains every time the Corvette or GM are mentioned it turns into a 100 page thread/man-period (~loosely) by the same 4-5 people regurgitating the same lame gripes and its so old- even if we agree or not.
Minnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnis View Post
...Says the most outspoken member of Lotustalk. No one said you had to like it. The fact remains every time the Corvette or GM are mentioned it turns into a 100 page thread/man-period (~loosely) by the same 4-5 people regurgitating the same lame gripes and its so old- even if we agree or not.
+1
XtinctElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Also, a lot of people like to project their personal opinion into some kind of inherent characteristic. For example instead of saying "I just can't get past my association of Corvettes with toothless rednecks who get bad valet parking spaces" to: "only toothless rednecks who can't get good valet spots drive Corvettes."

That is like saying only bigoted mmorons fail to appreciate the objective value, performance and good looks of the Corvette.

The implicit name-calling is what causes the explosion when discussing Corvettes.
kverges is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other Cars and Comparisons