Would you rather drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini? - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent ONE View Post
Oh, and thumbs down on convertible. Convertibles lack structural integrity and are heavier.
Unless its a 458 Spider
plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Know View Post
The Elise and Exige are both targas, not coupes or convertibles. The weight difference is due to the difference in body panels, not a structural difference. But I'm sure you knew that.
Yes, but that wasn't the original hypothesis of the post to which I was responding, to wit:

Quote:
Oh, and thumbs down on convertible. Convertibles lack structural integrity and are heavier.
And I acknowledged the fact that the cars are not true convertibles, and the original hypothesis did not talk about why convertibles are heavier, just that they are heavier, which also goes to the point that there are many reasons why one car is heavier than the other.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #63 (permalink)

Ferraris are a lifestyle, been around them my whole life. The are in essenceerfection:
Lambos are cool had those to but they are slutty dime a dozen and boring. Aventador is raw but a 599gto is rediculous.

458 is the supermodel sex. :no joke:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Formula313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #64 (permalink)
Bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula313 View Post
Ferraris are a lifestyle, been around them my whole life. The are in essenceerfection:
Lambos are cool had those to but they are slutty dime a dozen and boring. Aventador is raw but a 599gto is rediculous.

Las Vegas. Sent from iPhone at 2:52 am on New Year's Eve.

Make sense
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula313 View Post

You serious? Ferrari, perfection? Guess you like the two thousand dollar oil changes?

Lambos are more rare than Ferraris around here, where every idiot who can scrounge up enough by eating ramen and living in mom's garage can find himself an used 360 or some other old 8 cylinder variant and then cruise around like he's somebody for the price of a BMW 3 series.

Can't do that with a Lambo, at least, not yet.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #66 (permalink)
Abe
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
You serious? Ferrari, perfection? Guess you like the two thousand dollar oil changes?

Lambos are more rare than Ferraris around here, where every idiot who can scrounge up enough by eating ramen and living in mom's garage can find himself an used 360 or some other old 8 cylinder variant and then cruise around like he's somebody for the price of a BMW 3 series.

Can't do that with a Lambo, at least, not yet.
Usually in agreement with you but you have to compare apples to apples as the same can be said for those cramming their lifestyle into a Gallardo. In Newport it's 50/50 as both brands are popular and oil change has dropped a bit from the $2000 trips.

Now, that said, if Lambo actually comes out with their SUV then I'd have to go with the Lambo...afterall, everybody knows an SUV is the way to go when the zombie apocalypse is finally upon us.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #67 (permalink)

After playing with a Scuderia, 458, and a GT3 for a couple afternoons in my Elise. I have to say the 458 was pure sex. The looks, the sound and how it attacked the road just left me drooling and depressed that I will never own one. I never thought I would be disappointed in a 430, but I was.

458 hits all the right spots!!!!!
cashxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
Usually in agreement with you but you have to compare apples to apples as the same can be said for those cramming their lifestyle into a Gallardo. In Newport it's 50/50 as both brands are popular and oil change has dropped a bit from the $2000 trips.

Now, that said, if Lambo actually comes out with their SUV then I'd have to go with the Lambo...afterall, everybody knows an SUV is the way to go when the zombie apocalypse is finally upon us.
You are correct because there will always be those struggling to "front" in this SoCal culture, but I haven't seen Lambos in the low $30-55k range like some of the old 8 cylinder F cars, that people are buying to get into the club.

All Gallardos, even the older ones which are trashed to crap, are still up in the $70-90k range. Then again, haven't looked lately and of course, it's not fair because those F cars are fifteen to thirty years old compared to the relatively new Gallardo.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #69 (permalink)

Are you serious? Get the Italia 458! Ugh how could even ask this lol
Lotus F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #70 (permalink)
Bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashxdr View Post
After playing with a Scuderia, 458, and a GT3 for a couple afternoons in my Elise. I have to say the 458 was pure sex. The looks, the sound and how it attacked the road just left me drooling and depressed that I will never own one. I never thought I would be disappointed in a 430, but I was.

458 hits all the right spots!!!!!
Yeah, and I was in the back getting chased by homeless Obi Wan Kenobi!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #71 (permalink)

I still pick the Ferrari over a Lambo.

Today I had an opportunity for an hour + drive in a 2012 McLaren mp4 12c. The 458 is still one of my fav but after the drive today I am think the McLaren is very close & for some would be their 1st choice. The car had the optional sports exhaust and once started it sounded wonderful like a heavily-moded race car. The car was vibrating and making all sorts of wonderful motor noises and at this price point I could see it being off-putting for some. I felt it added to the experience and it made me feel like I was getting ready to drive race car. She idled a little north of 600 RPM and the strange thing when you opened either door or put it in gear the RPM would raise another 300 RPM. The dealer said this strange occurrence has happened with every car they have delivered. I thought it was odd but I am sure McLaren has a technical reason why it’s happening. For those that think the Evora’s audio system sucks the McLaren’s Meridian system was lifeless and very basic. I think those that appreciate the smooth Evora;s ride and prefer it over a car that needs to be super stiff to deliver the same results would prefer the McLaren over a Ferrari. The sales man has driven many Evora’s so I was looking forward to hear his thoughts since they own a Lotus dealership in Northern Dallas. He said the Evora has one of the best non-electric controlled suspensions and felt Lotus is one of the best in this regards. I have driven many fast motor cycles in my time so for me to get excited behind the wheel of a car usually takes something special. The McLaren’s power was so furious the cold tires did everything they could to keep her strait under full WOT. I felt so invincible and confident behind the wheel If I owned this car I would need an attorney on retainer to keep me from losing my license. The large rear fin that turns into an air-brake looks very cool when slamming on the brakes and draws a lot of attention from motorist . The McLaren mp4 12c is one of my new favorites.

Last edited by fasttoys; 01-03-2013 at 07:30 AM.
fasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #72 (permalink)
Bummed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttoys View Post
I still pick the Ferrari over a Lambo.

Today I had an opportunity for an hour + drive in a 2012 McLaren mp4 12c. The 458 is still one of my fav but after the drive today I am think the McLaren is very close & for some would be their 1st choice. The car had the optional sports exhaust and once started it sounded wonderful like a heavily-moded race car. The car was vibrating and making all sorts of wonderful motor noises and at this price point I could see it being off-putting for some. I felt it added to the experience and it made me feel like I was getting ready to drive race car. She idled a little north of 600 RPM and the strange thing when you opened either door or put it in gear the RPM would raise another 300 RPM. The dealer said this strange occurrence has happened with every car they have delivered. I thought it was odd but I am sure McLaren has a technical reason why it’s happening. For those that think the Evora’s audio system sucks the McLaren’s Meridian system was lifeless and very basic. I think those that appreciate the smooth Evora;s ride and prefer it over a car that needs to be super stiff to deliver the same results would prefer the McLaren over a Ferrari. The sales man has driven many Evora’s so I was looking forward to hear his thoughts since they own a Lotus dealership in Northern Dallas. He said the Evora has one of the best non-electric controlled suspensions and felt Lotus is one of the best in this regards. I have driven many fast motor cycles in my time so for me to get existed behind the wheel of a car usually takes something special. The McLaren’s power was so furious the cold tires did everything they could to keep her strait under full WOT. I felt so invincible and confident behind the wheel If I owned this car I would need an attorney on retainer to keep me from losing my license. The large rear fin that turns into an air-brake looks very cool when slamming on the brakes and draws a lot of attention from motorist . The McLaren mp4 12c is one of my new favorites.

Ping Choatie88 here on the forum - he's a long time Exige owner (just sold it) and has had his Mp4 since last spring. Fantastic car!

We did a LONG spirited drive the day after he got the car - 25 cars rolling through the twisties. He was leading the pack and just watching that air brake come up on the highway was uber cool....
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #73 (permalink)

I say Aventatore for the Mopho win!!
WILL.I.AM
RENDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other Cars and Comparisons