Larini 8" exhaust on 08 SC Elise - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Larini 8" exhaust on 08 SC Elise

I researched a lot of posts before I decided on an exhaust upgrade and I found some of the responses to be inconsistent with my experience since installing this exhaust a few days ago. First, bottom line is I love it!!! Sector 111 installed it for me and I am very happy. I had an 05 Elise with the stage 2 and this is SO much better. A few facts:
* it is quite a bit louder than the stock exhaust unless you are totally off the throttle
* it DOES burble and pop; really nice when accelerating hard and changes gears; you get a very nice popping sound; also happens when you are coasting down a hill or when you let off the exhause--REALLY cool
* does not drone like the stage 2; If you are on the freeway going 75 then it is not much different than the stock exhaust; particularly if you have the top off(as I do pretty much all of the time); the wind noise and traffic noise pretty much overwhelm any difference

I was concerned that it would be too quiet and originally was going to opt for the SC sport that is in between the 8" and the clubsport. I am really happy that I didn't. The 8" changes it from WAY too quiet to more mature and with lots of interesting pops and burbles on gear change, downshift and deceleration, but does not punish you if you are cruising on the freeway for an hour or so.

Thought I would pass this along. I am not into racing it and was not looking for performance increases, I just wanted it to sound a lot more interesting and it now does. I am very happy now!!
martinm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Switchblade

Thx Martin, the Larini 8" remains my favorite system for the reasons you describe...or I may be just getting more mature.
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
shinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Care to throw up a video on the youtubes comparing the Larini 8" to other lotus exhaust's?
ESlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

6" Larini Club Sport SE for Comparison

My car is 99% track. Went with the Larini 6" Club Sport SE. I love it, and everyone that hears me go by loves it too. The only thing I will say is that under 4000 rpm, this baby can drone. I dont spend much time in that zone, so its not an issue for me. I am sure the drone is reduced by the bigger 8-inch can. Thanks, Shinoo, for all you do within those "razor thin" margins.

Here's a vid of the exhaust 0-80:

Here's a track drive by, plus:
'06 Exige, VFII Supercharger, CharlieX Tune, KAAZ CR Gear Set, Larini Exhaust, Custom Header, Nitron Doubles, ACT XT Clutch, Hypersport Roll Cage, CF Canards, Moroso Oil Pan, Cup Wheels, Slicks, AP Big Brakes x 4, RTD2brace, Front Brake Ducts, Sparco Steering Wheel w/ Quick Release, LETSLA, SSC Shifter Cables, DBWpedals, IMRP Monoballs, Machined Uprights, Recaro Seat, APR Wing, IMRP Rear Diffuser, Schroth 5-Point Harnesses, Prosport Gauges, Traqmate and some stickers.
jaybuck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Loved it, thanks!
ESlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESlaughter View Post
Care to throw up a video on the youtubes comparing the Larini 8" to other lotus exhaust's?
Take a look at the videos posted here:

Comprehensive Larini 8 Inch vs Stock Exhaust Comparison (William Thomas Roadsters)
jpkeyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
FIL

Sweet videos!
05' Elise - REV400, PPE Header, Quaife LSD, Ohlins, BOE Silent Touch, LETSLA, ACT HDSS, Fidanza flywheel, BOE CAB Intake, BOE Catch Can, V2 Fuel Tank, V2 Steering Arms, BWR sway bar, ForcedFed CF splitter, Manly's engine mounts, All Mesh Grilles, Volk CE28 wheels
FIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Started stock spent a year with a Stage 2till it drove me crazy one too many times, solit, just ordered a Larini 8inch thru the diffuser model with Eliminator. Wanted the lightest quitest combo out there.
11 BMW Xdrive35d, Vermillion Red w/Cinnamon Brown Leather
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
brgelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Intake and Exhausts