Larini 'S' Clubsport or Larini Sports Exhaust System ? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Larini 'S' Clubsport or Larini Sports Exhaust System ?

Any recommendations between the Larini 'S' Clubsport verse Larini Sports Exhaust System - Sport Style? I have a stock 2005 Elise but planning on also putting on a BWR supper charger soon. I am looking for better sound but not too loud, anyone know which is louder?
qz5gxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Larini Sports Exhaust

I have a stock 2005 Saffron yellow Lotus Elise sport pack and have recently installed the Larini Sport Exhaust from Sector 111. This has got to be the best modification for the car so far. The car transforms to a Ferrari-like scream when going under tunnels and really gets the attention the car needs. There is barely any resonance at 6ht gear 4000 rpm. I have done some research on line and decide to go for the Larini Sport Exhaust instead of Lotus stage II exhaust. The Larini SC exhaust is of an single oval tip design while the Larini sport exhaust is a twin polished steel design. I am also planning on doing a super charger mod sometime next year. Go with Larini. You will be amazed at how much additional fun you can get out of your car.
lotus425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

i have the sports cat + sports exhaust from Larini. Its very good, but for me a bit too loud maybe. As far as i recon clubsport is even more louder.. so think of the comfort first, performance diff will not be big at all between the two.
loyalluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have had the clubsport s for a year and a half. In an s240 it does change the breathing s bit. The lower rpm is a hair sluggish compared to stock but after the 3k mark it does seem to take off more. On an s240 the cam switch was almost seamless with stock exhaust but with clubsport it is very noticable. It has a nice burble and Loud enough under normal driving but when pushed it screams, pops and shoots small fireballs from time to time. In 5th or 6th gear at say 70-75 it does have a little drone and on long trips I do wear ear plugs as it does get draining. I believe the earlier models had longer oval tips and I had mine shortend after a few months after initial install which made it a tad louder with a stock look but I think sector 111 worked to get those to look more stock. I consistenly get compliments on it and when at log last year with most exhausts being there I was amazed how many people would ask what it was.
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi,

Would you expand on the rationale of choosing THe Larini Sport over the Lotus Stage II? I'm starting to look for exhaust options. thx!!

GTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus425 View Post
I have a stock 2005 Saffron yellow Lotus Elise sport pack and have recently installed the Larini Sport Exhaust from Sector 111. This has got to be the best modification for the car so far. The car transforms to a Ferrari-like scream when going under tunnels and really gets the attention the car needs. There is barely any resonance at 6ht gear 4000 rpm. I have done some research on line and decide to go for the Larini Sport Exhaust instead of Lotus stage II exhaust. The Larini SC exhaust is of an single oval tip design while the Larini sport exhaust is a twin polished steel design. I am also planning on doing a super charger mod sometime next year. Go with Larini. You will be amazed at how much additional fun you can get out of your car.
GTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Larini sport exhaust VS Lotus Stage II exhaust

I originally had my eyes set on the Lotus Stage II exhaust with the rationale that it is offered by Lotus as an OEM upgrade. There were a few listing on ebay from Lotus owners dumping the stage II for something else. My search on lotus talk leads to the conclusion that the Stage II exhaust has a constant drone at cruising speed. I couldn't find any used Larini on ebay and had heard nothing but good comment on this exhaust. Sector 111 was offering a sale on the Larini system so I was able to buy a new Larini sytem for under $700.

The Lotus Elise OEM muffler is too quiet for the car's personality. You will be happy with any after market exhaust upgrade. The sound clips on youtube is helpful in selecting a proper muffler.
lotus425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

FWIW: I have the 8" Larini exhaust. I was initially VERY happy with it. In terms of sound, it's a HUGE improvement over the OEM exhaust. However, after only a couple of months, one of the hangers broke off. I took it to a professional welder who said the welds seemed of very poor quality. Sure enough, it's a few months later and I have another seam that is broken.

While I find the appearance, performance and sound quality to be awesome, the build quality is sub-par. Just my experience.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
While I find the appearance, performance and sound quality to be awesome, the build quality is sub-par. Just my experience.
because you got a heavy 8"

I have 6" and it sounds pretty amazing already with stock cat

I like 6" above diffusor exist for it to be lighter than 8" and the oval exit

It's the lightest 6" SS exhaust I think (not sure about 2bular)
Solar Yellow 2008 Exige S240, Moroso oil pan, QWKcans, LETSLA short shifter, Larini club sport 6 inch, SS heat-coated custom header and catless pipe, Manly mounts, RLS 3.0 pulley Mk2, RLS AL heat shield w gold foil, BULLETstud, Sector re-ENFORCER, DBWpedals, BBhook(replace Boomerang tow hook), Front tow hook, The eliminator v3, darthHOLDER, Sector carpet buttons, Rubbertite floor mats, The bootie, Colorful stickers, and......
cracks on front splitter
BadtZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Any warranty issues or need to tweak the cars ECU with the Larini exhaust? Also, do the tips on the through the diffuser versions stick out that much more than the stock tips? Thanks for the input...
12OUTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

larini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus425 View Post
i just installed the Same larini SC on an07 Exige s and am curious do i need to do heat shield or ceramic coating. Yes a newbie question but I was just asked that and actualy had no idea as no one had mentioned prior thanks
Chupee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Intake and Exhausts