I daily drive my Exige and rarely get negative comments. I do often leave my ChaseCam on when I'm out and about, and I have a Viper 5500 SST with the microwave sensor with no audible alarm tones. The remote is 2-way (good for 2 miles range under perfect conditions) and tell me when people are close to it with an alert beep and icon, and when they are too close with an alarm beep and icon. The car side mades no audible or visual notifications so I can easily go visit my car. 99% of time time I find gawkers and people taking pictures of it and don't even approach. The other 1% I approach and pretend like it's not mine until someone tries to do something stupid. I drive my car everywhere, I park in Newark, Paterson, and Passaic, NJ and don't often get worried about the car.
For the people that talk about cars their dad has I tell them my mom has an 800whp Ultima GTR and she likes to race, go Google it.
For people that have better, faster, more expensive, or nicer cars "at home" or somewhere else, I ask them if it is broken down or if they can't afford the insurance, or if they look young (like I do), if it's at home because their dad doesn't let them drive it. I know that really annoys people since it annoys the hell out of me when the cops always ask if this is my dad's car.
Blackwatch - Black Emblems, Penske SA|Radium - Catch Cans, Coolant Tank, Intercooler Couplers, Green Ti Lug Bolts, Fuel Hose, Fuel Pressure Gauge|RLS - Green Intercooler Tubes|Mororso Hard Ano Red Baffled Oil Pan|Shift-I|BOE ProAlloy, BOELinks, Diffuser Brace, Quarter Stick|S111 BBHook, Spal Fans, Floormats|Fast Toys Green Carpet Buttons