Why does the Exige garner so much negative attention? - Page 6 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
One corner at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrocube View Post
Isn't that because, like Audis, Ferraris are almost all exclusively driven by cocks? That's what Jeremy Clarkson says.
Hey, wait a minute - I drive an Audi and don't drive it like a cock. Oh, wait, yeah I do....
2006 Exige | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillet B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

'11 Jaguar XF-R | '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: Audi RS 4 | Legacy Spec.B | Volvo S60R | 350Z
rosscarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson View Post
Hey, wait a minute - I drive an Audi and don't drive it like a cock. Oh, wait, yeah I do....
But you are selling the Audi, there is hope

Enjoying Lotus performance because of its nature, not because of its quantity
doug_porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
But you are selling the Audi, there is hope
Darn, I really want an R8 some day... Oh well... Guess I will just have to settle for a Rossian/Noble. =P

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Podunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #104 (permalink)

That's really unfortunate. I'd chalk most of those reactions up to jealousy, and not spend any more time thinking about it. Ive had my Exige for a couple years in the San Francisco area and have never had any negative comments. Usually its all smiles, enthusiasm, and compliments. Ive even had a people block traffic to ask me about the car. The closest I've come to negative has been people honestly asking me what the car was, kids wanting to race, and one guy talking to his friend saying "yeah, I looked into buying one of these, but I would've bought the super charged one." He was apparently unable to read the 'S' on my car. Im with some of the other folks in that I dont park my car where I cant see it, and 95% of the time my car is out of the garage its moving.
hpsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #105 (permalink)

I had my first 'special' experience yesterday; was on my way down to see rob at Deitch Werks to replace some bald tires, so I was driving the limit on 680 South ( NOT IN THE FAST LANE, mind you;-) and a dude in a pick up swings by, flips me off, pulls in front - and then waves the bird, with gusto, just in case I missed it. I had to laugh at his enthusiasm;-) I eased off the gas and put some more distance between us - think he was LOOKING for a road rage altercation as it wasn't rush hour, and like I mentioned - I was in the slow lane. And I don't even have an exige! It's a stock elise. Who knows - maybe he just didnt like LRG...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
glemmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #106 (permalink)
Premium Member

What a complete and utter douchenozzle!
GuppyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Exige