Ordering BOE REV 250 kit ?? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Ace77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Ordering BOE REV 250 kit ??

Hi,

i only have a comprehension question !
I ordered a REV 250 kit at BOE on Sunday.
As i put it in the shopping cart i was at once redirected to the paypal payment, which was sent via Credit card. (Deposit of 500 dollar)

After completing the order i did not get a confirmation mail with the status of the order or anything else from BOE. Only a message from paypal that the money has been sent.

Now i wanted to know from people who already ordered their supercharger kit there if this is the normal procedure??

Now it is tuesday evening and still no contact to BOE?

Will i get a message soon? Had contact to phil from BOE before i ordered the kit and he explained everything to me.


Dont get me wrong, if i just have to wait everything is ok. but if you send your money from germany to the US and dont get any feedback you beginn to think what could have gone wrong....

Thanks for clarifying......

Alex
Ace77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
 
komiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,248
Images: 2
if Phil got the money you are all set. The 250 is a bit long in the tooth (m62), so it would not suprise me if he has to get one/ make one for you. You might try and leave a message on the phone requesting an estimated delivery date. I would not worry - you picked the right company to deal with. Patience is a virtue, but it's tough to be patient when you are expecting an sc for x-mas. Phil will want to get the balance of payment due before he ships, he'll let you know.
__________________
Lotus Elise #134 - June/2004 build date - BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 336.4bhp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/

Last edited by komiko; 12-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.
komiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
frostycomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cornelius, NC
Posts: 152
Dont worry Phil @ BOE will look after you!! they have the best service and support in the business.
__________________
06 Elise, BOE REV400 TVS Supercharger 75mm pulley. Fastworks Tune, 2Bular SC Headers, 2Bular De-Cat, BOE Silent Touch Muffler, ACT HD/SS Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, PLX Wideband O2 Sensor, S111 tie-rod brace, S111 G-Pan, S111 Heel Toe Pedals, CF Side Scoops, Difflow 5 Element JR Diffuser, Front lip spoiler, Rota Torque, Toyo R888. Throttle body heater delete, LSS Suspension, BWR adjustable sway bar. Manley Motor Mounts. CL RC5+Brake Pads. BOE Catch Can.
frostycomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Ace77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Problem Solved,

got an email today from Phil
Ace77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Westrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 2,867
In my experience almost all of the major companies related to this car can be delayed in contact. I haven't felt ripped off by any of them, but you REALLY need to allow for additional downtime when sending things out or waiting on things.

This market segment is very limited, maybe only 3 or 400 hundred active customers. So alot of the operations are 1-2 man shows. They can only do so much.

It is frustrating, but once you accept it, its not bad.
Westrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Hi,

where do you let the kit install? Any thoughts on import duty etc?
I am from Belgium and will prob order a BOE kit next year.

I looked on their site but cannot find the REV250 kit??



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post
Hi,

i only have a comprehension question !
I ordered a REV 250 kit at BOE on Sunday.
As i put it in the shopping cart i was at once redirected to the paypal payment, which was sent via Credit card. (Deposit of 500 dollar)

After completing the order i did not get a confirmation mail with the status of the order or anything else from BOE. Only a message from paypal that the money has been sent.

Now i wanted to know from people who already ordered their supercharger kit there if this is the normal procedure??

Now it is tuesday evening and still no contact to BOE?

Will i get a message soon? Had contact to phil from BOE before i ordered the kit and he explained everything to me.


Dont get me wrong, if i just have to wait everything is ok. but if you send your money from germany to the US and dont get any feedback you beginn to think what could have gone wrong....

Thanks for clarifying......

Alex
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Ace77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
I think it is off their side because they are currently out of stock of the M62 blowers. So they only offer the TVS systems at the moment
Maybe in about six weeks the M62 will be in stock again (hopefully) and also back on their homepage....
Ace77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post
I think it is off their side because they are currently out of stock of the M62 blowers. So they only offer the TVS systems at the moment
Maybe in about six weeks the M62 will be in stock again (hopefully) and also back on their homepage....
Any reason (except money lol) to not go with the 300kit?
Are you doing the install yourself?
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
German Reimport
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 2,294
Hey guys,

I think I saw your thread about the kit on Seloc.
Have you looked into getting the kit TUEV-approved?
I'd be very interested if you did because I have been playing with the idea of getting a compressor kit myself.
But so far the only ones which seem to be TUEV approved in Germany are the Bemani and the Komo-Tec kits
__________________
If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Hey guys,

I think I saw your thread about the kit on Seloc.
Have you looked into getting the kit TUEV-approved?
I'd be very interested if you did because I have been playing with the idea of getting a compressor kit myself.
But so far the only ones which seem to be TUEV approved in Germany are the Bemani and the Komo-Tec kits
Hi, TUV does not exist in Belgium, so it doesn't count.
Regards
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
German Reimport
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by stekki View Post
Hi, TUV does not exist in Belgium, so it doesn't count.
Regards
You lucky bastards

I guess I should have directed my question towards Ace77 only because I assume that he will face this problem.
__________________
If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
You lucky bastards

I guess I should have directed my question towards Ace77 only because I assume that he will face this problem.
nope, no luck at all, adding SC is completely forbidden here in Belgium, we cannot modify at all.... But, the SC kit from BOE is relatively stealthly..
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Ace77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Sure money was one reason for the old fashioned M62 blower, but on the other hand the REV 250 kit uses the same blower as the Exige for example. And so you stay as close the OEM as possible. I want to convince the TV guys that this kit is almost the same than the kit in the 240 Exige.
And if you know some guys from there i hope they will accept and register it in the car documents (thats what i hope!!)
Perhaps they register it as an "normal" SC Elise (i know different blower system)

Otherwise as stekki said, the BOE kit is relatively stealthy


The TVS blower are much better, but i have blown my engine last year and the rebuild / replacement cost a lot of money so im on a tight budget

Alex
Ace77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
German Reimport
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 2,294
Keep us informed as I'm very interested in how things work out for you.
__________________
If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post
Sure money was one reason for the old fashioned M62 blower, but on the other hand the REV 250 kit uses the same blower as the Exige for example. And so you stay as close the OEM as possible. I want to convince the TV guys that this kit is almost the same than the kit in the 240 Exige.
And if you know some guys from there i hope they will accept and register it in the car documents (thats what i hope!!)
Perhaps they register it as an "normal" SC Elise (i know different blower system)

Otherwise as stekki said, the BOE kit is relatively stealthy


The TVS blower are much better, but i have blown my engine last year and the rebuild / replacement cost a lot of money so im on a tight budget

Alex

Alex, why not working with KomoTec if they are TUV approved?
Importing the REV kit will cost extra on duty tax etc
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Ace77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
Thats right, but still cheaper than Komo Tec.
And Komo Tec does not offer kits for self installation.
Ace77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Plug Whisperer
 
turbophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kansas City/ Overland Park
Posts: 5,135
Images: 6
Hi all- Yes, I had to take the M62 option off the site for a bit. Especially during Black Friday. Those blowers are increasingly difficult to order since the production of them is limited given that OEMs no longer use that rotor pack. Frothe M62 stuff, I've debated about just offering the Intercooled upgrade kit (Rev310 Upgrade) for BWR/Katana cars going forward, as those folks would already have the blower... Well, I'll sort that out later

As for Stealthy look, we can shave the letters off the manifold and re-coat the manifold if you like. It adds about 2 weeks to delivery time and runs about $300. It would be all but impossible for an inspector to know it's not OEM in that instance. The KF tunes are nearly invisible to inspectors as well.... just say'n

Cheers,

Phil
__________________
2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works | 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, NASA 2012 Central TTU Champion 400+whp | 2005 GG Elise, Rev310, Street Car | 2006 CO Elise, Rev300, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: Lotus Performance Engineering and Service Specialists

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning


Engineering & Innovation by Lotus People For Lotus People
Somethin ain't worth do'n, if it ain't worth do'n right
turbophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 147
Alex, could you give us a status please?
stekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Forced Induction



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.