Trouble with FF275 kit install. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Trouble with FF275 kit install.

My oil pressure sensor is not fitting in the T fitting that joins the oil filter block, oil line, and oil sensor. The T fitting end is too big for my oil pressure sensor. This kit was taken off of an 05 Elise, which is the same year as my car. Did lotus come out with different sized oil pressure sensors? Am I missing some type of adaptor fitting? Were there different T fittings offered from ForcedFed?

Thanks!
Attached Images

2005 Lotus Elise Arctic Silver: FF275, ACT HDG6, AP racing 308mm BBK, Reverie 3 element diffuser, Reverie sides scoops, Reverie side skirts, Volk TE-37SL, full alcantara interior, Nitron Singles, RTD brace, Bride Zodia, Bollock knob, REnforcer, Stealthbox, Ekological HID's.
ruggedbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hi
Yes, you need a 1/8" bsp to 1/8" npt adapter. I have them if you cannot find one locally.
They are $12.00 plus a few dollars shipping.
Email me at dmccomponents@gmail.com and send your ship to info. and we will get one coming to you.
Thanks, Jim.
DMC Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you so much!
2005 Lotus Elise Arctic Silver: FF275, ACT HDG6, AP racing 308mm BBK, Reverie 3 element diffuser, Reverie sides scoops, Reverie side skirts, Volk TE-37SL, full alcantara interior, Nitron Singles, RTD brace, Bride Zodia, Bollock knob, REnforcer, Stealthbox, Ekological HID's.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hmm your fitting appears to be slightly different than the one that came with my kit; ( What threads are on the oil fitting for Force Fed kit?? )
I would contact the person you got it from and see how they had it connected.

What I did was get a 1/8" BSPT Male to 1/8" NPT fitting that went to a braided line to remote mount the sensors off the block. Aparently there are issues with vibrations that can cause it to come off, not to mention it is a HUGE pain to try and get to without the motor off. (Much easier to screw in a braided line with a single adapter into the blind hole) I then have the braided line run to the Tee with the OEM oil pressure sensor, aftermarket oil pressure gauge, and the feed line for the the turbo.
wek120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oil take off options for 2ZZ...

Wes has a very good solution there; a "pigtail" of braided hose makes it an easy proposition for the install. We have not seen any fitting or sensor failures from vibration on these engines, however I have heard of one or two. Never a bad idea to isolate a pressure sensor when it is easy.
Lots of people do not realize that these Japanese engines feature pipe threads that have their origins from the British Standard Pipe, thus the BSP designation. Our domestic National Pipe Thread "NPT" is slightly larger and has a different thread count so they are just not interchangeable.
Adapters are easy to find online, however are increasingly difficult to source from local automotive and fitting supply houses.

Hope this helps!

Jim, DMC Components.
DMC Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

All is well now. I ended up picking this piece up from Orme Bros (San Fernando Valley), who had them in stock! Thanks everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Forced Induction