FS/FT: (NV) 02 WRX Wagon full STi Swap (partial trade ??) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
FS/FT: (NV) 02 WRX Wagon full STi Swap (partial trade ??)

2002 Subaru WRX STi swapped Wagon in Platinum Silver Metallic w/clean NV title

Partial trade, see below or $15k

2002 WRX Wagon chassis w/approx. 176k mi. Chassis was from Texas so no rust issues. Car was never smoked in since I've owned her and no pets were allowed. Car has been garaged about 90% of the time since I purchased.

2007 STi Engine, wire harness, ecu and gauge cluster w/ 56k mi. New OEM clutch and flywheel were installed at time of engine swap and have approx. 52k mi on them. The engine/wiring/ecu/cluster were purchased from Millenium Auto with 44xx mi on them

2007 STi Fuel pump assy

2005 STi Transmission, rear diff+mount+support arm, Brembos, 5x114 hubs, aluminum front and rear suspension arms. Center diff controller is OEM and functional. (specific mileage unknown, est. 100k) Brembos are painted black and have blue brembo vinyl stickers

2004 STi steering rack

2007 STi struts and springs (approx. 61k mi on them)

Car runs great, pulls hard and doesn't leak a drop of anything. I'm going to miss her but it is time to move on. No need for 2 fast cars now that the K20 in the Elise is running.

Exterior:
2006 STi BBS wheels in silver with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 225/45/17(new last fall). Wheels are in near perfect condition and tires are like new. Has OEM wheel locks
01-02 JDM HID headlights, OEM electric leveler knob installed and functions
01-02 JDM STi Hood scoop (painted to match)
OEM roof rack crossbars
Car has been garaged 90% of the time I have owned it, washed and waxed regularly

Aftermarket:
Perrin TMIC (huge, barely fits)
Cobb accessport with stage 2 (newer version) ~345hp, she screams!!!! Special ACN (AZ, CA, NV) map for our crappy 91 OCT fuel
Hawk HP+ Front and rear pads (squeal like hell but stopping power makes them worth it)
Perrin Adjustable Front and Rear sway bars (22mm both) 05 STi RSB mounts
Heim joint rear endlinks, not sure on brand
Invidia V3 stainless downpipe(DEI heat wrapped), custom midpipe w/flex joint to a Prodrive axle back with oval tip
Mishimoto aluminum radiator (new in spring '11)
Rallitek poly shift linkage bushing and unknown short shift kit
Group N engine mounts
Cusco transmission mount
Cusco type 2 front chassis brace
Stainless braided brake lines, can't remember brand but not cheap ebay crap.
Whiteline steering rack bushings

Maintenance:
Clutch and flywheel were new OEM parts installed at time of build (now have ~52k mi on them)
Trans fluid is Redline lightweight shockproof and was changed end of last summer
Coolant was changed mid June '12 with Prestone coolant and distilled water
Oil is changed every 4k mi with synthetic Mobil 1 extended performance 5w30
Brake fluid flushed end of '12 with ATE Blue
Rear Diff fluid changed Oct '12 (redline synthetic 75w90)
Fr/Right hub assy/bearing was replaced at 26,xxx mi. due to bearing noise
Front brake pads appear to be at about 50% and rears have about 60%.

Interior:
07 STi OEM Immobilizer, functions properly. Key works on every door lock also
Still has 02 WRX seats , carpet, dash, airbags, cd changer, premium sound
07 STi door panels, master switch and 07 dimming rear view mirror
04 STi HVAC controls, center console and shift knob
OEM Cargo mat and cargo net
Tinted windows, NV legal
Interior is in good condition, no rips or tears. Just slight wear, as any 10yr old car with 170k mi would
Wired and 90% plumbed for I/C sprayer, I have the tank, just needs a creative mounting solution

The bads:
Paint is showing signs of wear, you can tell it has 170k mi on it. Has a few small dings and a few scratches, front bumper, front doors and fenders are pitted. I will provide close up pics for anyone with interest. I'm not saying the car is trashed, just noting the obvious.
E-brake needs adjusted
I have custom machined LHD reflectors for the headlights but they need installed
Airbag light is on, issue is likely known. I missed a wire that went from the airbag ecu to the gauge cluster, I didn't have the diagram to determine where it needed to go. The airbag system was kept from the 02 and I merged all other wiring with the 07 harness, just couldn't connect that one. Someone good with subarus, like Kspeed, would probably be able to get it squared away.
Smog pump is in place of the windscreen washer reservoir. The pump can be removed if you have the Accessport programmed for its removal. Otherwise, I seasonally place the washer reservoir in the rear of the cargo area. It can be easily replumbed to the original location once the smog pump is removed. I would be willing to install the reservoir if requested, buyer would be responsible for the reprogram for air pump deletion and install of block off plate.
The rear window WASHER does not function. The WIPER DOES
The trans has some slight bearing noise, its been there since install and has not gotten worse. Still shifts smooth and has never grinded or popped out of gear. IMHO it does not need immediate attention, very possible that it could go another 75k+ mi with no issues. You have to drive it to understand my position on this. 'Slight' being the key word. Just an honest seller noting everything known.
Has the normal STi strut clunking and popping issues
OE clock doesn't work

Also have the stock downpipe, midpipe to pass an OBD smog test. STi oem Front sway bar and stock wrx steering rack will be provided as well.
I also have a gruppe-s header, grimmspeed uppipe and an additional set of satin black powdercoated BBS with RE070s I can throw in for the right deal.

Looking for $15000. If you know what parts cost, you realize I am in the car well over $25k not including the cost of the car.

TRADES: I would take a partial trade for a Honda S2000, mazda miata <$9000, stock WRX <$9000, 98-01 Impreza RS, Classic Mini, older Mini CooperS, even a clean RSX-S. Also consider a decent Audi TT A4 S4, BMW Z3 Z4 or XI series, Nissan 350Z, low budget rock crawler <$5000 or a car trailer. No automatics, no engine swaps and NOTHING OVER $12k as I need cash to make the trade work. The closer to stock the better. NO other trades, please don't ask.
I will also throw in $300 worth of NEW OEM parts of buyers choice, not that it needs anything, just trying to sweeten the deal!
Pm me your email addy if you would like more pics, tell me what you want a pic of and I'll send it over.
Attached Images

Last edited by one11; 01-29-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: price drop
one11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Price drop...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
SOLD!!!! ! ! !
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Cars for sale (not Lotus)