The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
  • Notice image
    Reminder! You're responsible for closing your listing when your item is sold/found/traded - when doing so please select SOLD or FOUND. If you post phone numbers and emails in your ad, your listing will be deleted (this is for your personal protection). If posting a Want to Buy please be sure you have picked the correct listing type from the three selections, ie., Want to Buy - not For Sale or For Trade. Thanks for reading!

Lotus 7, Birkin Chassis.

14K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  lotusman1951 
#1 · (Edited)
Lotus Birkin Caterham 7

Birkin Chassis lotus 7. second owner from 1k miles, 1999 chassis like new.. only 15k miles. Car is in show condition, with multiple car show trophies.and has only been in 1 speed event, an autocross that it got FTD. 1600 x-flow engine t9 tranny. Oil cooler with SS braided lines. Electramotive crank trigger, twin 40 dcoe webers with sock style air filters. Custom made overflow tanks. Front lip spoiler easily removed, custom made whisker spoilers as well. Lightened flywheel and new HD clutch assy. Exhaust converted to side exit using SS. headers wrapped and front bulkhead heat shielding added. Brake lines all braided SS, with racing pads, with stock pads available with car. Driveshaft safety hoop. Original windshield AND interchangeable custom made brooklands operational screen. Both windshield assy with seperatly custom made mirrors. Headlamp assembly and mounts also custom made, originals available with car. Rear leather bag trunk with custom rack fits in place of spare tire mount (also available). Aluminum Monza/flip-catch style gas cap. Full weather gear including top, side curtains and Tonneau cover. Also 1/2 side covers to keep the gravel bits out. Mounted fire extinguisher, 6 point drivers harness, comes with old drivers belt as well. Passengers belt stock. small 3rd brake light under the roll bar. brand new Panasport style wheels with new Falken Azenis RT tires with less than 300 miles on them. improved light switch assy, Dashboard has custom made hold handle and GPS mounting bracket, GPS can be included. 12V power supply plug installed as well. Yellow over polished aluminum with Black wings/fenders VERY sharp! all decals are easily removed per buyer. Kept in heated garage.
The car ALSO comes with a spare-second z-tech crated engine we never installed. we bought the engine off of e-bay and it was supposed to have been rebuilt but know nothing more of it.

We adore this awesome car, and Car is only being sold to purchase Lotus Elise. Will trade for Elise as well as outright sale. Car originally bought for $ 22k, and we have $ 5k in this well sorted out Birkin/Lotus 7.
please serious inquiries ONLY. Never titled car comes with all original paperwork. purchased from Dick Brink, history available.

Robert Kansa 330-714-3740

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
More pictures posted now.

some of the pictures have the old wheels on them, but the one picture also has the new wheels shown which are charcoal grey centers with a deep dish polished rim panasport style. very classic on this car and they work very well too.

Yes BOTH windshields, the original AND the brooklands are included. It takes about 5 minutes to change from one to the other and can be done with 1 person.

#13 ·
I am giving till the end of this week, then she's going on the auction block.

So please dont call me in 2 weeks telling me "oh i have the full amount of money right here if it was only still for sale". the car has been being advertised for 3 months and now must be sold.

Thanks everyone.

#15 ·
Just to put the Birkin in perspective, mine runs about 5 seconds faster around our local track than my Elise. Yes it has semi slicks and my elise does not BUT my Elise should have atleast 40kW more. BTW, before you think the track is a long track, it is not, the Elise does a 1:16.

The guys that do an engine swop to a 2liter and a few other mods run 14 seconds a lap faster than my Elise... Just saying...

The video is one of my fellow racers. The three cars that dissappear out in front are the 2liter boys...

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.