Exige Cup V-6 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exige Cup V-6

Is there any Lotustalk member that is willing to reveal that they ordered an Exige Cup V-6? I heard there were 10 available and they were snapped up in two days. When are they due in? I'm guessing CA is getting a few, where are the others going? Just curious.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Spoke to a Lotus rep over the weekend, from what I understand, 10 have been sold and 20-25 will be offered. They very recently went into production, so wouldn’t expect any states side for a few months. Hopefully someone who has one on order or a Lotus rep can fill in a few more details.
LarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Is there any Lotustalk member that is willing to reveal that they ordered an Exige Cup V-6? I heard there were 10 available and they were snapped up in two days. When are they due in? I'm guessing CA is getting a few, where are the others going? Just curious.
I just ordered one. Brittish Motors, San Francisco. Supposed to be delivered in December.
ddurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Is it white? I think they offrerd it to me
Ked67madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

I thought the "Track only" versions only came in white?
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurham View Post
I just ordered one. Brittish Motors, San Francisco. Supposed to be delivered in December.
Apparently you havent been following the most current issues with Lotus to know all Exige production has been idled. It has been this way for over a month now which has caused a lot of uncertainty about the future state of business. As it stands right now, not 1 single customer ordered Exige V6 has been delivered. Deposits with dealers are being held up as continuous releases from Lotus delay the delays. This is all due to a lack of parts given the breakdown in relations with suppliers over payments not recieved and Lotus most recent request for an extension to pay its taxes due. In addition, current Proton/ Lotus owners , DRB Hicom, have not recieved approval or sign off from their inveatora for its new plan for Lotus.

It is unlikely; no it isnt even realistic or possible that you will get an Exige in December. There are hundreds of orders ahead of yours with customers who have waited over a year (not to mention in higher priority markets where Lotus actively sell the car in).

If production did magically resume today, it realisticaly wouldnt be until May the car could be delivered. You have eigher been misled or lied to. Good luck with that order.

The Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry

Last edited by Vishus_1; 10-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Vishus_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ked67madison View Post
Is it white? I think they offrerd it to me
I originally ordered the white one but switched to the black one. Unfortunately they all come with ac which is silly in a race car.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishus_1 View Post
Apparently you havent been following the most current issues with Lotus to know all Exige production has been idled. It has been this way for over a month now which has caused a lot of uncertainty about the future state of business. As it stands right now, not 1 single customer ordered Exige V6 has been delivered. Deposits with dealers are being held up as continuous releases from Lotus delay the delays. This is all due to a lack of parts given the breakdown in relations with suppliers over payments not recieved and Lotus most recent request for an extension to pay its taxes due. In addition, current Proton/ Lotus owners , DRB Hicom, have not recieved approval or sign off from their inveatora for its new plan for Lotus.

It is unlikely; no it isnt even realistic or possible that you will get an Exige in December. There are hundreds of orders ahead of yours with customers who have waited over a year (not to mention in higher priority markets where Lotus actively sell the car in).

If production did magically resume today, it realisticaly wouldnt be until May the car could be delivered. You have eigher been misled or lied to. Good luck with that order.
Thank you for the words of wisdom, but Lotus is not closing the doors and the 2013 cars have started to show up in our dealerships so the Exiges will show up sooner or later.
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1++ (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1), MS Oil Sump
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my track toys have Rotaries
Julian73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

I believe the US Track cars were red, black, white and blue...all the non-lifestyle colors..

either way I would love to ride in one!!
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Thank you for the words of wisdom, but Lotus is not closing the doors and the 2013 cars have started to show up in our dealerships so the Exiges will show up sooner or later.
Shows what you know. I have a picture of the car and it ships in 10 days. the first batch of 5. in fact we're getting the first V-6 's as they are still waiting for the EU approval for the street cars in europe. Maybe next time you should know what you're talking about befor you flame.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Shows what you know. I have a picture of the car and it ships in 10 days. the first batch of 5. in fact we're getting the first V-6 's as they are still waiting for the EU approval for the street cars in europe. Maybe next time you should know what you're talking about befor you flame.
Sorry. Didn't mean to respond to you. Rather, to the guy who said (without any actual knowledge) that the factory was closed. Sorry again.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

I don't know who you are and frankly I don't care but if you believe that, you are living in a bubble and aren't aware of what Lotus has been going through for the last year.

Maybe you should check the other forums with actual news about Lotus on them. Here is some good reading that might inform you:
V6 Exige S Production
- jump to the end and read the last few pages of threads. There are hundreds of people just like you who placed an order and are being strung along.

I confidently know not 1 single V6 Exige has been delivered to date. Those that were in production were idled and have only had bits and pieces as some parts arrived from suppliers - but even then they have not been able to complete assembly. As of yesterday (11/02), the goal is to attempt to complete some LHD cars for dealer demos in Europe and Austrailia. Proton is not willing to commit to delivery dates since many parts remain in limbo but some dealers are misleadingly telling some customers with deposits (placed over a year ago now) that they will get their cars at the end of November or December. BTW - Lotus does not support those statements and is unwilliing at this moment to commit or guarantee that date. This is at least the 12th time there has been a delay and extension of production.

And you think they are awaiting EU approval for the street??? I don't know where you obtained that bizarre piece of information but nothing could be further from true. They already have approval - that hasn't ever been an issue.

But it is always a full moon on the internet and you are free to believe what a dealer or someone else tells you. Not my problem.

If I and all the other customers who haven't gotten one is wrong, then I will eagerly await the photos of your delivered car on November 12th. I will check this thread then.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have to say the answer is somewhere in between both you guys stories. Not one UK customer car has been built yet, and it at present apart from rumours there is no concrete sign of any in the near future. The suppliers have not been paid. DRB Hitcom wont release any funds for whatever reason to get things moving.
But, i was at the factory two weeks ago and one of the Lotus motorsport guys was telling me that the factory has been set up to build the race series ones. normally the Motorsport section would do this, but the motorsport guys are moving into the factory to do this. And he also mentioned a Order for America were the only ones getting built. So i reckon there is a slim chance that you guys might be getting some soon. And the way things are looking, they might be the only V6 ones ever to be produced.
Top cat S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top cat S2 View Post
I have to say the answer is somewhere in between both you guys stories. Not one UK customer car has been built yet, and it at present apart from rumours there is no concrete sign of any in the near future. The suppliers have not been paid. DRB Hitcom wont release any funds for whatever reason to get things moving.
But, i was at the factory two weeks ago and one of the Lotus motorsport guys was telling me that the factory has been set up to build the race series ones. normally the Motorsport section would do this, but the motorsport guys are moving into the factory to do this. And he also mentioned a Order for America were the only ones getting built. So i reckon there is a slim chance that you guys might be getting some soon. And the way things are looking, they might be the only V6 ones ever to be produced.
Yup, 10 motorsports built V6's coming stateside
plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
Yup, 10 motorsports built V6's coming stateside
Agree with you Eddie---We have two of the 10 coming to us via Max at Greenville Lotus---a white one and actually a yellow one for moi The Lotus Motorsports guys actually did build them in the proper factory to get them done. Who knows what random parts they used.
Don't tell my wife, btw!
docjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't dispute 10 are slated for US. That's been known for a while.

But does the 10 coming to the US above and beyond all other orders make ANY sense??? The US is an afterthought to Lotus right now - especially to DRB Hicom and Proton. There are hundreds of customers in every other market who put a deposit down who have not gotten their cars in months. The Exige S production started months ago and was sidelined because of lack of parts. If Lotus did have enough parts to hobble together some cars ,wouldn't it be reasonable to fend off the building bad publicity and get the visibility of delivering actual customer ordered cars in the markets where the car is street legal in?

I guess stranger things have happened but in their current situation, it would not be good to send 10 cars to the US when all other markets have been delayed time and again and still are somewhat in limbo right now.

Again, I will eagerly watch this thread and if a US track car does show up on November 12th, I am going to be stunned.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjay View Post
Agree with you Eddie---We have two of the 10 coming to us via Max at Greenville Lotus---a white one and actually a yellow one for moi The Lotus Motorsports guys actually did build them in the proper factory to get them done. Who knows what random parts they used.
Don't tell my wife, btw!
Jay you bought one!?!?!?!?! OMGGGG!
We have 3 coming to the west - hoping to debut at our next LotusCup event.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Today is the day! Eagerly awaiting the photo of the delivered V6 Exige per the original posters post 10 days ago. According to Lotus, there still hasn't been any completed or delivered V6 Exige and every other customer is still on limbo but hey, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about so I can't wait to see the photo of this car delivered.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishus_1 View Post
Today is the day! Eagerly awaiting the photo of the delivered V6 Exige per the original posters post 10 days ago. According to Lotus, there still hasn't been any completed or delivered V6 Exige and every other customer is still on limbo but hey, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about so I can't wait to see the photo of this car delivered.
I have no dog in this fight nor do I wish one, I am just curious why you would revel so much in a delay of any magnitude of someone else's car.

Being "right" over something like this just seems pointless and can only burn bridges.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

I am not revelling. I was accused by Ddurham of not knowing what I'm talking about, so I am awaiting to be proven wrong. I will be happy if I am incorrect and Ddurham actually takes delivery of a V6 Exige however I am pretty confident in my information and resources. I originally thought Ddurham was either misinformed or misled and was simply trying to update him- but given his obstanence and argumentative disposition, I am now primarily seeking to determine what is up with this.

I am as upset as all the other customers who have now been waiting over a year for these cars to be produced. Look at the link I posted above you will see Lotus has really been jerking the customers around and it still continues to this very morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus "Track" and Racing Cars