New Boze Wheels Pro-Touring Wheels - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

2Likes
  • 1 Post By SLKado
  • 1 Post By TedR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

New Boze Wheels Pro-Touring Wheels

Hello Everyone,

Just got word from Boze Forged that the Pro-Touring wheels they were making for my '00 Esprit are on their way. They're still working on the center caps that will have the Lotus insignia on them. Zak sent me a pic of the wheels before mailing them and I think they're going to look great! For anyone considering having wheels made, I'd highly recommend Zak and Larry at Boze. They have been a true pleasure to work with.

Also, within the next couple of weeks, I'll be selling the Magnesio wheels I have on the Esprit now via Lotus Talk's marketplace, so if you're interested, keep an eye out!

Stephen
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:24 AM

How much are the new wheel costing you? and how much do you want for the old ones?

Esprit S4
BMW 850I
BMW 850CSI
BMW M5 Sold
MB CLS
Corvette ZR1
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:01 AM

Garage
Wow are those wheels beautiful. Can't wait to see them on the car. Great choice.
byrdste likes this.

2005 LRG Lotus Elise

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:05 PM

I think I'll be looking out for the used wheels as well.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
How much are the new wheel costing you? and how much do you want for the old ones?
In previous posts he said:

"I'm paying $3500, including shipping for the wheels.

and for the Chronos Magnesios:

" I'll be selling the Magnesio wheels I have on the Esprit now via Lotus Talk's marketplace,"

Eddie B
88 Esprit 'SLEEK GT'

Last edited by sleekgt; 05-19-2017 at 05:16 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

I think I'm going to post the Magnesios for sale on Ebay. That'll be the simplest way to sell them, I think. I'll put out a notice on the forum when they actually go up for sale. The Boze Pro-Touring wheels look fantastic, but there were a couple of snags with the installation. First, the hub centric rings they included were sized for the rear hubs and, thus, too big for the front hubs. I've had to order another set for the front which were only $3, but UPS shipping was $18. Good grief. Second, Boze drilled the hole for the valve stems on the back part (interior) of the wheel, presumably to keep them from being highly visible. However, that placement, plus the depth they drilled the holes to, means that the valve stems hit the brake calipers on the front wheels when they rotate. So, the new wheels got on, but the car never even left the lift. When the new rings come in and we find stems that'll work, then the wheel install will be finalized. We've found some angled valve stems which will probably work, but putting air in the tires is going to be a challenge. I'm going to let Boze know about these two issues to spare any future Esprit owners a little headache. I'll put up pics as soon as it's done. The wheels are simply beautiful and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I'll get the Magnesios washed and will let everyone know when they go up for sale!

Stephen
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdste View Post
We've found some angled valve stems which will probably work, but putting air in the tires is going to be a challenge.
I would be interested to see a picture of where the hole for the valve stem was drilled.

If the angled valve stem you found does not work out you might look into the valve stem that Triumph puts on most (all?) of it's motorcycles. It is a compact 90 deg stem. Triumph part number T2006615.
byrdste likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Would it be possible to put a tiny stem, or some other plug in the inside holes, and then have Boze drill holes on the outside where they belong? Even if you figure out a clearance solution on the inside, it will be difficult to check pressure so you'll ignore it. Not a good thing.

Don
Esprit S4s #155 of 158
Lotus cars and parts for sale www.donferrario.com/lotus
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM

What diameters and widths you go with on those BOZE wheels? They'll look sharp on the Esprit!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSalesman View Post
Would it be possible to put a tiny stem, or some other plug in the inside holes, and then have Boze drill holes on the outside where they belong? Even if you figure out a clearance solution on the inside, it will be difficult to check pressure so you'll ignore it. Not a good thing.
That's a good idea and I guess it's possible. I plan on keeping the tire pressure where it needs to be despite any difficulty accessing the stems may present. The shop putting the wheels on said I can come by any time and they'll do it for me, if needed. Returning the wheels to Boze to get them to redrill the holes would be quite an endeavor and I can live with the wheels as they are. And regarding Boze, I haven't been nearly as thrilled with their customer service since receiving my wheels (and making the final payment). I texted Zak, sent him an email and left a message via their website's Contact Us page about the wheels' issues on Monday and have heard nothing back. During the building process, they'd respond within hours. Not sure what to make of that, but trying to keep a non-judgmental mind....
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
What diameters and widths you go with on those BOZE wheels? They'll look sharp on the Esprit!
Thank you for the kind words! The wheels are: front, 17x8.5 w/front inset of 19.0 and rear 18x10 w/rear inset of 17.0. I wanted them identical to Lotus specs. They're still working on the center caps, but once installed, I think it'll really set the wheels off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Esprit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.