The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

It's a what ????

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Turbo R 
#1 ·
I'm confused, what does it say down the side ?:facepalm

#2 ·
I'd heard about the existence of this very rare prototype - being somewhat of a Porsche bigot.. You see, lore has it - when Audi was trying an unfriendly takeover of Porsche AG - it was rumored that Porsche was secretly trying to partner with another manufacturer outside Germany. This is without a doubt - video of that very rare prototype car - secretly labeled the "PORTUS" prototype..... Since "Carrera" is a claimed Porsche Tradename as a marque - I'm somewhat convinced I'm correct in all this...

Either that - or the owner wanted a red rocker sticker - and these were on sale through J.C. Whitney...?

I hope this helps - but, quite sure - it probably doesn't...

;)

John D.

#7 ·
"Carrera" doesn't really translate into anything in Japanese in an automotive sense that I am aware of. The closest thing I could think of would be saying "Carrera" in a proper Japanese accent which would roughly translate into "kareh-da"...meaning, "It's curry!" Sounds tasty, but not something you'd want on the side of your Esprit. :)

My guess is that the owner unknowingly added it, thinking it to be a flashy addition...either that or it was intentionally done to be over the top for attention, as in bosozoku, an act against conformity, something that runs rampant in a society where the old proverb "the nail that sticks out, gets hammered" still applies.

Then again, my favorite saying lately has been..."You can give a person money, but you can't give him style or taste!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.