The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Old Elan story

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  thruthefence 
#1 ·
Many years ago, mid-late 70's, I was employed by a large helicopter service company, located in Lafayette, Louisiana. This company was considering the purchase of a number of a new (at the time) type of Helicopter, known as the Sikorsky 'S-76'. A grand dog'n'pony show was planned at the company headquarters, and part of the show was a full scale mock up of the S-76. It arrived at the hangar on a large flat bed truck, and perched up in front of the helicopter, was a white Lotus Elan. At that time, I was driving a ragged out MGB-GT, (but of course, hoped for better one day) and was really stoked to see this car, Lotus being a rare marque in the marshes of south Louisiana. I wanted to talk to the driver, but never got the chance. I wondered what his story was, the car simply piggy backed on a load, going to a new owner? Or was he a cool truck driver, unloading the Elan for a swingin' time when the locale warranted it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.