The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

BOE Evora CAI

198K views 915 replies 124 participants last post by  jmardy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hints of better things to come for Evora and Evora S owners. BOE has produced me a great Cold Air Intake system for the Evora S and is modifing to the NA version of the car.

2.5% power and torque gains at 6450 rpm, gains start at 5600 and grow to Redline, no losses along curve, stable air flow ratios. System cuts weight out of tail and offers true cold air draw direct from body scope as per OEM and offers easier access and maintenance of filter element.

Quote from Phil at BOE:"Feeling very good about the car. It drives nice. Throttle response is very crisp and it's VERY eager to rev on tip in!"

Power plots
i) White curve - Komo-Tec Header, Komo-Tec 200 cell Cat, BOE Kold-fire custom tune
ii) Blue curve - (i) + BOE CAI

Attachments

See less See more
#76 ·
As to CAI's the Lotus set up is the best possible interms of intake temps and ram air induction. It pulls air in from an external intake scoop in front of the LHS wheel arch. We need to drop anotehr 100 degs with an IC, ice or meth injection.

#79 ·
Still on the list.

Worth the wait... or, well I think so:eek:... Good or bad, this Spring has been the busiest yet. We're way behind in CAD work. Need to just sit down with a couple cold ones and get it all knocked out, but time has been short... It will get done. Promise!

Thank for the interest as always!

Phil

#82 ·
I am looking forward to seeing this product hit the streets. I was overwhelmed with the "other" option(s) out for our cars. I was concerned with problems that have been previously discussed and am glad I am waiting for this design.

#83 · (Edited)
Just a note from the field; prototype unit is still running in excellent form.

#86 ·
Refer to TurboPhils post #79 .. I would suggest your communicate directly with BOE, this is their companies product not a group buy.

#90 · (Edited)
Any that have true interest would be best served to contact BOE Fabrication directly through email addresses posted on their business website, also Phil does post on here under Turbophil.

#93 ·
I'm hearing ya loud 'n clear. Project not forgotten. Must be the busiest summer ever. Andrew moving to a new home, me a new baby, and the shop's been jammed all the while:eek: It's bittersweet. Love being busy, but certainly waaaaay behind on cranking out these CAI's for you guys.

Hang in there:up:

Cheers,

Phil

#98 · (Edited)
Fair enough Phil, thanks for responding :)

I emailed and left a voicemail about a month ago and never received a response... considering your situation, I can understand that. Babys tend to take up most of the available resources!

As I understand.... there are a couple of CAI options for the Lotus Evora, with BOE (possibly) being one of them.

I have an NA Evora... and I'd love a CAI.

Is a BOE CAI an option for me?

*edit* after re-reading your last post, I think you are working on it, but I don't know if you've given a date. Do you have any estimate on when it will be available for us NA Evora peeps?

#99 ·
Fair enough Phil, thanks for responding :)

I emailed and left a voicemail about a month ago and never received a response... considering your situation, I can understand that. Babys tend to take up most of the available resources!

As I understand.... there are a couple of CAI options for the Lotus Evora, with BOE (possibly) being one of them.

I have an NA Evora... and I'd love a CAI.

Is a BOE CAI an option for me?
Thanks.

I'd say yes--- it **will** be an option... just not today :eek: The engineering is sound and tested with proper data... alas, the time is just short...

We do our best to hit all the VMs and emails. There have been several about this part/project... and yes, they're not first priority to reply to since the part is still in the lab and not on the inventory shelves----if that makes sense...

-PV

#101 ·
Sure, $115k for the CAI and the car plus a cup of Starbucks will be thrown inrotfl

#104 ·
Well, they can answer the phone 50 times and answer the question 50 times, or one of us can post the answer here after we get it.

If they are willing to answer here, it would save them a lot of time and hopefully allow them to spend time in development rather than answering the same questions over and over on the phone.

Make sense?

#105 ·
relax, I'm not being a dick, but what those of us who have spoken to BOE are trying to say, is that it isn't our place to give a concrete answer for them, but BOE will be happy to give you a concrete answer personally.

They don't get on here a ton anymore because of how busy they are.

#107 ·
Additionally by communicating directly with BOE you are showing demand. I know they want to support the Evora but honestly they have tons of work and need to see a demand of more than 10 cars for our upgrades.

#109 ·
I though your were going to be the next guinea pig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.