The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Canard alternatives

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Tazicon 
#1 ·
Hi, I seriously consider to buy&fit som canards (also called vortex generators) on my Evora S.

I see that Win Ace produce some, probably also SA Motorsport in UK and then we have British Racing Group who claim they provide Lotus Motorsport canards for the Evoras (but I have never seen Lotus Motorsport offer them for the standard Evora front).

Anyhow. Have anyone here tried any of these alternatives and have any feedback to share regrading to ease to fit, build quality, looks, function or possibly any dysfunction?

#2 ·
If you are looking for function then it'll be a crapshoot. In short, a proper canard itself doesn't provide much downforce but it creates a sort of air side skirt that keeps air under the car and allows the diffuser to work more efficiently. The problem is that the placement and shape of the canard depends on ride height, skirts, diffuser, splitter, and wing. Done wrong, a canard can actually produce rear lift because the vortex hits the rear wing and reduces its effectiveness.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I have almost entire Win Ace product line and ended up not using canards . Neighbor has Evora and bought them off me and just installed . They are very robust caynards and must drill 3 holes in bumper as no way tape holding them on at track or highway speeds. I will try to get some pics and feedback from him. He is on LT but doesnt post much.

#5 ·
Interesting. I actually didn't know the purpose was to generate a vortex to counter-act the tendency to suck air in under the floor the car. Clever. Did I say I worked on the development of the wing flaps for the Airbus A380, or was that just something I was dreaming, or an evil rumor? No, honestly, despite my background (many years ago) half of the purpose was because I consider them to be a cool attribute. Maybe the canards are the last pieces you add to an aero package, if I listen to cyow5.

94Mr2GR; yes please if you can post some pictures, it would be nice independently of my decision. What was the reason why you didn't fit them after fitting all the other stuff?

#7 ·
I have the Win Ace canards from Hethelsport. I got them for form over function -lol I like the way they widen up the look of the front and fill in the empty space -feels more aggressive now :D

#10 ·
Kind of... I have these?.. :shrug:

Reactions: HethelSport
#12 ·
Whatever do you mean?!.. lol

#16 ·
Oh, but I do want your Evora mirrors, taillight conversion, fender vents, and if you do some sort of rear bumper 'canards'?..(sorry don't know the proper term) like on your car!

I just need a second job :grin2:

#14 ·
#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.